7/7/07 Live Earth Concert

Moving toward Type One civilization...

Moderator: Super Moderators

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 07-08-2007 08:20 PM

And yes, it hit me just as hard the second time I watched it, too. Just wow...
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 07-08-2007 08:49 PM

Excerpt from a rant by Nance Greggs: Can You Hear Us NOW?:
There was one vision that lingered in my mind today, as I watched the footage of millions upon millions of people from every corner of the globe. It was the image of all of the corrupt politicians, the media enablers, the neo-cons, the greedy corporate CEOs, the polluters, the liars, the obfuscators of justice, the war-mongerers, the torturers, the religious leaders who betray God for the promise of money and power, the deniers of freedom, the promoters of hate -- and as I envisioned them all together in one group, I realized how small their numbers are in comparison to those of us who despise everything they stand for.

Today we have seen the New World Order, and it is peopled by those who say, loudly and in one voice: If my brother is enslaved, I cannot be truly free. If my neighbor is hungry, I cannot be truly nourished. If my countryman must go without, what I have is meaningless. If my global sister is denied her rights, my rights have also been denied. If my global brother is being tortured, I will never be free of suffering. If the lives of those around me are not of a value equal to mine, than I am of no value at all.

Today has been a great day, an historic day; a day whose music will linger, whose light of truthfulness will illuminate, whose magic will inspire, and whose message will not be forgotten.
We must work to make it so...
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Ultram
Pirate

Post by Ultram » 07-09-2007 07:21 AM

Did you measure your environmental impact?

Has anyone measured the worldwide environmental impact of this concert? The energy used? The private jets? The garbage produced? :confused:

SETIsLady
Pirate

Live Earth: The Movement for a Climate in Crisis

Post by SETIsLady » 07-09-2007 07:33 AM

Got this today in an email.

Friends of Live Earth" events and house parties in 195 countries. Millions of people watched or heard the event online, on TV, or on the radio. Millions pledged to change their own actions and hold our leadership accountable.

You're part of an incredible worldwide movement - the moment when the world came together to demand solutions to the climate crisis. You can help us spread the word - please forward this email to five of your friends and ask them to sign onto the Live Earth Pledge at:

http://www.liveearthpledge.org

Together we will solve the climate crisis.

A Global Campaign

The Live Earth concerts are the start of a worldwide campaign to solve the climate crisis. Our partners The Alliance for Climate Protection, I Count, The Climate Group, and Avaaz (as well as WWF Australia and Climate Action Partnership in South Africa) will be working together to make sure we all live up to our commitments - in our personal lives and globally. You'll hear more soon from these partners and from Live Earth about what we all can do to keep spreading the Live Earth message.

Look for a special message later this week from Vice President Gore - and thanks again for helping to make Live Earth a historic event.

Corvid
Anchors Aweigh

Post by Corvid » 07-09-2007 10:10 AM

Ultram wrote: Has anyone measured the worldwide environmental impact of this concert? The energy used? The private jets? The garbage produced? :confused:

Nobody but you and the ass licking reichwing "media" pundits and other neocon whores.

Please tell all of us now just what might be the environmental impact, jet aircraft usage and garbage (remember that depleted uranium lasts 4 billion years) this god damn ILLEGAL WAR is producing.

Come on.... show just how smart you are. This is an "open book test" and of course you may consult with your freeper masters for talking points.

Corvid
Anchors Aweigh

Post by Corvid » 07-09-2007 12:53 PM

Hell, just the clean up of BLOOD is a daunting task. Let's see..... 500,000 DEAD (conservative figure) times eight quarts for each victim (a bit less for CHILDREN) divided by 4 equals ONE F*CKING MILLION GALLONS.

And that is just the BLOOD .

This does NOT cover guts and brain matter and sh!t blown out of the innocent.

Some where dick cheney is getting an erection.

But this thread is about MUSIC and the awakening.

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 07-09-2007 01:29 PM

Corvid wrote: But this thread is about MUSIC and the awakening.

Thanks, Corvid.

