the truth is out there

The Brig, for everything else. Pirates-at-large. Free booze.

Moderator: Super Moderators

gormworm
Pirate

Post by gormworm » 11-16-2004 12:39 PM

If you want to purchase ad space, contact the crow's nest.

SetiCruncher
Pirate

Post by SetiCruncher » 11-16-2004 01:01 PM

Good to see you back with us Gorm no matter how briefly.

You'll be missed my friend.

SC
Veritas, Aequitas, Fides

gormworm
Pirate

Post by gormworm » 11-16-2004 01:15 PM

*want to buy a banner ad?
admin

Devastated
Moderator - Hammock Expert

Post by Devastated » 11-16-2004 05:08 PM

Hi gorm I'm glad you're here.:cool:
You don't have to believe everything that you think...

CindyLouWho
Pirate

Post by CindyLouWho » 11-16-2004 05:44 PM

Hey Dev,

You might wanna read between the lines (or at least read the links which include an attack on Linnea ... add a .php3 to the php part of the address. ) .. last time you missed the entire Sinner crap and now this is flying right by you too.
Last edited by CindyLouWho on 11-16-2004 06:11 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Falcon
Pirate

Post by Falcon » 11-16-2004 07:17 PM

Being a Network Administrator, I find it amusing at how:

A) People claim to know that their site has been "attacked". There are so many other possiblilities. But of course we must persue the conspiracy first, right?

B) Believe the attack must be from some government agent.

If the site was hacked it was most likely because they have poor security and some script kiddy was having fun in his mom's basement.
I want something good to die for, to make it beautiful to live.

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 11-16-2004 07:24 PM

:rolleyes:

CindyLouWho
Pirate

Post by CindyLouWho » 11-16-2004 07:40 PM

Falcon wrote: Being a Network Administrator, I find it amusing at how:

A) People claim to know that their site has been "attacked". There are so many other possiblilities. But of course we must persue the conspiracy first, right?

B) Believe the attack must be from some government agent.

If the site was hacked it was most likely because they have poor security and some script kiddy was having fun in his mom's basement.

Yep, that was what I was also thinking .. but since I've been lurking over there I was seeing posts accusing our owner of such an attack .... frigginridiculous ..

I did sign up there to refute that and to post a message because they have some gullible folks over there. Here is the body of my post:

Not sure what your links say, gornworm since they dont work but the TRUTH eludes you it seems.

Last night your forum was ALREADY offline when I saw that a temp. board was up, and I posted a note that read "i think it's funny". Wasn't very mature of me, I'll admit.

Then YOUR new leader/webmaster Bobby, posted a THREAT to fantastic forum .... "wait til it happens to FF", to which I replied "nice comeback twerp, I mean, jeffbobbybainbernamannboy .. (these are your IW leaders, jeff & bobby... aka DragonMaster, Sinner, Jeff .. etc .. hard to keep up w/ the number of muti's .. afterall, they are 4-5 user names operated by 1-2 humans, and if YOU, Gornworm, and others, can't figure THAT out, then your prolly in the right place over there anyway ... know what I mean?)

Soooooo, be very careful about YOUR accusations. It was ME who posted there without Linn's knowledge .... and your forum was already offline. I'm thinking you might want to check with your very first pissed off and angry IW member, MACchine, thought ... after one of your leaders attacked him, I'm thinking he may have some input. Or better yet, do some checking on IP's.

DO THE WORK YOURSELVES!! IT IS VERY EASY STUFF!!

Interestingly, since a few nights ago, my own computer was hacked & attacked (as was another member who was peeking in and reading at the IW) ... sounds to me like you'd better start looking at someone who is a MEMBER, maybe even a LEADER there ... and wipe the G for gullible off of your forehead.

And understand this once and for all .... Linnea had asked that we not even visit IW, she is happy that everyone found a home and is happy themselves .... she is HAPPY for you, doofus ... your own paranoia (with the help of some mental coaxing from DM & Sinner) has you believing otherwise. Those that have found a home at the new place seem happier and that is good. Since they can no longer damage the FF, then EVERYONE is happy!?!?! No?

I strongly suggest that you all do your own research because THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE, Gorm and others. If you need help connecting the dots, or if you'd like to find out how easily it was to figure out Jeff & Bobby, please feel free to PM me.

