"Planet Earth" set to follow up "The Blue Pla

Moving toward Type One civilization...

Moderator: Super Moderators

Divinorumus
Pirate

"Planet Earth" set to follow up "The Blue Pla

Post by Divinorumus » 03-18-2007 09:27 PM

I don't watch television, but for those that do ...

'Planet' producer set to unveil 'Earth'
Published: March 18, 2007 at 5:59 PM
NEW YORK, March 18 (UPI) -- Producer Alastair Fothergill is set to follow up his documentary "The Blue Planet" with the TV series "Planet Earth," set to make its U.S. debut next weekend.

The longtime BBC producer began working on "Earth" shortly after completing work on his hit 2001 TV special and now its 11 parts will begin showing on the Discovery Channel starting next Sunday, The New York Times said.

The scientific documentary was shown in Britain last summer.

Fothergill said he was inspired to work on "Planet Earth" after hearing such positive responses to his filmed exploration of Earth's oceans.

"'Blue Planet' was very successful internationally, and when that series did as well as it did, the feedback I got was very, very clear," he said. "People enjoyed three things: its epic scale; the fact that they were seeing a lot of animals they had never seen before, particularly in the open and the deep ocean; and they really enjoyed its cinematic style."

He told the Times that his new special, produced by both Discovery and the BBC, follows a similar style as he reveals the secrets of our planet's other regions.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 03-18-2007 09:38 PM

Thanks for the heads up Div, I will be watching.

Return to “Awakening of global consciousness”