History Channels "Project Blue Book"

UFO sightings, alien abductions, orbs, John Lear disclosure, government cover-ups...

Moderator: Super Moderators

Doka
Pirate

History Channels "Project Blue Book"

Post by Doka » 01-10-2019 02:14 AM

Any body watching the show?

HISTORY’s upcoming new drama series ‘Project Blue Book’ is based on the true, top-secret investigations into Unidentified Flying Objects (UFOs) and related phenomena conducted by the United States Air Force from 1952 to 1969.

Dr. J. Allen Hynek (Aidan Gillen), a brilliant yet underappreciated college professor, is recruited by the U.S. Air Force to spearhead a clandestine operation called Project Blue Book. Along with his partner, the debonair Air Force Captain Michael Quinn (Michael Malarkey), he is summoned to investigate UFO sightings around the country and use science to discover what really happened. However, when some encounters cannot be explained away and cases remain open, Hynek begins to suspect that he has been duped by the government into a larger conspiracy to cover up the truth. Set against the backdrop of the Cold War and rising Atomic Era, each episode will draw from the actual Project Blue Book case files, blending UFO theories with authentic historical events from one of the most mysterious eras in United States history.

https://www.history.com/shows/project-blue-book/about

MAP

https://www.history.com/shows/project-b ... cation-map
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Riddick
Pirate

Thanks For The Heads-Up Doka!

Post by Riddick » 01-10-2019 12:46 PM

By choice, with only OTA, on TeeVee I have no History Channel... BUT even so, I've put the show on my sizeable "to watch list" as I've discovered their PBB eps are FREE TO VIEW online - While I can't say just now just when I'll get a round tuit, I can say I find the trailer & show descriptions very enticing!!

A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

kbot
Pirate

Re: History Channels "Project Blue Book"

Post by kbot » 01-10-2019 03:13 PM

My son texted my wife the other day about this because he knew that I follow UFO-related news, but I haven't had the chance to view it yet. I'd think that it is probably a rehash of what's already documented, no? Hoping to catch on-demand when I have the time to catch my breath........
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 01-10-2019 07:06 PM

I watched epidode one. Disappointed.

Fractured, unrealistic and bad acting.
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 01-11-2019 12:21 AM

It is Not a Documentary. It has been labeled as Science Fiction, that is how tptb are going to play it. More like "The X Files" and I think good enough, for some good watching. And I thought the actors where good. I liked it well enough to watch again.(10 episodes, I think)

I think it will offer a lot of "Gems" for the observant watcher.

If you want more from Hynek , he wrote several good books on the subject, as he himself eventually , became a " Believer" as they say.
Hynek's best known statement:

"Ridicule is not part of the scientific method, and people should not be taught that it is. The steady flow of reports, often made in concert by reliable observers, raises questions of scientific obligation and responsibility. Is there ... any residue that is worthy of scientific attention? Or, if there isn't, does not an obligation exist to say so to the public—not in words of open ridicule but seriously, to keep faith with the trust the public places in science and scientists?"
A Couple of my most favorite authors Brad Steiger and Jacques Vallee wrote good books on the subject.
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 01-11-2019 06:48 AM

Over the years I've read works by Steiger, Vallee and Hynek and also the Blue Book and MUFON databases.

At time like this, I really miss Art's perspectives.......
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 01-11-2019 11:17 AM

I have no doubt that Art was a "Believer" also, especially after the huge triangle ship floated over him and Ramona. If you are not convinced yet, no bodies "Perspective" will change yours. Personally, with all the documentation out there and my own personal experiences, someone would have to work awfully hard on me to prove otherwise.
KARMA RULES

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 01-11-2019 01:32 PM

I know, but Art was willing to bring-in guests and give them room to discuss their area of interest or expertise. He valued what they could bring to the table, and brought the topic of UFOs to a wider audience (IMHO). I think that Art made the topic more readily available. I remember as a kid, seeing books in the library in a separate section that almost implied by its very location that it's very separateness meant that it (and you by extension) were weird..... My view, Art helped (not on his own......) to mainstream the subject.

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 01-11-2019 01:58 PM

I understand what you are saying, but I do think the subject is on it's way ,back into "darkness" again just by who is currently reporting on it, Knapp, exclueded. Noory is still the little kid in the back seat, sure not going to learn much from him. Cause, he won't commit and who he selects as guests. I don't think the good guests want much to do with him.

I do have a story to tell, on what's going on behind the scenes, it it taking some time to get it together.......
KARMA RULES

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 01-11-2019 07:56 PM

I agree with you about George Knapp - he's been at this for a long time and has his own projects independent of Coast. IMO, Knapp is the last best hope for the show. I like John B Wells and his focus, but when he left, he left a void that Noory and the network can't fill.......... I like Whitley Streiber, to a point, but I don't think he brings what Knapp does with his news background

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 02-16-2019 01:27 PM

The History Channel's "Project Blue Book" continues to entertain and amaze me. Well worth watching.

Tid Bit: Anybody ever watch "Twin Peaks"? It was pretty far out, And talk about hard to follow!(for me any way, not to mention, I didn't have access to it, most of the time). At any rate, it to had some ""Project Blue Book" woven into it too.

Posted on January 11, 2019 by Rob E. King

A Televised Encounter of the First Kind: The Premiere of Project Blue Book

Fun Read

https://25yearslatersite.com/2019/01/11 ... blue-book/
KARMA RULES

Return to “UFO”