National Geographic Channel Goes 'Inside 9/11'

News, information, and comment about 'the media'

Moderator: Super Moderators

Corvid
Anchors Aweigh

Post by Corvid » 08-23-2005 06:03 PM

Personally.... I think that 'w' (*) does a great imitation of a (very dumb) deer in the headlights. :eek: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

BenSlain
Pirate

Post by BenSlain » 08-23-2005 10:14 PM

? so...
Put in a prison cell, but one time he could-a been The champion of the world.

Corvid
Anchors Aweigh

Post by Corvid » 08-23-2005 10:34 PM

:)

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 08-29-2005 06:44 AM

BenSlain wrote: I thought everybody new that.

Did you also notice that there was no link to Iraq in this documentary ?

BenSlain
Pirate

Post by BenSlain » 08-29-2005 08:44 AM

SETIsLady wrote: Did you also notice that there was no link to Iraq in this documentary ?

Why would there be?

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 08-29-2005 10:32 AM

BenSlain wrote: Why would there be?

The impact of Bush linking 9/11 and Iraq

from the March 14, 2003 edition

WASHINGTON – In his prime-time press conference last week, which focused almost solely on Iraq, President Bush mentioned Sept. 11 eight times. He referred to Saddam Hussein many more times than that, often in the same breath with Sept. 11.

Bush never pinned blame for the attacks directly on the Iraqi president. Still, the overall effect was to reinforce an impression that persists among much of the American public: that the Iraqi dictator did play a direct role in the attacks. A New York Times/CBS poll this week shows that 45 percent of Americans believe Mr. Hussein was "personally involved" in Sept. 11, about the same figure as a month ago.

Sources knowledgeable about US intelligence say there is no evidence that Hussein played a role in the Sept. 11 attacks, nor that he has been or is currently aiding Al Qaeda. Yet the White House appears to be encouraging this false impression, as it seeks to maintain American support for a possible war against Iraq and demonstrate seriousness of purpose to Hussein's regime.

http://www.csmonitor.com/2003/0314/p02s01-woiq.html

9/11 Commission: No Link Between Al-Qaida and Saddam

WASHINGTON - Bluntly contradicting the Bush administration, the commission investigating the Sept. 11 attacks reported Wednesday there was ``no credible evidence'' that Saddam Hussein helped al-Qaida target the United States.

In a chilling report that sketched the history of Osama bin Laden's network, the commission said his far-flung training camps were ``apparently quite good.'' Terrorists-to-be were encouraged to ``think creatively about ways to commit mass murder,'' it added.

Bin Laden made overtures to Saddam for assistance, the commission said in the staff report, as he did with leaders in Sudan, Iran, Afghanistan and elsewhere as he sought to build an Islamic army.

Chairman of the National Commission on Terrorists Attacks Upon the United States (9-11 Commission) Gov. Thomas Kean looks on at the beginning of their final two-day hearing at the National Transportation Security Board conference center in Washington, June 16, 2004. The commission investigating the Sept. 11 attacks began its final hearings on Wednesday before delivering its findings at the end of next month. REUTERS/Larry Downing

While Saddam dispatched a senior Iraqi intelligence official to Sudan to meet with bin Laden in 1994, the commission said it had not turned up evidence of a ``collaborative relationship.''

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines04/0616-01.htm

Ben, maybe that is because President Bush on more than one occaison IMPLIED that is the reason we were going after Iraq, of course that story has changed numerous times. And keeps using 9/11 when questioned about the War now.
Last edited by SETIsLady on 08-29-2005 10:38 AM, edited 1 time in total.

BenSlain
Pirate

Post by BenSlain » 08-29-2005 12:53 PM

Your post says "
Bush never pinned blame for the attacks directly on the Iraqi president."

Although...As Saddam said many times "death to the American devils" Although I think it was not a good time to go there we would have had to sooner or later. He was a terrorist. He paid Palestinians to make attacks in Israel. I have a hard time feeling sorry for him. He have showed in the past he was out of control.

The thing is now what do we do? I think it's just plain stupid to say pull everyone out now. We do that....millions will die. Why is that ok with everybody?

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 08-29-2005 06:16 PM

BenSlain wrote: Your post says "
Bush never pinned blame for the attacks directly on the Iraqi president."

Although...As Saddam said many times "death to the American devils" Although I think it was not a good time to go there we would have had to sooner or later. He was a terrorist. He paid Palestinians to make attacks in Israel. I have a hard time feeling sorry for him. He have showed in the past he was out of control.

The thing is now what do we do? I think it's just plain stupid to say pull everyone out now. We do that....millions will die. Why is that ok with everybody?

No but it does say this
SETIsLady wrote:
WASHINGTON - Bluntly contradicting the Bush administration, the commission investigating the Sept. 11 attacks reported Wednesday there was ``no credible evidence'' that Saddam Hussein helped al-Qaida target the United States.

I don't feel sorry for Saddam Ben, he was ruthless & brutal What I do feel sorry for is we as a Country were MISLED. What I do feel sorry for is our men and woman dying based on a lie. What I feel sorry for is I blindly followed this lie. My fear was used and twisted to fit an agenda. That is what I feel sorry for.
Last edited by SETIsLady on 08-29-2005 07:56 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Media Watch”