What is ((global consciousness))?

Moving toward Type One civilization...

Moderator: Super Moderators

Linnea

What is ((global consciousness))?

Post by Linnea » 04-29-2008 01:51 AM

The awakening of global consciousness is a new and monumental event in human evolution, even though it has been emerging throughout our diverse spiritual traditions through the ages. But this great event in the human drama is not readily apparent because people tend to process reality from their personalized perspectives, worldviews, narratives or cultural lens. Whereas access to global consciousness comes only if and when we are able to stand back and gain critical distance from our particular localized perspectives and enter the more expansive space of a global perspective in the awakening of the global mind.

# One striking pattern and disclosure that is of the utmost importance for seeing that entering the global perspective is a dimensional shift to a higher encounter of a global reality is the realization that there are two contrasting great technologies of minding that have emerged in human evolution: the ego mind conforms to a logic or technology of minding whatever its worldview may be; whereas the integral–holistic or global mind follows a universal pattern and logic whatever its spiritual teaching or vocabulary may be. So there are two great contrasting fields, domains, dimensions of Language, Thought, Speech, Reason, Experience, Meaning....This dimensional shift to the global lens is well beyond a mere "paradigm shift" within egocentric mind. It actually taps a deeper ground of Reality – it is an existential shift.

# Let's experiment and play with some simple notation to mark off the two domains of Language and the two technologies of minding:

The /Egosphere/ is marked off by "/.../" – any word or term, "x" used in the ego voice (ego language dimension) shall now be marked off as "/x/" (like ego quotation marks) to make explicit that it is spoken in the ego domain of language and consciousness: the ego lens.

The ((Logosphere)) is marked off by "((...))" (like logos quotation markers) – any word, "X" spoken by the ((global voice)) in this Integral/Holistic Field of Language or Consciousness is marked off as "((X))" – the ((global lens)).

http://globalspirit.org/pages/mission.php

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 04-29-2008 05:26 PM

If anyone has done any reading at the link above, you may have experienced what I have. It is a much nicer framing to have a word highlighted within these ((hug)) marks - than these /harsher/ ones.

Would be quite a project to 'edit' some of our posts here with these. ;)

majda
Pirate

Post by majda » 04-29-2008 05:31 PM

Linnea wrote: If anyone has done any reading at the link above, you may have experienced what I have. It is a much nicer framing to have a word highlighted within these ((hug)) marks - than these /harsher/ ones.

Would be quite a project to 'edit' some of our posts here with these. ;)

It's subliminal, but it's amazing how such a simple thing actually does make you feel uplifted psychologically. :)
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government -- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 04-29-2008 05:56 PM

((Ha)) Majda. :) I was about to ((invite)) you here in my last comment to you in another thread.

So glad you have ((felt)) this sensation as well.

((majda))

:cool:

Waverider
Pirate

Post by Waverider » 04-30-2008 01:17 PM

Hi Linn' and majda...
Just reading a bit in the link provided, and these few passages rang out to me...
I haven't finished the material as yet, but beginning to chew on it.

"The egocentric (monocentric) mind is a stage in our human development (evolution) which tends to separate and objectify the thinking subject from the objects of thought, and to remain centered in and privileging its particular worldview (religion, ideology, cultural lens) as the exclusive measure of reality (meaning, truth, fact, value, experience, existence). The egocentric mind is broken off from the Integral Field of Reality and packages, constructs, separates, divides, polarizes, fragments all its touches.

Our great global spiritual traditions have noticed that this way of constituting and processing experience and reality (this technology of minding) inherently leads to fragmentation, polarizations, dualisms, irreconcilable splits, alienation which is a primary cause of human and cultural pathologies of all sorts. It divides and fragments the Self in its inner life, it artificially separates off the Integral Self from its world, from Others, from relations to Nature and the Ecology, and sets in motion profound and chronic clashes between worldviews, cultures, religions, identities, perspectives...and is a primary source of degeneration in all aspects of the human situation, at the personal and collective levels. So a global consensus (diagnosis) is that ego minding is a primary cause of the spectrum of human pathologies. And the consensus prescription is that to change this mentality is the single most important factor in transforming the human condition."

This in itself brings me to believe we could be in a hopeless situation forever, unless we as a species begin to control the egocentric mind within each and everyone of us on the planet.

This seems impossible to me, unless genetic manipulation could change the essence of mankind's thinking.
The mind of man is' and that (is'm) makes us all a bit crazy.

I'll read on from the link you kindly provided Linnea...
It's a great and wonderful subject.
One that truly needs to be highlighted.

