Global Consciousness and Peace

Moving toward Type One civilization...

Moderator: Super Moderators

CindyLouWho
Pirate

Post by CindyLouWho » 12-13-2003 11:49 PM

Iris, that article is hilarious!!!

hehe @ "As a general rule, don't solve puzzles that open a portal to Hell. " and "If at any time the house or place you're staying in asks you to get out - Get out! DON'T argue. "

What a scream!!!

mudwoman
Pirate

Post by mudwoman » 12-14-2003 12:11 AM

LisaA wrote: See, here's a point you may debate, but here goes: Even Jesus said he came here to bring a sword.
"My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter."

mudwoman
Pirate

Post by mudwoman » 12-14-2003 12:42 AM

A HALLOWEEN PUBLIC SAFETY SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT!

Well gee Iris, thanks a heap. Now I won't sleep for a week!

ROFLOL!

I read this somewhere but I don't have a link:

FEAR can be fun.

Many young people queue up to ride very fast and scary roller coasters, screaming but enjoying themselves. Other people like to read "goose bumps" books or watch horror movies at night, scared to death but feeling excited.

Why do people like being scared?

Fear is an ancient way of surviving. Being scared makes animals (including humans) flee from danger and save themselves.

Scary movies

It is because of fear that we have lived through millions of years of evolution. Those who lacked a strong fear response were more likely to be killed, leaving the more timid and careful to pass their genes onto the next generation.

How do scientists explain why shivering over such scary things is fun?

Some kids will go to a scary movie and love it and laugh over it, others will feel anxious and hide their faces and some won't even set foot in the cinema," said Ned Kalin, a US scientist. "Which kind of person you are depends partly on experiences you've had and partly on your genes."

What happens in the brain when something frightens you?

Nerves that begin at the eyes and ears lead to a part of the brain called the amygdala. When you suddenly see a snake, for example, the amygdala makes you freeze, perspire, have a quickened heartbeat, or run very fast.

However, seeing the snake also uses another part of the brain, the cortex. It analyzes the situation, and if it finds that the snake is only made of rubber it tells your heart and the rest of your body to calm down. Think of the amygdala as the engine and the cortex as the brake.

Back to the first question: Why do some people like to make themselves scared?

Feeling of power

One reason is that we can play games with fear, find ways to reduce the scariness by looking away or thinking of something else," Kalin said. "To believe we have control over a situation gives us a feeling of power.

"Scary movies or novels are good practice to prepare young people for the real thing. Thrills such as roller coaster rides also go to the brain's pleasure centre.

And there might be some evolutionary advantage to being able to adjust this system that is there to protect people.

:eek: ;)

Aloha
Pirate

Post by Aloha » 12-14-2003 02:17 PM

Always remember that when you hurt someone, whether you are justified or not, you also hurt yourself.......

LisaA
Pirate

Post by LisaA » 12-14-2003 07:10 PM

Absolutely. That's always part of it. When two parties undertake to fight, they have to have courage because it's so risky. They have to keep fighting through injuries. It's part of the code of honor.

This thread, though, is about world peace. I think a peaceful world won't be absent of fighting, but all those in on the fight can agree to why they're fighting, and when the fight should end.

LisaA
Pirate

Post by LisaA » 12-23-2003 11:15 AM

I'm going to convey one of the teachings of Dr. Ann Davies, who led my school, Builders of the Adytum back in the sixties. I have a tape of one of her lectures called Tarot, the Message of Peace which she made in about 1963, and I'll give you a little of it.

If there be conflict in the world, every single one of us have aided, abetted and played our part in it.

Let's analyze what we mean by peace.

Peace is apparently the opposite of conflict. But it isn't exactly that. There are many people who can be at peace in the midst of conflict. Peace in actuality might be said to be the ability and capacity to accept oneself and to see what we are and what everyone else is in terms of relationship.

Our words, the final product of our thoughts, have an effect on the rest of the world. We assume others will understand what we mean.

Our images come from our interpretations of what comes through to us.

The experience a bee has, for example, is entirely different from the experience we have. They see UV light. Flies can see all around them at the same time. Bees and flies have unique interpretations. They don't live in the same universe we do in that sense. Every form experiences the universe within its own limitations.

We ought to learn to understand the orientation of those who we are in conflict with. What makes them laugh and cry and fear? All people's emotions are the same. Their interpretations differ.

We assume others experience the world as we do, and we get upset when they show they don't. We feel insulted as we get the impact of others' response to life which is different from our own and difficult to understand.

We try to destroy each other when others don't express ideas the way we are prepared to recieve them. We haven't digested the notion of the unity of life.

Bees and flies do live in this universe. They just percieve differently than we do.

We would be amazed if we could see the world the exact way another person does. Or the way a bee does.

We have to suffer the repercussions of our affective conflicts until we can tune into what we hold in common, which we express in different modes from other people.

CindyLouWho
Pirate

Post by CindyLouWho » 12-23-2003 11:28 AM

Lisa,

This is an EXCELLENT lesson! I want to mull it over in me head some and will comment later ....... great post!

