The Year of the Crop Circle?

Discussion of unexplained phenomena, Crop Circles, OBEs, NDEs, ESP, remote viewing, ghosts, unusual coincidence, pre-cognition, group consciousness...

Moderator: Super Moderators

Crop Circles are...

Poll ended at 07-10-2003 05:41 PM

messages from a "higher power" (aliens, God, the collective human consciousness)
73%
a natural (physical) phenomenon
No votes
a bunch of nonsense
No votes
mostly man-made hoaxes
27%

Total votes: 11

lrs
Pirate

The Year of the Crop Circle?

Post by lrs » 06-30-2003 05:38 PM

Listening to the play-back of Art with Linda M-H from Friday night, I was struck by several things:

Already by June 21st, 2003, there have been more reports of crop formations from around the world than there have been by this time in any other year.

A lot of them have appeared in countries where before they have never occured; e.g. Italy.

Some of them resemble mathematical fractals. Others are near replicas of past formations. One (see Linda's site) looks like the "angel formation" that appeared in July of 2001...six weeks before September 11th.

Unlike last year (see Colin Andrews' site), very few of the formations fall into the Doug&Dave category of hoaxes. Nearly all meet the criteria for being the real thing.

Since I know that most everyone was listening to Art & Linda Friday night, this is hardly breaking-news on my part. But I'm hoping that anyone with info (or an opinion) will post.

What do you suppose it all means? Anyone care to share?

P.S. Should this come up, let me say in advance that I reject Ed Danes' interpretation -- that the formations are really just trying to tell us to be prepared for crop destruction -- out of hand. I think there's much more to it than that.

P.P.S. Opinions from those who think crop circles are a bunch of hooey are welcome, too!

:)

CindyLouWho
Pirate

Post by CindyLouWho » 06-30-2003 06:38 PM

(((((((((((LRS)))))))))))))))))

I LOVE to hear about these types of subjects, and am grateful to you for the distraction, so please accept this hug in advance.

I'm also looking forward to responses here from others who feel they have a better understanding of Crop Circles. I personally have never formed any type of theory of my own but ...

They FASCINATE me!

XO!
Cindy

Laird
Pirate

Post by Laird » 07-01-2003 01:10 AM

Ed totally surprised me when he said those crop circles mean all crops will fall. Logically and theoretically that could happen if planet X is headed towards are galaxy. It would indeed create some type of severe weather.

I remember Ed stating a few years ago after a remote viewing session on crop circles that they're a date stamp to help calibrate a moment in time when hyperleaping thru space. (personally I enjoy this explanation)

Seems to me a percentage of crop circles are hoaxes and some are done by more advanced methods. It wouldn't surprise me if we're not alone in the universe.

Malaria_Kidd
Pirate

Thanks Irs

Post by Malaria_Kidd » 07-01-2003 06:12 AM

Well! Does this belong here or what? Contact is not only inevitable in the future,........it's here now. Linda and Art were something to hear. Man cannot create a tornado or hurricane,......nor can he make these intricate, most times God like designs. By walking this planet Earth, breathing the air, living by water, soil, and Sun we find sometimes a myterious happening is not a mystery at all. MK
" So if your tired of the same old story,.....Oh, turn some pages!" REO Speed Wagon of Champaign - Urbana, Illinois / Robert Lowery, my cousin, was Hollywood's 2nd Batman.

lrs
Pirate

Post by lrs » 07-01-2003 07:35 PM

Laird, I too was astonished by ED's interpretation. But I remember thinking: "you gotta hand it to the guy. It's the most original interpretation I've heard yet". He said we are "losing the meaning in the message". I say , he is "losing the message in the meaning".

Or something like that. :)

Mal, Art said something profound Friday night (he usually does). Isn't it funny that no one has ever CAUGHT these people "hoaxing" the crop circles? They cause destruction to property, a public nuisance, an attractant for the media, an invasion of privacy, clear trespassing. Yet, no one has ever been caught in the act. Nor has anyone ever witnessed anyone else in the act. Hmmmmm.

That other person had a great quote on his website last night, from Winston Churchill. Something like: Man occasionally stumbles upon the truth. But then he moves on.

Thanks for posting, guys.

Malaria_Kidd
Pirate

Crop Circles Communication

Post by Malaria_Kidd » 07-03-2003 05:52 AM

Irs, Have we ever made one for a reply to the original maker? This all seems too reactive to me. Interested folks in this field never talk of talking back,.......by the same method at the same areas frequented by "their" art work. We,......who I don't know, should pay farmers for the loss estimated, and with some expert admitted hoaxers (or board, rope, and manpower) simply make one next to Cholbolton (sp ?) and other places famous for circles. Pioneer 10 's gold plated message plaque is lost in space, and proof NASA believes like many of us do in life elsewhere. Why not send our own art work in wheat. A reply next to something from us would be one heck of an E-Mail,...E for energy still unexplained. Fields of gold would stand a better chance than a gold plaque. MK P.S. We know "they" can send, but can "they" recieve?
Last edited by Malaria_Kidd on 07-03-2003 05:56 AM, edited 1 time in total.
" So if your tired of the same old story,.....Oh, turn some pages!" REO Speed Wagon of Champaign - Urbana, Illinois / Robert Lowery, my cousin, was Hollywood's 2nd Batman.

lrs
Pirate

Post by lrs » 07-03-2003 07:47 PM

Mal, you make, like, 100,000 brilliant points. But due to this back-space thing when you lose your post (I love this new format, but I wish RC would fix that), I can't reference it all.

