Deban Hemp

National movement to repeal bans on hemp industry. Information, products, grassroots support

Moderator: Super Moderators

Shirleypal
Pirate

Deban Hemp

Post by Shirleypal » 10-23-2004 10:44 PM

http://www.drugpolicy.org/marijuana/hemp/deaban/

Interesting site on history of the ban and links to get hemp de-banned.

drnewel
Pirate

Hemp

Post by drnewel » 11-14-2004 06:49 PM

With all of this talk of getting hemp un-banned; is there any one who has tried the legal smoke of Salvia Divinorum?

It is a broad leaf plant from South America that the "Indians" use for enlightenment and was discovered and brought to North America by Dr. Hoffman, the doctor who invented L.S.D.

DR. Hoffman, then provided clones of his cuttings, where you can still order the preparations from his plant on the internet.

It is a memebr of the ordinary sage family.
Dr. Newel

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 06-12-2012 10:12 PM

I went to that page and it said "Stop Marijuana Arrests in New York" Its interesting as i heard a couple weeks ago NEW YORK was trying to do the same thing CONNECTICUT has done: MAKE SMALL DOSES OF POT NOT ILLEGIAL! (So you COULD use it to help yourself for example w/o worry of bad things)

They just dont want ppl selling it.......
Last edited by Dude111 on 06-13-2012 03:15 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 06-13-2012 12:43 PM

Dude111 wrote:

They just dont want ppl selling it.......

...or growing it, so how are you supposed to get it?

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 06-13-2012 03:16 PM

Hehe i dont know that bud,maybe they dont wanna know how ya got it??

:confused:

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 06-13-2012 03:19 PM

Dude111 wrote: Hehe i dont know that bud,maybe they dont wanna know how ya got it??

:confused:

yeah but making it legal without making some way to get it legally is just silly. I mean, face the facts, if you are OK with people smoking pot then you have to also be OK with people selling small amounts or growing small amounts. For instance, the system in the netherlands (used to?) work(s) well. It is regulated, there are approved sellers, etc.

There are people who could use pot for various reasons, including health, but do not want to break the law. Grandma with glaucoma doesn't want to go visit the guy on the street corner who carries a gun and also sells crack.

When are we going to stop this ridiculousness with this plant and just let people do what they want.

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 06-13-2012 05:10 PM

Fan, until the monetary reward for law enforcement is taken out of the picture, pot and a lot of other things will always be illegal.

I was listening to a discussion on a public station about this, and one of the people even suggested there is rounds for someone using a mild form of roofies for sleeping disorders, and said it was up to the user to weigh the pros and cons of safety and what you want to ingest and smoke.

I have to say that the argument is pretty compelling. I mean, if you, Fan, want to take something, and it does not harm someone else, physical property, environment, or animals .... what is the harm.

If I wanted to dope or medicate myself for some reason, that should be my business up to the point where I cross the line and inflict pain to someone or something else.

The counter to this argument is, suppose I have a sleep disorder, and I take a roofie. And I then die. Would not my family be hurt and crushed by my death/

The supposition is that by taking the drug, dying, and having them hurt by my loss, this constitutes it being illegal for consumption.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 06-13-2012 05:21 PM

Sure but not one person in history has died from pot use, so we can get rid of that argument. Also, roofies are a sleeping drug, one approved by the PTB (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flunitrazepam), so it would make sense one could use it. You could also just take more of a less strong sleeping pill and have essentially the same effect.

One of the problems is that marijuana has been lumped in with other drugs, which are not in the same class at all. Pot should be classified like caffeine, alcohol, aspirin, etc. Even alcohol is far far more dangerous. There is no illegal drug that should be anywhere near the same classification as pot.

I can rant all night about it, but even these decriminalization attempts I find futile since it still makes most of the necessary steps to getting marijuana illegal, so you are still making people break the law to ingest a harmless plant. Kids then grow up knowing the law is wrong, and since that law is wrong, many others must be as well.

Then in the states you have the issue that the Feds do not agree with States over these laws so even though it is legal you get the DEA breaking in doors and arresting and terrorizing people. For a plant. A plant that helps people.

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 06-14-2012 12:10 AM

Fan wrote: When are we going to stop this ridiculousness with this plant and just let people do what they want.
Ya gotta realise BIG PHARMA knows how good it is as AN ALTERNATIVE MEDICINE and they dont want that.....

THEY WANT TO KEEP FILLING THIER DEEP POCKETS!!

I dont think it will ever be totally in the clear just for this reason!

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 06-14-2012 07:33 AM

Dude111 wrote: Ya gotta realise BIG PHARMA knows how good it is as AN ALTERNATIVE MEDICINE and they dont want that.....

