Sylvia Browne Cleveland Kidnapping Case FAIL

Discussion of unexplained phenomena, Crop Circles, OBEs, NDEs, ESP, remote viewing, ghosts, unusual coincidence, pre-cognition, group consciousness...

Moderator: Super Moderators

Riddick
Pirate

Sylvia Browne Cleveland Kidnapping Case FAIL

Post by Riddick » 05-10-2013 01:01 AM

From Mark Evanier at newsfromme.com:
  • Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michele Knight were missing for a decade and presumed dead. We should have known that at least Amanda was alive. How? Because Sylvia Browne, the self-professed "psychic" who’s never right about anything, said that thanks to her awesome powers, she knew Amanda was dead. In fact, she told Amanda’s mother who died shortly after.

I can kinda understand why some people believe in psychic powers. I just don’t understand why anyone believes she has any.
http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/swi ... iasco.html

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 05-10-2013 06:50 AM

We were watching smoe show last night that was runing this story. This crank told one mother that her child was dead, adn she died within months afterwards - presumably from a broken heart. Family members said that she didn't even finish the show, (Montel Show) but ran out of the studio, and just wasn't the same afterwards. People doing this should be arrested for mental cruelty.

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 05-10-2013 12:27 PM

It appears that Sylvia got ahold of a "bad" guide. Time to clean the guide house out. I wonder what Montel thinks of Sylvia's batting average going to hell, I have noticed that he doesn't even sell a Juicer without her being there.

:cool:
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 05-10-2013 02:27 PM

I heard George a few nights ago briefly mention why she has not been on his show since the tragic incident of the miners.

http://www.stopsylvia.com/articles/c2c_ ... owne.shtml
A man's character is his fate

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 05-10-2013 03:40 PM

I thought she was a phony the first time I heard her speak years ago.

One would think she could be charged with something but I guess there are no laws to cover this kind of irresponsibility. Maybe the family will sue her.
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 05-10-2013 06:16 PM

Raggedyann wrote: I thought she was a phony the first time I heard her speak years ago.

One would think she could be charged with something but I guess there are no laws to cover this kind of irresponsibility. Maybe the family will sue her.

Ditto about the phoniness - altho there are some which intrigue me greatly.
A man's character is his fate

BenSlain
Pirate

Post by BenSlain » 05-10-2013 08:09 PM

Raggedyann wrote: I thought she was a phony the first time I heard her speak years ago.

They could sue themselves for being gullible :D
Put in a prison cell, but one time he could-a been The champion of the world.

BenSlain
Pirate

Post by BenSlain » 05-10-2013 08:11 PM

But then again who's not attracted to a girl with a three pack a day voice.
Put in a prison cell, but one time he could-a been The champion of the world.

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 05-11-2013 12:50 AM

BenSlain wrote: But then again who's not attracted to a girl with a three pack a day voice.
oh god so true.

I thought she was a scam from the first 5 minutes i ever heard her.
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

Return to “Paranormal”