Toddler survives after rescuers heard a voice cry "Help

Discussion of unexplained phenomena, Crop Circles, OBEs, NDEs, ESP, remote viewing, ghosts, unusual coincidence, pre-cognition, group consciousness...

Moderator: Super Moderators

Raggedyann
Pirate

Toddler survives after rescuers heard a voice cry "Help

Post by Raggedyann » 03-09-2015 11:12 PM

When four police officers in Spanish Fork, Utah, found a vehicle submerged upside-down in a river on Saturday, they weren't sure there were any survivors.

That is, until the officers heard a strange voice from the car.

"We've gotten together and just talkin' about it, and all four of us can swear that we heard somebody inside the car saying, 'Help,'" Officer Jared Warner told the Deseret News.

When the officers flipped the vehicle over, they only saw a deceased mother and an 18-month-old child, who remains in critical condition after spending 14 hours underwater.

Authorities said Lynn Jennifer "Jenny" Groesbeck, 25, died around 10:30 p.m. Friday when her car hit a cement barrier at the end of the bridge and rolled over into the water.

The crash went unnoticed until around noon Saturday when a fisherman saw the wrecked car and notified police, according to KSL TV.

When police turned the car over, Groesbeck was dead. Miraculously, Lily was still alive. She was found upside-down in her car seat and narrowly avoiding river water so cold that seven of the rescue workers on the scene had to be treated for hypothermia, Fox13Now.com reports.

Lily was flown to a children's hospital to be treated, according to her aunt, Jill Sanderson.

“She’s doing remarkably well considering what she went through,” Sanderson told the station. “The doctors so far have been hopeful, they haven’t been able to give us a lot of information, the next 48 to 72 hours will be very critical in determining the outcome.”

Meanwhile, Tyler Beddoes, one of the officers who discovered Lily, is still amazed at the strange voice he heard.

“To me it was plain as day because I remember hearing a voice. I think it was [Officer Bryan] DeWitt who said, ‘We’re trying. We’re trying our best to get in there.’ How do you explain that? I don’t know,” Beddoes said according to RawStory.com.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/0 ... 33564.html

I saw these rescuers being interviewed on TV this morning. This is one of those stories that is very believable.
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 03-10-2015 02:12 PM

could the kid not say help? Amazing story either way.
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 03-10-2015 06:17 PM

Fan wrote: could the kid not say help? Amazing story either way.

The toddler is 18 months old and was hanging upside down and unconscious. Even if the baby could say "help" I would know it was a little child's voice. The mom died the day before and they were the only people in the car.
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 03-10-2015 06:20 PM

Oh I did not see she was unconscious, or that they said it was not an infant's voice. Either way pretty miraculous.
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 03-10-2015 06:41 PM

Fan wrote: Oh I did not see she was unconscious, or that they said it was not an infant's voice. Either way pretty miraculous.

Utah cops swear mysterious voice crying for help led them to unconscious toddler in submerged car

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/03/utah ... erged-car/

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 03-11-2015 07:37 AM

Must have been the babies guardian Angel :)

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 03-11-2015 12:33 PM

Dude111 wrote: Must have been the babies guardian Angel :)

For sure Dude. How does a baby survive hanging upside down in freezing weather for 14 hours? Astonishing.

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 03-11-2015 01:08 PM

humans are amazing creatures!

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 03-11-2015 03:53 PM

Good Anderson Cooper interview with the rescuers.

Last edited by Raggedyann on 03-11-2015 04:24 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 03-11-2015 03:59 PM

my problem with this story is: they arrive at scene of accident, then stand around talking about it - until they hear a voice. Maybe the first thing you should do is check if there are survivors, no matter how unlikely that may be? When a building collapses you often hear of survivors being found days later in the rubble. Assume people are still alive until you know otherwise?

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 03-11-2015 04:26 PM

Fan wrote: my problem with this story is: they arrive at scene of accident, then stand around talking about it - until they hear a voice. Maybe the first thing you should do is check if there are survivors, no matter how unlikely that may be? When a building collapses you often hear of survivors being found days later in the rubble. Assume people are still alive until you know otherwise?

Exactly! Perhaps that is why the "voice" was trying to get them to hurry up and save the baby.

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 03-15-2015 06:00 PM

Fan wrote: my problem with this story is: they arrive at scene of accident, then stand around talking about it - until they hear a voice. Maybe the first thing you should do is check if there are survivors, no matter how unlikely that may be? When a building collapses you often hear of survivors being found days later in the rubble. Assume people are still alive until you know otherwise?
Yes you would think they would still operate this way!!

Return to “Paranormal”