A Metaphysical Thought

Discussion of unexplained phenomena, Crop Circles, OBEs, NDEs, ESP, remote viewing, ghosts, unusual coincidence, pre-cognition, group consciousness...

Moderator: Super Moderators

LisaA
Pirate

A Metaphysical Thought

Post by LisaA » 02-10-2002 06:40 PM

Metaphysics: The branch of philosophy that systematically investigates the nature of first principles and problems of ultimate reality.

For example: I am taught that all the power there is or ever was is here right now.

When first told of this, I could hardly believe it because of all the things I think I'd like to do but can't. But don't you think it's true? Or what?

And what is meant by that power?

What if I wanted to have power to... be younger? Well, do I really want to be younger or is it that I want to be healthier and more energetic?

What would you like power for?

daboodaddy
Pirate

Post by daboodaddy » 02-10-2002 07:27 PM

I would choose self-realisation, first, because hopefully by raising my frequency, it would resonate to raise the frequencies my species, as well as the frequency of the planet.

Otherwise I would like to transmute the greed of our leaders into social consciousness and responsibility, mindfullness of others.
Question EVERYTHING, even your OWN thoughts.
A "Daboodaddyism"

lutefisk
Pirate

Post by lutefisk » 02-10-2002 09:46 PM

Ah Daboo, what a wonderful world that would be!

LisaA
Pirate

Post by LisaA » 02-11-2002 10:42 AM

Do you know that there really is power available to do that? Or if there is, it's here now. It's all a question of using it.

I think one power that each of us possesses and can develop more of is power to choose what we focus on.

This will probably kill the thread because I notice that when things get into being truisms, they're not interesting anymore and the thought dies off.

But it is hard to choose what to focus on and then actually focus on it. Like, when someone is addicted to drugs they don't get to choose whether or not to focus on the pursuit and consumption of drugs, unless they put a huge effort into finding other areas of life to focus on. And myself, when I had a lot more problems, I had a tough time studying.

lutefisk
Pirate

Post by lutefisk » 02-11-2002 12:49 PM

Lisa, I understand what you are saying. I could feel myself getting bronchitus last night, and I kept on thinking.."I'm getting sick, nuts!" Then, I stopped and thought, "wait a minute! I have a choice, to try and make it better, or worse." So I started to think.."I feel GREAT!! I BREATHE FREELY!" I think I got a milder case of it, because of my attitude. Yep, one's mind has a lot of power for good or ill.

daboodaddy
Pirate

Post by daboodaddy » 02-11-2002 01:45 PM

A general rule of thumb, I have learned with great difficulty is this:
When you combine emotion with visulization of the event, they combine to manifest.
Example: When I emote and live in my worst case scenarios (by emotionally "seeing" it as happening) it happens. So I try to do the opposite: best case scenario with emotions, and often things improve. This is based on my personal experiences; no more/ no less.

------------------
A "Daboodaddyism"
A "Daboodaddyism"

LisaA
Pirate

Post by LisaA » 02-11-2002 03:23 PM

I do that too, Lute! If I'm coming down with something I instruct my subconscious to tell my immune system to be strong and fight back.

You two, boo daddy--ideas are the roots of all things.

Today I felt loney. I didn't sub, I decided to run errands. But then I had to face up to what I've been avoiding and denying for weeks: I could be getting a little depressed. So, based on long experience I just let myself feel the sadness for awhile, then I felt better. What would it mean to be a friend to myself? I've got to visualize the kindness and sharing I'd like, and then be that way.

daboodaddy
Pirate

Post by daboodaddy » 02-11-2002 08:47 PM

When I am depressed, angry, or containing any negative emotion, I go head-on into it, even violent thoughts, to experience it and then allow it to leave. I have to experience it as knowing oneself, and by experiencing it I can experience its opposite as well. As to know something fully, I have to experience its opposite via the imagination. That way there is no guilt. No one was harmed.

------------------
A "Daboodaddyism"
A "Daboodaddyism"

LisaA
Pirate

Post by LisaA » 02-12-2002 10:35 AM

Oh yeah, that's a thorough way of acknowledging and transforming an experience.

I get feelings sometimes that I recognize as self-loathing. Like, this morning I was remembering the time I subbed and the class got out of hand, and I felt out of control. It came back to me as fear and anger at my helplessness. And yet I recognized by stepping out of it that I was doing a number, playing a tape, and I stopped it. But from your example, it might be okay to delve into it and experience the feelings and then be able to experience the opposite.

LisaA
Pirate

Post by LisaA » 02-13-2002 06:34 PM

That's pure wisdom.

In one of the teachings I know #5 is "I recognize the manifestation of its undeviating justice in all the circumstances of my life."

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 04-19-2014 01:37 AM

LisaA wrote: I think one power that each of us possesses and can develop more of is power to choose what we focus on.
Yes thats the most powerful thing there is!!!! (Our minds and concentrating on something)

You can amply your thoughts by using a crystal also!

http://www.neatstuff.net/avalon/texts/know-how.html

Return to “Paranormal”