You know, it's really sad how the ability to use critical thinking and reason has fallen to the wayside, isn't it? :(

If we consider the cumulative effect as a WHOLE (you know, the WHOLE, BIG picture as opposed to the small, narrow view), it's obvious that the environmental impact is going to be low. If we think about the fact that about ONE-THIRD of the entire population of the Earth was listening to the message; when we consider that records were broken, and continue to be broken, with about 10 million people tuning in the concerts online at MSN on Saturday alone; when we factor in little things like how, last night, Amazon was reporting that their TOP selling DVD was a BBC series called "Planet Earth;" when we consider that consciousness was raised in some MUCH-needed places, like China, or even Australia (whose carbon footprint is actually the largest in the world); when we take all of these things and compare them, it is not difficult to realize that the overall effect is going to be a positive, and long overdue, one. If each of the two billion people who listened to the message of Live Earth changes just ONE thing in their lives to help, the effort will not be lost, and the effect will undoubtedly be a positive one. Or perhaps it might be easier to think of it as actually a negative impact, meaning that the overall environmental impact is going to be LESS than if it had never happened.

And that's the idea, the spirit, behind the Live Earth concerts. It was not to raise money like previous concerts like Live Aid or Farm Aid, but was solely intended to raise consciousness, to teach, to inform, to effect change through positive action.

The point was NOT that we have to stop having concerts, or driving cars, or using electronic equipment, and so on, but that if we, meaning each one of us, just start to THINK (yes, use those critical thinking skills that are languishing, resurrect them!) and make small CHANGES in the way we live and interact with the world, we CAN and WILL help to stem the tide of global climate change, and TOGETHER we CAN and WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Last edited by Joolz on 07-09-2007 03:34 PM, edited 1 time in total.
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Divinorumus
Pirate

Post by Divinorumus » 07-09-2007 04:20 PM

There's no point in conservation when you're either gonna get whacked by an asteroid or dumped on by a super volcano or scary glowi n the dark ice age snow clouds or done in by them craze superstitious religious end-time beholders or attacked by some tiny little mighty bug or illegal hungry space-time traveling invaders!

Screw this green idea, lets party down and trash this planet like there's gonna be no freaking tomorrow! Seriously, you're all doomed, so what's the point in any of these save the planet shenanigans, hum? It's already too late to turn things around anyhow, and any attempt to delay the inevitable will only prolong your misery.

So come on, what do you say, hum? Just do what comes natural for humans, and take full advantage of what ever the hell you can before the party is over. Think of it like this: If you're already going to hell for breaking one of the ten commandments, you might as well go ahead and darn well break them all while you still have the chance and can. Smart, huh?

Seriously, don't do something rash and foolish like those people who give up smoking so they can live an extra 5 years . . . only to die in an auto accident a week after quitting. Live smart, as if today is the last day of the life of planet earth and you! ;)

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 07-09-2007 04:46 PM

Hey, Div - are you an ambassador from the pLANET OF THE aPES?!!!?
:eek:

Divinorumus
Pirate

Post by Divinorumus » 07-09-2007 11:23 PM

Seriously, there can be only one logical reason why capitalism and industrialism and pollutionizm and extinctionizm trumps caring for and saving the plant and changing the way we all live. Think about this for a moment. If you were leader of the world and YOU knew of some imminent great natural calamity that is going to damn near wipe out almost all life upon Earth and drastically change the face of this planet, would you want to make that pointless "green" sacrifice? There can only be one reason why none of this really matters, and THEY know what that is. And now so do you.

Janus232
Ship's Shaman

Post by Janus232 » 07-10-2007 12:24 AM

Take time to trust Gaia and you may discover that life is a universal property, that we... like all minded life on all worlds, known and unknown is primary.... Life on Earth is 4,000,000,000 years old... so when you grok that most stars gutter out after 500,000,000 years... then life is not some "Johnny come lately" phenomena... but rather the main event... Consider the galactic core home of a 100,000,000 stars and the wellspring of the DNA code ejectulated to seed the outer spiral limbs... Life is a process... a process that requires, for us at least... a planet.. It is Gaia's planet and we are her children.. look into your heart and she will speak to you... listen and act....

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 07-10-2007 01:35 AM

Janus232 wrote: Take time to trust Gaia and you may discover that life is a universal property, that we... like all minded life on all worlds, known and unknown is primary.... Life on Earth is 4,000,000,000 years old... so when you grok that most stars gutter out after 500,000,000 years... then life is not some "Johnny come lately" phenomena... but rather the main event... Consider the galactic core home of a 100,000,000 stars and the wellspring of the DNA code ejectulated to seed the outer spiral limbs... Life is a process... a process that requires, for us at least... a planet.. It is Gaia's planet and we are her children.. look into your heart and she will speak to you... listen and act....

Such lovely images you've conjured with your words, Janus. Well-said. And thank you.
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Janus232
Ship's Shaman

Post by Janus232 » 07-11-2007 01:49 AM

.. ... ..

Return to “Awakening of global consciousness”