The Haunting of the Chateau Marmont

Discussion of unexplained phenomena, Crop Circles, OBEs, NDEs, ESP, remote viewing, ghosts, unusual coincidence, pre-cognition, group consciousness...

Moderator: Super Moderators

CaptKundalini
Pirate

The Haunting of the Chateau Marmont

Post by CaptKundalini » 09-01-2004 11:26 AM

On the evening of Friday, March 5, 1982, Actor, Singer, Comedian John Belushi got together with several close friends (which included Robin Williams and Robert DeNiro) for a dinner party at "On The Rox", the Restaurant above the famous Roxy Nightclub on Sunset Blvd. After dinner, he invited Williams and DeNiro up to his temporary residence at Bungalow #3 at the Chateau Marmont.. It was while there that, at his urging, he was injected with Cocaine and Heroin (a speedball - now, sadly called a Belushi) by Cathy Evelyn Smith (known to some as "Sundown" see the song by Gordon Lightfoot). His friends left while Cathy remained behind with him.
After awhile, John went into the bedroom to lie down for a time, so Cathy left.

Later, John's manager tried to call him at the Bungalow and got no answer, so he went to check up on him. When he entered the bungalow and went into the bedroom, John was blue in the face. Brillstein tried unsuccessfully revive John, but it was too late.
John Belushi was dead. He called Police, Ambulance and then the Medical Examiner's Office. Not long after their arrival, the News Media arrived bringing with them crowds of people who looked on as John's body was carried out of the hotel in a body bag and placed into a van.
It was at that moment that Cathy arrived back on the scene. When she saw what was going on, she turned her car around and fled.

When Dan Aykroyd got the news in NYC that John was dead, he walked all the way to where John had lived with his wife Judith and told her the news.
The Funeral for John Belushi was held in Massachusettes near Martha's Vineyard and he was buried in Chilmark. The funeral was attended by Lorraine Newman, Bill Murry and, of course, Dan Aykroyd of SNL. Dan was in full motorcycle gear.

Sometime later, as a Psychic Medium was trying to make contact with the Dearly Departed in a well known part of Hollywood, she alledgedly came in contact with the spirit of John Belushi, who stated to her that he was just as shocked by his death as everyone else was. Why did he not cross over into the Light? There are several theories, one of which was that he had unfinished business in this life.

Five Years Ago: A woman and her family had to temporarily move out of their home due to renovations so they checked into the Chateau Marmont hotel in Hollywood. Due to problems with the renovation, they ended up staying there for over a year. During this time, late at night they would hear their young son (age 2) alone in his room laughing and giggling to himself. They thought nothing of it as the child is a very outgoing and playful child by nature. When they finally did ask what he was laughing at, the child would only say "the funny man".
So one night the woman was talking to her friend about all this and her friend mentioned that John Belushi had died in the Chateau and that there were many reports of his spirit still roaming the grounds. A friend of hers did a quick search online and asked her if they are staying in bungalow #3. She said yes. Apparently the family had been living in the same bungalow that John had died in.
Some initial thoughts were to take pictures of various actors and show them to the child to see if he could recognize "the funny man" but, according to the mother, this never came to fruition.
A friend of the boys mother visited the bungalow while they were staying there. It was for a birthday party for the boy and while it was a bit creepy, nothing out of the ordinary was said to have happened.

CaptKundalini
Pirate

The Haunting of the Chateau Marmont: Part Two

Post by CaptKundalini » 09-01-2004 11:27 AM

Three Years Ago: According to a post I got just yesterday from one of the people involved in the investigation into this haunting, I got the following account:

I wanted to respond with an update to this earlier post. I just had dinner with my friend over the weekend. Her son just turned 5 years old this month.

I asked her if he's ever mentioned "the funny man" again? She has never brought the subject up to him, at all., but .... told me that me he had, in fact, just brought it up himself, a couple of weeks ago!

They had been reminiscing about their stay at the hotel, and her son complained that he couldn't sleep well there because "the funny man" kept waking him up at night, making him laugh and wanting to play all the time!!! Remember, this kid was barely 2 years old when this all happened (3 years ago)!

She then went on to tell me that she was sitting in bed one night (recently) looking at a book about the Chateau Marmont, and her son wandered in. He was very interested in what she was looking at so she told him it's all about the Chateau as she turned the pages ... there were many photos of various celebs that have stayed there over its many years. So the kid would say, "who is that?" And she said, oh that's an actor who was popular when your grandma was younger ... and that's Robert DeNiro, that's Robin Williams ... etc. Then she turned the page and there was a photo of John Belushi. The child got very excited, pointed and said: "Look Mommy, there's the FUNNY MAN!"

No, they have never shown him photos or Belushi films; in fact, when we suggested it a long time ago she said "no" so this kid has had no prompting whatsoever. But he sure did recognize his "funny man" right away!

My friend also said that although she hadn't been afraid to go to the bathroom alone at night since she was 8 years old, she was very uncomfortable doing so when they were staying in bungalow 3. She said she would run in and out quickly, and never made eye contact with the mirror; she just felt as if she was being watched all the time. She went on to say that every time she opened the door to the room/area the kid was sleeping in, to tuck him in at night, she felt what she can only describe as a "whoosh!"

Laird
Pirate

Post by Laird » 09-01-2004 11:45 AM

Wow, perhaps someone should instruct that little boy to tell the funny man to cross over.
"Speak softly and carry a big stick" Teddy Roosevelt

Dobler
Pirate

Post by Dobler » 09-02-2004 12:52 PM

Who you gonna call? Dan Aykroyd originally wrote Ghostbusters for him and Belushi.

What I want to know is if the kid was running around going "No hamburger, cheeseburger!"

CaptKundalini
Pirate

Post by CaptKundalini » 09-02-2004 07:38 PM

Pepsi, no Coke. :D

BlackAce
Pirate

Post by BlackAce » 09-02-2004 08:10 PM

Dude, I went to the Billy Goat like two moths ago. The guy ordered me a chesseburger. I had NO say in the matter. He also threw a guy out for ordering a Pepsi. But that is very interesting about the Belushi! If I was being haunted, thats who Id want haunting me.
"Some one is stealing my water!" - Adam West

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 08-12-2012 11:11 PM

SNL: The Olympia Restaurant Sketch
http://www.hulu.com/watch/3533
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Return to “Paranormal”