Conscious Awareness

Discussion of unexplained phenomena, Crop Circles, OBEs, NDEs, ESP, remote viewing, ghosts, unusual coincidence, pre-cognition, group consciousness...

Moderator: Super Moderators

LisaA
Pirate

Conscious Awareness

Post by LisaA » 02-05-2002 11:06 AM

I think Paranormal is the closest category to consciousness because when we see the paranormal we're in different states of it.

I just wanted to hear your thoughts on what you can tell you're aware of, and shifts in consciousness you make from time to time.

For example I've started doing a little consciousness exercise where I shift my visual focus away from what's straight in front of me. Then, keeping my eyes facing forward I use my peripheral vision to see everything to the sides, and try to see it all at once like a panoramic movie screen.

The effect it has is that I seem to feel smaller and less important, I see myself as one participant in the scene and become more objective. It feels good because I'm quite narcissistic sometimes.

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 02-06-2002 02:02 AM

Maybe objectivity and non-attachment, Lisa - a different perspective. Sounds like you're working on something.

Conscious
Pirate

Post by Conscious » 02-06-2002 06:05 AM

Many times I have awakened from a nap on the couch - and for a period of time found 'myself' perceiving in another mode (dimension?)! Almost as though I have lost my individuality somehow and have found 'wholeness'. -- The experience is profound and beautiful - kinda like you've visited home for a moment!
The only fact that I know about consciousness is that I'm 'Conscious'.

Post by Guest » 02-06-2002 01:33 PM

I think the most profound experience I ever had was when I was in a Float Tank for the first time. I was in it for 2 hours and I was amazed at how time seemed to disconnect. I went in with a clear mind, without any expectations.
The first thing I became aware of was the feeling of absolute nothingness around me. I then began to feel all the tension in my body strat to melt away...from my feet, up my legs, my torso, etc, all the way to the top of my head. After that, I became aware of things that I hadn't been aware of before. I could hear my heart beating. Then, incredibly, I could actually feel my blood flowing thru my veins and arteries. I just went with this feeling and imagined myself floating in space amongst the stars. It was unlike any feeling I have experienced before or since. As soon as a Float Tank Center opens up closer to where I live, I'm going to do this again. I want to see just how far I can go and what I can do.

------------------
Peace,

Captain Kundalini
Captain Kundalini

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 02-06-2002 03:48 PM

When I wake up in the morning - I am always in an altered state of consciousness. I receive my clearest thoughts and general 'mood' tone - as well as a very relaxed and exalted 'feeling' that I know so much more in this realm from which I am waking. That there is a much vaster 'place' that I sojourn in - without the distractions of physical life on planet earth.

Yes - it does feel like home.

LisaA
Pirate

Post by LisaA » 02-06-2002 06:20 PM

I've been conscious of belonging in the world on the level of objects, as if I were the same value as a tree or a fence. That was cool. I've never been conscious of belonging on a basic matter level.

Just today I had a strange shift of consciousness to something primitive. I was subbing in a computer lab and I had to correct some boys who didn't want to do as they were told. I went into fight or flight mode and had to dominate them because I wasn't willing to run away.

But at the same time as being angry, I was afraid. I don't like being that way but I think that kids are primitive anyway, and being nice doesn't always work so I had to be severe. I wasn't mean, though, I was just adamant that if they didn't do what they said, they were going to move farther from what they wanted. They acted much more respectful afterward.

I had to be the alpha female!

I really prefer my daydreams and focuses on metaphysical subjects!

Return to “Paranormal”