THEY WANT TO KEEP FILLING THIER DEEP POCKETS!!

I dont think it will ever be totally in the clear just for this reason!

It also makes you realize you are a slave. The gov doesn't like that. Drugs that shut down your mind, no problem.

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 06-14-2012 08:54 AM

In this age of developing technologies, where advancements and new tech changes how everyday problems and issues are dealt with daily, we need to review old, dated laws and revise or drop them completely if they are costing more money to enforce than they are solving societal problems. Pot and hemp laws would be among the first to go. Modern law should reflect and befit modern society and only exist if they do more good than harm. Personal liberty should trump all, as long as you are harming no one else.

Remove power, reboot and restore.

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

somewhat related

Post by Dale O Sea » 06-14-2012 10:09 AM

Pure ecstasy can be ‘safe’ for adults; should be regulated and sold in stores: B.C. health officer

Excerpts:
Just like the growing chorus for marijuana legalization, Kendall believes crushing the dirty ecstasy-saturated black market and its associated violence requires an evidence-based strategy that revolves around public health.

“We accept the fact that alcohol, which is inherently dangerous, is a product over a certain age that anybody can access.

“So I don’t think the issue is a technical one of how we would manage that. The issue is a political, perceptual one.”

“Methyl alcohol led to huge rates of morbidity and mortality in the United States under alcohol prohibition because of illicit alcohol manufacturing,” said Dr. Evan Wood, a lead researcher at the B.C. Centre for Excellence in HIV/AIDS and internationally-recognized expert in drug addiction and related policies.

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 06-14-2012 12:02 PM

Yup, most drugs should be legal.

How is it you can buy cigarettes, known to cause all sorts of diseases, and you can't eat mushrooms or smoke pot, both of which are many times safer (taken in moderation, as all things should be).

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 06-14-2012 06:20 PM

Yup thats an interesting point Fan!

Bobbi Snow
Pirate

Post by Bobbi Snow » 06-15-2012 02:30 AM

Los Angeles, the city which has collected hundreds of thousands of dollars in revenue since the State voted to make Medical pot legal, many years ago, is now talking about banning ALL dispensaries, and telling people with legal prescriptions to "grow your own." That would be GREAT, except... then the DEA can come in and take your property if you own it, or threaten your landlord if you're renting or if you're leasing. It removes the City from any responsibility, and tosses it back to the eagerly waiting DEA.

I think that all the States are in such dire straits, financially, they can't afford to attempt to protect legal patients, and since the cities know that the Health Department ID Cards they issue only collect revenue for the Counties, and offer NO PROTECTION from the Feds for the patients, (and now we all know it, too!), no one's buying the County Health ID Cards anymore, so aside from the business permit fees and taxes they collect from the dispensaries (which get raided, every other week) before the DEA (with the aid of the LAPD and police in other states) come in and take all the product, all their cash, destroys all the plants and smashes all the counters and cabinets, and harasses all the unlucky people who happen to be inside those dispensaries at the time of each raid, they figure if they leave it up to the patients - most who are too sick or too old, or don't have a clue how to hydroponically grow it - then it's not any City's problem. If patients get arrested, it's Federal, and the City and State can offer absolutely NO HELP - even though it's been state legal here for over 15 years, and in other states, as well.

As for Salvia? Yes, I used to have two beautiful plants in my front yard. I never thought about using them as a drug; they were growing here as a yard decoration (because they're legal to grow) when we moved in, many years ago. A couple of years ago they just up and disappeared - right out of the ground. They were nearly 8 feet tall, and had beautiful blooms! My weekly gardner noticed they were gone, and asked what we'd done with them. When I told him they were stolen in the dead of night, he snapped his fingers and said, "Damn! My wife used to use some of the leaves I brought home when I trimmed your plants, as a poultice for her skin rashes." Salvia, however, can be bought at almost any tobacco shop in L.A.

I remember a person on this forum, years back (went by Div) used to grow it in Minnesota, or one of those other northern states. And then I think the State banned it - made it an illegal substance.

Yes, Hearst got hemp banned so he could cut timber and sell it for making newspaper. It still makes the best rope. And even though we can buy clothing made from it, and use Hempseed Oil legally, it all has to be imported from Canada, which financially makes no sense. It's far better for the environment than petroleum-based motor oil, and has many fantastic uses. But since the DEA is too dumb to tell the difference between Hemp Plants and Marijuana Plants, they are still both contraband.

Maybe, after the revolution and the dust settles, people will let us alone...
ImageIf you're still breathing, it's not too late!

Return to “Hemp Industry”