Ramblings cont.

Moving toward Type One civilization...

Moderator: Super Moderators

Patric
Pirate

Ramblings cont.

Post by Patric » 03-31-2005 09:22 PM

We tend to not fully appreciate life until we're actively dying.

The song by Tim McGraw called "Live Like You Were Dying" transcended the country chart and became a mainstream hit.

It's a paean to consciousness.

It's a paean to being conscious.

How wonderful is that?

It is proof that more and more people are becoming self-aware.

It gives me goosebumps.

Patric
Pirate

Post by Patric » 04-01-2005 08:45 PM

Cannabis seems to unmask the filters that we use on our senses. For instance -- hearing. Listen to the sounds in the room you're in...then listen deeper. You will notice the sounds that you have been consciously filtering out. Cannabis makes this astonishingly clear. Your 'normal' hearing is dictating which sounds get heard and which ones get filtered out. Cannabis allows you to, at least temporarily, drop the filter from your ears and hear the actual sounds taking place.

That is why marijuana users have always paid more attention--more fervent attention, really--to music. They can hear all the sounds at once, free of the limitations imposed by the filter.

We have shown that there is unmistakably a filter.

So....

...the next big thing to ponder is: What other senses have filters too?
Last edited by Patric on 04-01-2005 09:03 PM, edited 1 time in total.

SvladCjelli

Post by SvladCjelli » 04-05-2005 02:18 PM

I have been convincingly shown that the visual filters can be partially lifted by extremely strong hallucinogens...
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean someone isn't following you...

Alien_UK
Pirate

Post by Alien_UK » 04-05-2005 02:42 PM

drugs make you see clear i think not! Just take some time out from the rat race then you will see clearly without the aid of drugs;)

Patric
Pirate

Post by Patric » 04-14-2005 08:08 PM

Drugs like marihuana don't make you think clearly as much as they remind you that clear thought is possible. You are reminded how conscious you are, too. So when you are in your normal state of mind, and not taking a hallucinogen, you can recall that previous altered-state of consciousness and remember those significant insights you had.

It has a "carry-over" effect so that you can still feel positive without necessarily being high.

In the case of hallucinogens especially.

I can't speak for all drugs.

But remember, comparing hallucinogens to other drugs is like comparing apples to oranges. They aren't even in the same pharmacological league.

Alien_UK wrote: drugs make you see clear i think not! Just take some time out from the rat race then you will see clearly without the aid of drugs;)

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 04-18-2005 11:47 PM

Great thread. I'm moving it up into the Blue Planet/New Conciousness. Doesn't really relate to the hemp industry. Please continue the thread there....

SvladCjelli

Post by SvladCjelli » 04-22-2005 01:47 PM

But remember, comparing hallucinogens to other drugs is like comparing apples to oranges. They aren't even in the same pharmacological league.
I agree.. this class of drugs can be extremely helpful in lifting whatever veil you may have erected over reality. Reality is NOT something that is perceived by all people the same, and yes, hallucinogens will make you think more clearly, they force you to reevaluate and critically evaluate your surroundings, your psyche and your spiritual relationships.

Marijuana is not necessarily in this class of drugs, although it can have some similar effects on a low-level basis.
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean someone isn't following you...

Patric
Pirate

Goo and You

Post by Patric » 04-28-2005 07:29 PM

Since everyone turns to goo someday, physical attractiveness seems awfully overrated. The super-model's goo will resemble the hunchback's goo, after all, and the phyiscal body will become ridiculous at that point.
Inner beauty is what matters...
Your legacy has nothing to do with looks.
Looks are meant to fade. Love is meant to grow.

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 05-01-2005 03:10 PM

Heh, I'm turning to goo as you read this! ;)

sayntbrigid
Pirate

Re: Goo and You

Post by sayntbrigid » 05-05-2005 03:30 PM

Patric wrote: Since everyone turns to goo someday, physical attractiveness seems awfully overrated. The super-model's goo will resemble the hunchback's goo, after all, and the phyiscal body will become ridiculous at that point.
Inner beauty is what matters...
Your legacy has nothing to do with looks.
Looks are meant to fade. Love is meant to grow.

Patric for President!
I couldnt have said it better myself. Apearances are the main diversion, and it seems to have turned into an art, both of a sprirtual and a political nature.

Patric
Pirate

Post by Patric » 05-06-2005 07:20 PM

I think we incarnate as different types, depending on our needs. A person may incarnate as an Adonis this lifetime because he spent several lifetimes being ugly; or someone could choose to be ugly because he knows it will make him more empathetic.
Empathy is the key to everything. (It's why we're here.)
Our growth is determined by our empathy.

Gossip, in all its forms, is the opposite of empathy. It creates contempt. That's why all the avatars specifically warned against it. Gossip can handicap your progress. It can also handicap other people's progress because of its tendency to spread out exponentially.

Duck when you see gossip.
Last edited by Patric on 05-06-2005 07:32 PM, edited 1 time in total.

sayntbrigid
Pirate

Post by sayntbrigid » 05-07-2005 05:19 AM

Patrick, when I see gossip, I dive for the deeps. LOL Not kidding either, but somewhere in all of this we still have to find empathy for the gossiper, it can become confusing you must admit. People are still worried about how they are going to do their hair and what clothes they should wear. We have to have empathy for them too. In my life, I am trying to practice what you are talking about......and for me its not easy, because it means I have to learn to have empathy, even where I see none most of the time. To me, that is the most difficult part of empathy, and I agree with you, that it is the ultimate solution, and the ultimate goal.
I like how you think :)

Patric
Pirate

Relax...

Post by Patric » 05-07-2005 09:30 PM

...to this mix of music I made:

Enchantment.mp3

Return to “Awakening of global consciousness”