Changes at Clear Channel

News, information, and comment about 'the media'

Moderator: Super Moderators

voguy
Pirate

Changes at Clear Channel

Post by voguy » 01-28-2014 01:39 PM

Darren Davis is newest President at CCM+E

Darren Davis becomes president of the new "Clear Channel Networks Group." Its four main components are Premiere Networks (whose current leader Julie Talbott becomes its President). Total Traffic + Weather Network. The 24/7 News Network. And the iHeartRadio Network.

The memo just sent to Clear Channel staffers notes that Darren Davis began as an intern at WASH, Washington DC (97.1), and later served as a PD, Senior VP of Programming and then EVP/General Manager of National Programming Platforms, working with Tom Poleman.

Clear Channel says "Darren Davis will oversee and ensure the success and close integration of our Networks, with the support of Brian Lakamp and the Digital team, Tim Castelli and the NSMP group, and Tom Poleman and NPP." Also - "The Clear Channel National Sales, Marketing and Partnerships group will continue to handle advertising sales for Premiere Networks within the strategy set by Premiere Management." Premiere supplies more than 5,000 radio affiliates with products from a lineup of 90 shows and services. As for iHeart Radio Network, the memo says it's "focusing on all the digital music programming, curation, affiliate relations and marketing strategies for our service."

CCM+E leader John Hogan recently left his active role in the company, and today's memo says that in general, "we continue to evolve and transform our structures and team, opening up even more opportunities."
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 01-28-2014 10:58 PM

So, Voguy, What does this announcement mean? Any inside knowledge or gossip about the inside of the industry. Inquiring minds want to know? :)
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 01-28-2014 11:55 PM

Hopefully nothing bad will happen from this!!

I love listening to QUIET STORM that they have! (They have a QS stream)

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 01-29-2014 05:07 PM

Some folks are leaving the company early, which rumor has it that they know the debt of the company is going to be a problem this year. They are going to have to find some new investors (suckers) to take over the debt load.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Sean_in_Montreal
Pirate

Post by Sean_in_Montreal » 01-29-2014 10:41 PM

John B. Wells is gone from Coast. Fallout from the changes?
"I believe in keeping an open mind, but not so open that my brains spill out."(unknown)

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 01-30-2014 01:32 AM

I am so sorry to hear that, he will be missed. He doesn't like secrets.:(

Neither do I.
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 01-30-2014 09:33 AM

am wondering just what IS going on with Clear Channel -- sounds strange... Will "stay tuned" as they say...

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 01-30-2014 10:57 AM

I understand that John is starting his own podcast.

http://caravantomidnight.com/
KARMA RULES

Return to “Media Watch”