If someone asked you to sing a song right now,what would you

The Brig, for everything else. Pirates-at-large. Free booze.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 02-27-2014 05:35 AM

If you had no choice but to sing something,what song would you sing?

I would sing the one song i couldnt forget........MY ABCs :D :D

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 02-27-2014 09:37 AM

Would you believe "The Ballad of Jed Clampett"?

True Story: I actually did that in parochial grade school. As it was the music teacher was upset with continuing inattentiveness and misbehavior by some kids right from the get-go that day, so before all too long he cut his lesson plan short and had the entire class come up to the front of the room one-at-a-time to belt out a solo of their choice.

Thing is? He put no restriction on subject matter or music genre, something which I took great note of even as it became clear my classmates hadn't. While others desperately skimmed the hymnal in search of something they might manage to warble their way through absent much embarrassment, I was combing my contrarian mind for something completely different (and far more entertaining)!

Settling on the Clampett ballad in the time I had, quietly and inconspicuously when my moment came I went up front and did the deed.

Briefly stymied by the sudden discontinuity with the selections thus far, soon the class and instructor saw the absurdity of the entire situation! Before or since, never have I had an audience of any size convulsing in such loud and sustained rolling on the floor laughter.

Beyond kudos from classmates, afterward teacher gave me an A- for effort. Where I'd come up short of perfection: While clever and funny? My choice wasn't exactly apropos, he said with a smile and a wink.

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 02-27-2014 06:11 PM

Streisand's "People". (just kidding)
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Lore
Pirate

Post by Lore » 02-27-2014 06:38 PM

My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dionne.

It will be an absolutely horrible rendition because I can't sing.

Once sung it can't be unsung. Nobody should ever have to live with that type of memory. So please protect your ears and your mental health and don't ask. :D :D
Last edited by Lore on 02-27-2014 06:44 PM, edited 1 time in total.

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 02-27-2014 07:57 PM

Spinners "It's a Shame"
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

BenSlain
Pirate

Post by BenSlain » 02-28-2014 12:55 AM

So is the question what song popped in your head the instant I saw your question?

It's time....by Imagine Dragons.

Probably the last thing I heard. That's usual what happens when people ask what's the last song you heard. :D
Put in a prison cell, but one time he could-a been The champion of the world.

Return to “The Brig”