Look beyond words - Eckhart Tolle

Moving toward Type One civilization...

Moderator: Super Moderators

Linnea

Look beyond words - Eckhart Tolle

Post by Linnea » 04-29-2008 05:47 PM

I don't like the word 'sin'. It implies I am being judged and found guilty.

"... if a word doesn't work for you anymore, then drop it and replace it with one that does work. If you don't like the word sin, then call it unconsciousness or insanity. That may get you closer to the truth, the reality behind the word, than a long-misused word like sin, and leaves little room for guilt."

I don't like those words either. They imply there is something wrong with me. I am being judged.

"Of course there is something wrong with you - and you are not being judged.

I don't mean to offend you personally, but do you not belong to the human race that killed over one hundred million members of its own species in the twentieth century alone?"

You mean guilt by association?

"It is not a question of guilt. But as long as you are run by the egoic mind, you are part of the collective insanity. Perhaps you haven't looked very deeply into the human condition in its state of dominance by the egoic mind. Open your eyes and see the fear, the despair, the greed, and the violence that are all-pervasive. See the heinous cruelty and suffering on an unimaginable scale that humans have inflicted and continue to inflict upon each other as well as other life forms on the planet. You don't need to condemn. Just observe. That is sin. That is insanity. That is unconsciousness. Above all, don't forget to observe your own mind. Seek out the root of the insanity there."

*The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle p110

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 04-29-2008 05:52 PM

I do have the book The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle, by your recommendation, sorry to say I haven't read it, guess it is time.

majda
Pirate

Post by majda » 04-29-2008 05:57 PM

I bought that book a long time ago. It was a good read. Well worth it. :)
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government -- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

Linnea

The Mayan Code

Post by Linnea » 04-29-2008 06:10 PM

..by Barbara Hand Clow. Hmmmm. Am thinking of getting this book. It's on sale at amazon for about 12.00.

I would have to tip toe through many of the esoteric references, and astrological ones, but it may have some value.

Reviews:

Whitley Strieber, author of Communion and The Key : “Barbara Hand Clow has written the definitive book about 2012. This book, quite simply, is the best resource that now exists. A very wise human being has poured her heart, her soul, and her mind into these words. The Mayan Code is a great gift to us all.”

Ariel Spilsbury, coauthor of The Mayan Oracle: Return Path to the Stars : “From now through 2012 we are walking what the Mayas call Xi Balba bih, ‘The Road of Awe.’ Tools that assist us in looking at the vast acceleration and wave of evolution that we are experiencing, through the largest possible soul lens, will be of great assistance during these transformative times. This book is highly recommended for that process.”

Anyone read this? Clow's Pleiadian connection is a bit frightening to me. I guess I could ignore that aspect of it. Not sure.

HB3

Post by HB3 » 04-29-2008 06:22 PM

I still like this guy. Unfortunately, as often happens within the "New Age" community, he's come under increasing attacks over the years in a typical combination of resentment and suspicion. It's like the UFO field that way.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 04-29-2008 06:48 PM

There is a show on Unknowncountry.com in the achieves of an interview with Barbara Hand Clow about her book.......I don't remember offhand if Whit interviewed her or Wm. Henry....

majda
Pirate

Re: The Mayan Code

Post by majda » 04-29-2008 06:48 PM

Linnea wrote:
Anyone read this? Clow's Pleiadian connection is a bit frightening to me. I guess I could ignore that aspect of it. Not sure.

I read it. Was a bit of a hard chew, but I've read other books that don't settle in right away, and they comeback years later and digest great at that point. Don't know why that is. Guess sometimes our brains just aren't ready for certain things... Sitchin's books for example were a hard read, but the information just hit me between the eyes, and I digested it immediately. It was as though every question I'd ever had about this crazy, oft times evil world was answered. Guess that old saying "When the pupil is ready, the teacher will come" is correct... Sometimes it's just not the right teacher.
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government -- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

Return to “Awakening of global consciousness”