Shirleypal Has Passed

The Brig, for everything else. Pirates-at-large. Free booze.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 01-24-2013 01:00 PM

Diogenes wrote: Oh yeah the hammering was/is consistent and who needs it.

:boxer:
Who needs it? Seems like plenty of folks have asked and answered THAT question for themselves!

As it is, things are awful quiet these days over at The Deuce... Hammering's no fun without anyone to hammer on. Not to say no one there is ready to pounce at a moment's notice -

Rombaldi must miss the old days, eh?

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 01-24-2013 01:16 PM

Yes you are correct - when folks like KBOT leave and others simply refuse to feed it by posting anything, then all they have is each other - well that's no fun.
A man's character is his fate

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 01-24-2013 03:11 PM

Diogenes wrote: Yes you are correct - when folks like KBOT leave and others simply refuse to feed it by posting anything, then all they have is each other - well that's no fun.

Yeah, I guess I must've made an easy target for Rom........ He must be close to self-combusting right about now.....

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 01-24-2013 04:15 PM

You are much more appreciated here;)

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 01-24-2013 04:55 PM

kbot wrote: Yeah, I guess I must've made an easy target for Rom........ He must be close to self-combusting right about now.....
He could ad hominem attack with the best of them.
[size=0]"Question everything, especially your media and their motives. -Me[/size]

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 01-24-2013 08:22 PM

Dale O Sea wrote: He could ad hominem attack with the best of them.

Excellent choice of words - POLLY ::p ::p ::p

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 01-25-2013 06:30 AM

For a while there I thought I was going crazy....... It was like you couldn't even voice an opinion or present facts without being personally attacked.

BenSlain
Pirate

Post by BenSlain » 01-25-2013 08:47 AM

kbot wrote: For a while there I thought I was going crazy....... It was like you couldn't even voice an opinion or present facts without being personally attacked.

The heck you say .

Don't feel bad knot. My picture is hanging on his dart board.:eek:
Put in a prison cell, but one time he could-a been The champion of the world.

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 01-25-2013 09:27 AM

Diogenes wrote: Excellent choice of words - POLLY ::p ::p ::p
I learned that term right here..applied to -- guess who?

I, like Shirleypal the OP's topic, came here solely for the Coast topic discussion and Art Bell. I heard Art mention Linnea and the fantasticforum.com board, jumped in the ORR and became a regular there. I had only the interest in politix that was generated by Art on his show - which was not much. And the more I learn about the topic, the less I want to see of it - And the more I see that my grandpa - a Missouri farmboy, was right about bankers, lawyers, politicians and even the seed companies of his day...and this was in the early 60's when I was <10 years old.

This forum could use another Shirleypal, ie avid Art Bell fan, long-time C2C listener and active poster in these areas. Someone like that could maybe breathe some life back into the old place..life that the latest host and show has seemed unable to generate. I guess we were spoiled by the best and anything less falls way short of the bar Mr Bell set.
[size=0]"Question everything, especially your media and their motives. -Me[/size]

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 01-25-2013 01:02 PM

Dale O Sea wrote: I learned that term right here..applied to -- guess who?

I, like Shirleypal the OP's topic, came here solely for the Coast topic discussion and Art Bell. I heard Art mention Linnea and the fantasticforum.com board, jumped in the ORR and became a regular there. I had only the interest in politix that was generated by Art on his show - which was not much. And the more I learn about the topic, the less I want to see of it - And the more I see that my grandpa - a Missouri farmboy, was right about bankers, lawyers, politicians and even the seed companies of his day...and this was in the early 60's when I was <10 years old.

This forum could use another Shirleypal, ie avid Art Bell fan, long-time C2C listener and active poster in these areas. Someone like that could maybe breathe some life back into the old place..life that the latest host and show has seemed unable to generate. I guess we were spoiled by the best and anything less falls way short of the bar Mr Bell set.

Did he/she call you Polly too?????

There are personalities no office or other forum needs because the very nature of their personality is such that they can't disagree without getting very personal in a nasty way. There is disagreement of views and then there is fighting and I get it that some folks love the nasty fighting but I don't know that most do. Still you need a certain electricity for engagement - get it POLLY

:D

It's hard to attract an Art Bell fan if we have no Art Bell - if he returns I predict they will find their way here.

Now having said that I was wrong about Hillary as she DID testify - didn't say much and pounded the table but she did testify

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 01-25-2013 06:31 PM

BenSlain wrote: The heck you say .

Don't feel bad knot. My picture is hanging on his dart board.:eek:

Have a feeling there are a few pictures on that dart board........

cherry
Pirate

Post by cherry » 01-25-2013 06:31 PM

kbot wrote: Joe (who I didn't know, but who appears to have had a deep impression on members), Linnea and now Shirley...

.... and let's don't forget Devastated. :o

megman
Parrothead

Post by megman » 01-26-2013 12:56 AM

cherry wrote: .... and let's don't forget Devastated. :o

Yes, who I had the good fortune to actually meet.
Still an Original Pirate since Aug 2000
Wanna ride the Zamboni?

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 01-26-2013 11:10 AM

megman wrote: Yes, who I had the good fortune to actually meet.
Everyone should be as fortunate.

megman
Parrothead

Post by megman » 01-26-2013 11:25 AM

Dale O Sea wrote: Everyone should be as fortunate.

Sad, but good memories there Dale.

I remember she called me about 6 months later when I was in the Rio Dulce GUA asking me if I wanted to babysit her house and dogs again but I was right in the middle of setting up a trip to Roatan Honduras and told her it would have to be the next time.

Unfortunately there wasn't a next time as she had passed. :(

Still kicking myself for that....
Still an Original Pirate since Aug 2000
Wanna ride the Zamboni?

Return to “The Brig”