This is no longer appropriate to discuss here, since Linnea wants the best, even for a few jerks (my word, not hers) like YOU However, you are free to talk to me about it. I will give my email address to anyone who asks for it via private message (but I'd put BIG MONEY on your leaders not allowing that .. they can't have YOU knowing TOO MUCH, ya know?)

Interestingly, I got a nice PM from Capt. K, to which I replied, then imagine this:

I was banned.

I shouldn't have gone there in the first place, but I was not going to stand by while folks over there made it sound as if our own Captain had set upon some sort of attack to their forum.

Every pirate I've spoken w/ is glad that the multipersonalitied-posters have their own place to now in which to wreak their havoc ... what I do find sad, though, is that there are some fairly gullible posters over there, that don't have any idea who they are associating with. I do hope that they stay safe, including gorm.
Last edited by CindyLouWho on 11-16-2004 07:43 PM, edited 1 time in total.

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 11-16-2004 07:49 PM

I'm usually the last to know.

They are being duped...........

It was very clear that they were blaming Linn. They were being very careful but they were agreeing with the accusatory post.

I will not feel the same about these people if I see them here.

Neely of course is different but CK what the hell is wrong with you! You in my opinion condoned it.

Thank God BB has found a new home (couldn't help it)

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 11-16-2004 07:50 PM

Cindy who is IW...........do you know?

CindyLouWho
Pirate

Post by CindyLouWho » 11-16-2004 08:32 PM

tiffany wrote: I'm usually the last to know.

They are being duped...........

It was very clear that they were blaming Linn. They were being very careful but they were agreeing with the accusatory post.

I will not feel the same about these people if I see them here.

Neely of course is different but CK what the hell is wrong with you! You in my opinion condoned it.

Thank God BB has found a new home (couldn't help it)

Don't hold it against them all, Tiff ... there are pirates who have 'dual citizenship' and that is perfectly fine. No one ever said they couldn't sign up on another forum. No big deal.

It only becomes a big deal when a poster, like gorm did here, causes damage by accusing OUR CAPTAIN of something ridiculous. Some over there are similar and bad mouthing this Ship, and to them I think "good riddance" ... still others over there have no idea who they are associating with .. and that is sad.

This is over and no longer an issue ... so lets just free ourselves of THEM (talking to myself mostly) and drop the issue here. Linnea has enough to worry about w/o me causing problems.

Hug!
Last edited by CindyLouWho on 11-16-2004 08:38 PM, edited 1 time in total.

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 11-16-2004 08:41 PM

I have signed up at that new board today...as I am signed up at many boards there are people there that I miss here....I am under my normal screen name as I feel that I respect everyone I come in contact with, and I have nothing to hide.

I am not sure what happened while I was gone, and really don't want to get involved. Its appears as though I missed a couple of cyber hurricanes. I have made many friends on this board and wish to keep them, but I also have friends that are now posting a there. And I would hope those who know me, know that I do not intend on getting involved with any of this.

I will not bad mouth anyone on this board nor on that board, its just not my style. I come to these boards to exchange thoughts, etc....I have made some friends along the way and don't want to trade that for anything.

I am saddened that we have lost some posters here, some that I feel made some great contributions, however I am not aware of the details.

I felt the need to post this, as I don't want to be involved in and "us" and "them" situation.

I like all of you, a couple that were true friends while my husband and I went through a hard time, after the hurricanes, you ladies know who you are :) I don't forgot those things.

Much love to all of you.

Linda

CindyLouWho
Pirate

Post by CindyLouWho » 11-16-2004 09:01 PM

Absolutely agree, SETI's lady.

... and yes, there were some squalls around here too ...

Glad you are back. We missed you while you were gone.

CindyLouWho
Pirate

Post by CindyLouWho » 11-16-2004 09:08 PM

tiffany wrote: Cindy who is IW...........do you know?

Tiff, do you have my email address?

I don't want to make this any bigger publically than I already have ... Linn doesn't need the stress.

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 11-16-2004 09:09 PM

CindyLouWho wrote: Absolutely agree, SETI's lady.

... and yes, there were some squalls around here too ...

Glad you are back. We missed you while you were gone.

Awwwwwwww Thanks Cindy :D I missed you guys too !!
Last edited by SETIsLady on 11-16-2004 09:22 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “The Brig”