Messages from the Elders

Moving toward Type One civilization...

Moderator: Super Moderators

Joolz
Pirate

Messages from the Elders

Post by Joolz » 01-14-2005 06:52 AM

I just now ran across a few messages from tribal elders native to this land and thought some here might appreciate my sharing them. If anyone knows of other messages from the elders (of any culture), please post them. (Thanks) Here's the first one:

Message from the Hopi Elders

Cherokee elder Will Rockingbear visited a group of people at Whistling Women in Winston-Salem, N.C. in May, 2002. He had been to see the Hopi elders and asked them, "Do you have a message for me to take to the people?" And this is what they told him.

You have been telling the people that this is the Eleventh Hour.

Now you must tell the people that this is the Hour. And there are things to be considered:

Where are you living? What are you doing?

What are your relationships? Are you in right relation?

Do the children want what they see in you?

Where is your water? Know your garden.

Does your life grow corn?

It is time to speak your Truth. Create your community.

Be good to each other. And do not look outside yourself for the leader.

This could be a good time!

There is a river flowing now very fast.

It is so great and swift that there are those who will be afraid. They will try to hold on to the shore. They will feel they are being torn apart, and they will suffer greatly.

Know the river has its destination.

The elders say we must let go of the shore, push off into the middle of the river, keep our eyes open and our heads above the water.

See who is in there with you and celebrate.

At this time in history, we are to take nothing personally. Least of all, ourselves. For the moment that we do, our spiritual growth and journey comes to a halt.

The time of the lone wolf is over. Gather yourselves!

Banish the word struggle from your attitude and vocabulary.

All that we do now must be done in a sacred manner and in celebration.

We are the ones we've been waiting for.

The Elders,
Oraibi, Arizona,
Hopi Nation

http://www.sheridanhill.com/will-rockingbear.html
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 01-14-2005 06:59 AM

URGENT CALL FROM THE MAYAN ELDERS OF GUATEMALA, 1/10/2005

Through the ancient techniques of divination and tools of prophecy, the Mayan elders are calling forth to humanity at THIS TIME to pay closer attention to the messages being sent forth by the mother earth and to immediately take the actions they have been calling for, to unite in an effort to bring balance again upon our planet. The recent destruction that manifested in Indonesia is predicted to now occur rapidly upon five continents of the earth. This message is not meant to induce fear, to the contrary, it is a call for bravery and for action. The elders are concerned about what has been presented in their recent divinations and they call to all humanity to warn their leaders and to work very hard at a spiritual level to prevent the impending destruction. This message, verified and brought forth by various Mayan elders in Guatemala, is for all of humanity. The hurricanes in the US and the earthquake and tsunami in Indonesia have been warnings and we must now pay attention or the possibilities of floods in Europe, Los Angeles, earthquakes and other efforts of the mother earth to awaken us will manifest quickly.

There is a specific call for people around the world to join in prayer, meditation or whatever method of spirituality one engages in to unite on January 18th at the time of their local sunset (approx 6:00PM). This date is B'elejeb(9) Keme according to the sacred Mayan Cholq’ij calendar and has the potential for protecting humanity from disaster.

There will be many major ceremonies in the Mayan communities for this purpose. An open invitation is extended to humanity that wish to join the Mayan people for the Waxa’qib B’atz’ ceremonies on February 12th in Guatemala.

Again, this is a strong message, not meant to drive us to react in fear, for this will only negatively impact the level of destruction and our own circumstance. This is the opportunity for humanity to rise to the occasion and come together along the strong lines that unite us and overcome the obstacles that divide us. Please distribute this message widely.

Message issued by Mayan elders in Guatemala and delivered via:
Carlos Barrios, Mayan Ajq’ij, Antigua, Guatemala
Adam Rubel, Co-Director, Saq’ Be’: Organization for Mayan and Indigenous Spiritual Studies

http://www.sacredroad.org/
Image Anchors Aweigh!

daboodaddy
Pirate

Post by daboodaddy » 01-14-2005 09:32 AM

There is a specific call for people around the world to join in prayer, meditation or whatever method of spirituality one engages in to unite on January 18th at the time of their local sunset (approx 6:00PM). This date is B'elejeb(9) Keme according to the sacred Mayan Cholq?ij calendar and has the potential for protecting humanity from disaster.

As many of us as possible should join in and do this,just like doing a "mindblast" when one of the Forum members is sick or troubled; just like we all did when it was time to petition Sen. Boxer.
It will only help. :)
Question EVERYTHING, even your OWN thoughts.
A "Daboodaddyism"

Bellisima
Pirate

Post by Bellisima » 01-14-2005 11:21 AM

I will join you with a hopeful heart.

fabzilla
Pirate

Post by fabzilla » 01-14-2005 12:25 PM

:D
Ah drrr drrr drrr

Waverider
Pirate

Post by Waverider » 01-14-2005 02:33 PM

Thank you Joolz'
I will also join in' and yes with a hopeful heart Bellisima'

Many Thanks' for extending a helping hand.

Many hearts and minds can turn the tide away from darkness and the gloom...
Mother Earth says to her children, grow up and take back the responsibility of being good stewards.
We can do that.

Wisdom and understaning will abound once more in the hearts and minds of her children.
Yes'

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 01-15-2005 01:53 AM

The 18th at sundown I will light a candle as I watch the sun set and meditate and pray for peace and calm for the world.

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 01-18-2005 11:53 AM

Remember everyone, today is the 18th. If you feel inclined, meditate, pray, send out peace and healing calm, into the universe AT sundown on this day the 18th of January. See Joolz post above for explanation.

swimmbadd
Pirate

Post by swimmbadd » 01-18-2005 12:47 PM

:D

YES! With a hopeful heart because we need hope.

Keep hope alive ;)
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!

Waverider
Pirate

Post by Waverider » 01-18-2005 04:41 PM

Yep' and thanks for the reminder..
Today is the day at sunset'

daboodaddy
Pirate

Post by daboodaddy » 01-18-2005 05:10 PM

At sunset. :)
Question EVERYTHING, even your OWN thoughts.
A "Daboodaddyism"

swimmbadd
Pirate

Post by swimmbadd » 01-18-2005 05:55 PM

amen.

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 01-18-2005 07:46 PM

It's 4:45 here in CA and on Yahoo weather for my area the sun sets at 5:10pm.

We can make a difference...I've got a candle ready and will go outside at sunset.

Laird
Pirate

Post by Laird » 01-18-2005 07:58 PM

the arc is in full swing ... continued growth
"Speak softly and carry a big stick" Teddy Roosevelt

cherry
Pirate

Post by cherry » 01-18-2005 08:35 PM

One night on Coast to Coast I remember Art interviewing
a Hopi (?) elder who was distraught because their spirits
are leaving this world. The elder said this is prophetic
of end times.