The key to manifestation

General religion and metaphysics topics

Moderator: Super Moderators

LisaA
Pirate

The key to manifestation

Post by LisaA » 07-02-2002 10:24 AM

Sometimes human desires look like wild beasts that need to be controlled.

In a way, that's true. Primative humanity has instincts that program us to conserve what we have because there's not enough, and to protect our own territory. So it's natural that greed and other emotions are something we constantly do battle with.

As we evolve we come to create higher images, paradigms and models of what is possible. We learn to share because sharing will ensure mutual cooperation. It's difficult to get to the place where sharing comes naturally. We can't be forced to share but when we catch the vision, it becomes more natural.

The higher images are impossible to live up to...

That is, until we align our desires with the better images. The desire nature holds the key to manifestation.

"Why do we do the things that we do, when we know what we know?" Lots of us Mormons used to beat ourselves up with that.

To apply it to say, a weight problem, it's like this: I know that these donuts are going to contribute to my increased obesity. I know I want to be thin. However, this feeling of comfort and enjoyment of this bread and fat and sugar are my main factors. I manifest my fatness by valuing the feeling over the notion of thinness.

When I change my feelings, I change my life.
I get the vision of thinness. I get a great rush of appreciation of my own bones and muscles and the better feeling of my feet and knees not aching. Next time I see donuts, I ask myself if I can live without them. And if I can't I eat less, but if I can, I pass them up and I get a renewed sense of love for myself. Not narcissism, necessarily, (maybe) but also an appreciation for more things in this life.

I think churches are so great because they tap into the manifestational power of the desire nature, ruled by venus and centered in the middle of the body. They show a model offered by their religious teachers such as Jesus or Buddha or Mohammed, of doing better things in this life. They make people want better. When functioning correctly, churches do great things for their adherents.

Of course, the desire nature, carried to the extreme, lacks discrimination. The desire nature is feminine, in that it projects emotionally. It needs temperance to keep it on the subject at hand.

What if Jesus hadn't been crucified? What would be the result of Him going on living and teaching? Would He have converted the world to a much more humane foundation for justice and peace, or would He have spun out and made himself a guru and created a short-lived, self-destructive machine? But I'm getting away from what I wanted to say:

How would you build a life of shaping your desires to match a higher vision?

turtle101
Ship's Bartender

Post by turtle101 » 07-02-2002 06:44 PM

lisa "man" has NO INSTINCTS
Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

turtle101
Ship's Bartender

Post by turtle101 » 07-02-2002 06:44 PM

lisa "man" has NO INSTINCTS
Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

LisaA
Pirate

Post by LisaA » 07-02-2002 07:35 PM

Wow--I never considered that man might not have instincts. I'll toss that one around. I kinda think we do because we're half animal, but I'm going to imagine it as us not having them.

No, wait. Human infants have the rooting instinct, as just one example of human instinct...but I'm not rejecting your notion.

An atheist would have the same power as a theist to manifest anything they could focus their desires upon. I think it could be true that atheists are right, but I just happen to put faith in a God or consciousness. Do this make sense?

Atheists would have the same archetypical images as all of us. Right? They don't have to include God. (scratching head.)

LisaA
Pirate

Post by LisaA » 07-03-2002 09:49 AM

Another example of human instinct is to protect your children. But you know, Turtle made a point. Instinct can be overridden fairly easily.

Poptart8
Pirate

Post by Poptart8 » 07-03-2002 06:32 PM

When the birth of a child or most species enters this world they are greeted by another. They are caressed with a sense of love and security yet when you die ... most often you're alone. That's not a normal instinct. This issue has been addressed by Dannion through his tireless work in Hospice care, he understands the soul graces of life.

Somewhere between the physical, emotional, and mental processes you'll find the cellular memory of the unconditional non judgement energies in the every lasting soul.

I've witness the death of a duck crawling into the arms of my mother to be held and caressed as he died.

So don't ever tell me we aren't all connected through one divine power of love.
We can sympathize with a child who is afraid of the dark, but the real tragedy of life is that most people are afraid of the light.

turtle101
Ship's Bartender

Post by turtle101 » 07-08-2002 07:00 AM

PERHAPES its all in the definition of INSTINCT..............not to be cofused with reflex,needs and drives.. like (hunger and thirst which couse us to act),,,,,,,,,,,,instinct is a 'COMPLEX" INVOUNTARY BEHAVIOUR THAT IS UN LEARNED and is sicific to 'ALL' members of a species (like turtles swimming long distance to a particular spot to reproduce (turtles good example hey),,,,,,,,,,Behavior is considered instinctive only if it occurs in the same form in all members of a species. Instincts must be unlearned and characteristic of a specific species,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the key words here are ALL members

Return to “Religion/Metaphysics”