Waverider
Pirate

Post by Waverider » 04-30-2008 02:44 PM

/ Oh, this is all about more grammatical homework/
((forget it)) ;)

Think I'll go play in the breeze today. It's quite windy out of doors.
The trees are learning a new ((dance.))
:D

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 04-30-2008 03:03 PM

((Jeri)) :)

Think I'll go ((play)) in the breeze ((today)). It's quite windy out of doors.
The trees are ((learning)) a new ((dance.))

Me ((too))

I think this is what ((Whitley Strieber)) has been doing lately with his ((discussion about portals)).
;)

majda
Pirate

Post by majda » 04-30-2008 03:06 PM

Linnea wrote: ((Jeri)) :)

Think I'll go ((play)) in the breeze ((today)). It's quite windy out of doors.
The trees are ((learning)) a new ((dance.))

Me ((too))

I think this is what ((Whitley Strieber)) has been doing lately with his ((discussion about portals)).
;)

Wow! Just reading the above made my brain feel like it was in an alternate Universe! This is amazing stuff.
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government -- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 04-30-2008 03:11 PM

BTW, Jeri. You really brought forth the ((essence)) of the ((global mind)) with your quoted section above.

The ((heart)) of the mind.

Have you been ((dancing)) all along.

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 04-30-2008 03:17 PM

((majda)) :)

It really ((is)) ((amazing)).

Glad some of us here are getting involved in this.

:cool:

vigo
Chief Swabbie

Post by vigo » 04-30-2008 05:30 PM

I am still reading and absorbing. I find it interesting that the Co–Convenor, Dr. Ashok Gangadean, and the Executive committee addressed "America" by name and specify specific target ((solutions)) while leaving out other nations of interest. Why do you think they(?) did this? I thought this was a ((Global Consciousness)) project. Believe me when I say that I agree with much of what I've read. Especially with the ((need)) for /individuals/ to ((look beyond)) their /ego beliefs/ to find ((common global solutions)) to our /selfish destructive national behaviors/. Maybe it's my need to hang on to /self/ or /nationalism/ that raises a red flag about the /motives of a group/ that focuses on /my country/ when the author(s) /generalizes about other countries/ that contribute (have contributed) to the ((global)) break down of ((civility)). Maybe I need to reread it a few times. :p I tell ya, all these (()) and // are just like a new language. <sigh>.

In my opinion it has some elements that can hold promise for ((global building blocks)) to help move us forward toward the step in our ((societal evolution)). In some ways it seems set up like a /belief system/ though and would require a /leap of faith/ for some perhaps. ;)

If I am to be ((honest)), I find that there are some thoughts in this document that give meaning to my mental wanderings these past few years. This forum has been a place that has helped me to ((look beyond)) my /belief systems/ to a more ((global)) or outside the box way of ((seeing)) things.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I will continue to chew on it and ((meditate on its values)). :cool:

Additionally I like the concept of /ego lenses/ and ((global lenses)). Kind of like changing oculars on a telescope or micro scope. It is all about /perception/ and getting out of the way of /self/ isn't it?
Last edited by vigo on 04-30-2008 05:48 PM, edited 1 time in total.
Well, better late than never, I suppose... Joe Quinn. ;)

ibme
Pirate

Post by ibme » 04-30-2008 06:19 PM

Does "hive-mind" work ?

Waverider
Pirate

Post by Waverider » 04-30-2008 09:57 PM

It's all in the sorting out...
A lil' "(( here))" and a lil' /there?/

;)

Think I'll go back by...
http://globalspirit.org/pages/mission.php

I like this. It's reminds me of astrology; All points out and back again weaving the web from where we dwell, sorta.

"We are now in a better position to explore some striking features of the ((Logosphere: Unified Field)): In this ((Primal Source)) of all worldviews, all things are found to be ((boundlessly interwoven)) in dynamic relations. This ((holistic unified field)) has been presented in diverse ways through the ages, and one classical metaphor for this in certain meditative traditions is ((Indra¹s Web)) – the Infinite Field in which every point ((touches and communes)) with every other ((point)). Imagine the implications of a ((culture)) living in this deep dynamic of Reality itself. And yet this is what our diverse spiritual traditions have been calling for across millennia. Such ((global spirituality)) is a direct expression of this ((global cosmology)). These dynamics of the ((Logosphere)) preside at the heart and core of all worldviews. And, again, these ((dynamics)) of holistic and integral inter–relationality is the ((energy)) that ((models)) and drives any higher order ((organization)). "

((Did you say,' I've got a lot to learn'?))

:)
Last edited by Waverider on 04-30-2008 10:42 PM, edited 1 time in total.

megman
Parrothead

Post by megman » 04-30-2008 10:14 PM

Group hug???
Still an Original Pirate since Aug 2000
Wanna ride the Zamboni?

Waverider
Pirate

Post by Waverider » 04-30-2008 10:44 PM

:D
HI'
Megaman, opps' ;)