In terms of communication: suppose it was imposed upon you to send a message to a dolphin. Two vastly different species, two entirely different communication systems, not even the same DNA. How would you go about it? How on earth would you compose a message that the dolphins would understand?

For me, I think the fact that they have come up with these ways of communication is nothing less than genius.

In terms of our response, I quote "Star Trek IV (roughly)": We could mimic the SOUNDS we hear. But the LANGUAGE would be gibberish.

Just because we don't get it, doesn't mean it isn't real.

Thanks, Mal.

Malaria_Kidd
Pirate

Message to understand

Post by Malaria_Kidd » 07-04-2003 05:01 AM

Irs, Were you ever an agent? For IRS? Just place a figure in any form of a shark, and a dolphin will get the message. Sending a message of symbols and figures just like they do would be a start. There's not a message that we could dream up that the artists from up above would not understand provided it could be seen (recieved). Cholbolton's big antena/dish is a message from us. "They" now we use it to communicate so that's one of the places favored. 10-1 odds "they" know our planet better than we'll ever know it. Your points were good. Maybe the past hoaxed circles were not something they could answer if seen. I've never seen the movie Signs, and I believe the crop was corn. That was a new one,......instead of wheat, oats, or barley. MK

lrs
Pirate

Post by lrs » 07-05-2003 07:25 PM

Mal, I didn't grasp the full meaning of your message, so I apologize if this is off-topic. But I think you presume that the "aliens-doing-this" are evil. Suppose they're intentions are good? Suppose these messages are meant to be something beautiful?

Anyway, no. But I was an agent of municipal government once. Does that count :)?

"Signs" was a spiritual movie. With a powerful message. Rent it, o.k.?

Faedrea
Pirate

Post by Faedrea » 07-05-2003 07:29 PM

Did anyone hear about the crop circle that appeared in California a few days ago? Supposed to be the most complex ever found in the USA. Do a Google news search and stories should crop up.

CindyLouWho
Pirate

Post by CindyLouWho » 07-05-2003 08:42 PM

hehe@stories should CROP up, good one!

Welcome, Faedrea, to Fantastic Forum! Love the name, btw!

Yes, I'm so glad Lrs started this thread. Hoping it'll be an active one with all of the goings-on ;)

Cindy

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 07-05-2003 08:55 PM

Sometimes I have the funny feeling that UFOs are tourist package trips (like our Alaskan cruises) designed to give folks from other points in space-time an up-front-and-personal view of the destruction of the human race in the 21st century. After all, why would you bother to go to the theater to see TITANIC if you could get into a time machine (or whatever) and see the real thing, right? Talk about reality TV, huh! :D

And if this hypothesis be true, then perhaps crop circles are nothing more than navigational markers. "No, fellow Grey 12971, we have taken a wrong turn and have ended up in July of 2003. You can see from the shape of the crop circle out the left porthole that it has the summer 2003 shape. We need to get our act together and salvage this trip! We promised the passengers that we would deliver them to Washington, DC, on 20 January 2005, to witness President Bush's Second Inaugural Address --- a simple press of the nuclear button! So we need to get our act together and make a corrective jump into hyper-space!" You get my meaning.... :D

Regards and best wishes to you all,

Joe Quinn
Last edited by joequinn on 07-05-2003 08:59 PM, edited 1 time in total.
"Fuggedah about it, Jake --- it's Chinatown!"

Faedrea
Pirate

Post by Faedrea » 07-05-2003 09:10 PM

Thank you Cindy. Its nice to meet you :)

Thats an interesting view Joe. I have often wondered if crop circles are maps myself.

CindyLouWho
Pirate

Post by CindyLouWho » 07-05-2003 09:26 PM

VERY interesting as usual, Joe! I can subscribe to that idea

;)

Cindy

Malaria_Kidd
Pirate

Post by Malaria_Kidd » 07-06-2003 02:30 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by lrs
Mal, I didn't grasp the full meaning of your message, so I apologize if this is off-topic. But I think you presume that the "aliens-doing-this" are evil. Suppose they're intentions are good? Suppose these messages are meant to be something beautiful. Yes Irs, and informative in their way. Re-grasp my message if you will because I'll never believe in Star Wars(not the movie). Those folks don't war with anyone. War is something non-existant in their worlds. If all the leaders of this planet could see an intricate set of circles and images made in front of their eyes,.....we would war no more. I'll alway believe "they" have good intentions. Let's send them a crop circle from the next growing season from the fields right next to Cholbolton ! MK

Return to “Paranormal”