Well Wishes For An Old Friend...

The Brig, for everything else. Pirates-at-large. Free booze.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 05-26-2007 05:49 PM

I forgot to mention how wonderful your song is. Thank you so very much for sharing it with us. I wish I knew the melody... but I will save the lyrics, if that's OK. They may bring me comfort as well on some future day that I hope is yet long away.
Image Anchors Aweigh!

majda
Pirate

Post by majda » 05-27-2007 02:58 AM

Biker wrote: Early last Septmber, I got stuck with a 5 week old yellow Lab. I didn't want her but Fate didn't give me a choice. She is now 10 months old and it is now just me and her.
Taarna The Taarakian is now dug into Casa Del Bikerbo like an Alabama tick.

Biker:)

Hey Biker, I've rescued and buried more wounded, abused, lost, and sick dogs than my heart cares to remember. All I know is that each one is special, and each one that passes is another notch on our souls that goes for good. I too currently have a yellow lab, but she was abused. She had bad behavioral problems. I just loved the Hell out of her, and then gently let her know the rules. She now is the most awesome dog in the world, and would kill to save my life I know. Nothing will replace the ones that were special, but each new one helps give us back the joy that we lost.

Give Taarna a big hug from me. I know she feels your pain, and will soon fill that hole in your heart. Long may she live in Casa Del Bikerbo!
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government -- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

ratdog
Pirate

Post by ratdog » 05-27-2007 06:39 PM

:( sorry
Nobody knows the stubble I'v seen...Burma Shave Semper Fi

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 05-27-2007 07:16 PM

I rescued a little guy too. He had been so badly treated that the vet who had his history on file, wouldn't even tell me what had happened to him. Guess it was pretty bad! The vet was intrumental in having him seized from the owners. He is the most layed back, gentle and loyal little guy and he never lets me out of his lovin little sight.

It's great that you have another friend to keep you company Biker. :)

IronsGold
Pirate

Post by IronsGold » 05-29-2007 07:23 AM

Christ Biker , I'm so sorry. I've never found a way to make it easier. Few people understand what my animals mean to me. My Golden Maggie (best bird dog in the world!) is the only reason I got through my husband's death. I have horses, goats, a donkey someone dumped, and a 27 year old pony, but Maggie? She's my best friend. When I lost my first Golden, I never wanted to have another dog. Didn't want to set myself up for that kind of pain again. Then my husband said, "If you don't get another dog, Honey will think she did something wrong, that she wasn't a good dog." That did it for me. Now every pup is a tribute to how great my other dogs were. It helps to see it that way.

Did you catch the ladies of the ship fighting over you in the Brig? Look for the Captain's post, "The Brig." Might make you smile a little bit.
"What fresh hell is this?"
Dorothy Parker

deeremom
Pirate

Biker

Post by deeremom » 05-29-2007 07:41 PM

Weeping for you ...

Return to “The Brig”