LisaA
Pirate

Post by LisaA » 12-24-2003 11:03 AM

Thank you! It's amazing that these sources of wisdom have been around, and waiting for people's minds to be ready. Ann Davies died in the late sixties. She was basing her teachings on tarot keys and the Qabalah. People tend to dismiss those things because they're not seen as reliable. But when someone has made a lifelong, scholarly study of them they find the rock solid wisdom. I'm not saying I'm like that. I just do my best at it. Plus, the same wisdom echoes everywhere, in all teachings, once we get past the little human contingencies. There's more to the tape. Maybe I'll do a little more.

BenSlain
Pirate

Post by BenSlain » 01-19-2004 06:28 PM

BRAD!!! DUDE!! How many different threads are ya gonna post this in?????
Put in a prison cell, but one time he could-a been The champion of the world.

LisaA
Pirate

Post by LisaA » 01-20-2004 02:58 PM

Ben who is this Brad dude and does he have ten fingers and a keyboard?

Aries
Pirate

I believe we can do it

Post by Aries » 02-13-2004 01:08 PM

I believe that united we can make it, the problem is how to unite all. For me the only way is through love, love is the epitomy of caring deeply for others and their woes. Time to trust totally in our Higher Power whom truly does love us and is surely in pain what we are doing to planet earth, but is willing to sit back and watch with a loving eye as we continue to kill our brothers and sisters for what? Greed goes to the top for that is what has happened to us, just became too greedy in alll ways. Forgot what it was like to share equally, to help another who is down and out, to learn gracefully from our mistakes, for after all what is a mistake, just a lesson of learning we haven't learned yet, so we continue to make the same mistakes over and over again wondering why we are in the mess we are in. learning our lessons, accepting our mistakes and moving forward to help others - not judging our fellow person for what we judge is usually only something within that we have not corrected yet, time to clean house - letting go of the seven deadly sins - yes we all have them at times, no more please. We are human species who have a job to do, let us do it well, not underhanded but open and loving, thanks.

Devastated
Moderator - Hammock Expert

Post by Devastated » 02-14-2004 07:58 AM

Thank you Aries, and welcome.

Charity and love and everything else begins right at home in one's own noggin.

I wish more people would aspire to meet their needs rather than their wants, and there'd be enough for everyone (theoretically, anyway....) :D

Aries
Pirate

Re: I believe we can do it

Post by Aries » 02-14-2004 07:30 PM

Aries wrote: I believe that united we can make it, the problem is how to unite all. For me the only way is through love, love is the epitomy of caring deeply for others and their woes. Time to trust totally in our Higher Power whom truly does love us and is surely in pain what we are doing to planet earth, but is willing to sit back and watch with a loving eye as we continue to kill our brothers and sisters for what? Greed goes to the top for that is what has happened to us, just became too greedy in alll ways. Forgot what it was like to share equally, to help another who is down and out, to learn gracefully from our mistakes, for after all what is a mistake, just a lesson of learning we haven't learned yet, so we continue to make the same mistakes over and over again wondering why we are in the mess we are in. learning our lessons, accepting our mistakes and moving forward to help others - not judging our fellow person for what we judge is usually only something within that we have not corrected yet, time to clean house - letting go of the seven deadly sins - yes we all have them at times, no more please. We are human species who have a job to do, let us do it well, not underhanded but open and loving, thanks.

Aries
Pirate

Thankyou all

Post by Aries » 02-14-2004 07:55 PM

I really want to thank you all for your input, does put another slant on things. To know that we aren't really alone that there are others that share the same opinion, it is gratifying. I have watched what has been happening in our country for quite a few years, the good, bad and the ugly and today I really know from the bottom of my heart who is the real culprit. Never have met a perfect human yet and kind of think that I won't for I have learned a little about perfection and what it entails and today it is really nothing I need or want. It is kind of sad to look back and see all the mistakes that have been made, in the name of love and or in the name of God, I do believe that in a way we are hipocrits of the worst kind. Promising things we can't produce or no doubt don't want to really, just under the guise of procurring something to enhance our own image. I can remember WWII the atrocities that went on, VieitNam era worse atrocities and now this Iraqi atrocity - and that is only just the so called wars that only kill people and demolish ideals. What about the Corporate profiteers who move to another country to use them in their stupidness to make billions, meanwhile we wonder why we are going down hill? hahaha We produce very little today, our people for the most part have no worthwhile work to do, except the "elite" who run the country. Until we know what we want and are willing to bring our industry home so our people can all go to work it will continue to go downhill into a slum of degradation, that's what I see coming anyway, of course I donn't want it -- changes need to be put into play. Jackie

jeri sexton
Pirate

Post by jeri sexton » 02-15-2004 12:28 AM

Thank you Jackie!

I believe we are all thinking the same way.

It's got to stop' We the people in mass can and will stop this evil empire of greed and more greed...

All we have to do is keep talking to each other here there and everywhere..
Next thing you know we will fix the problems..
Yes we can do this..
YOUR EMAIL BOUCES PLEASE FIX IT or DO NOT subscribe to email notices.

Return to “Awakening of global consciousness”