Did Kreskin Shut Down WOR-710?

Discussion of unexplained phenomena, Crop Circles, OBEs, NDEs, ESP, remote viewing, ghosts, unusual coincidence, pre-cognition, group consciousness...

Moderator: Super Moderators

Fred_Vobbe
Pirate

Did Kreskin Shut Down WOR-710?

Post by Fred_Vobbe » 08-12-2005 07:07 AM

STRANGE TCHNOLOGY: DID MENTALIST SHUT DOWN RADO STATION

Meantime in the Big Apple the question is whether or not self professed mentalist Kreskin actually shut down a New York City radio station.

He believes that he did, but WOR on 70 KHz says otherwise. Here's the story.

According to news reports, Kreskin was a guest on WOR's "The Joey Reynolds Show." He was attempting an experiment where he was going to make listeners feel like they were freezing cold, using his power of suggestion.

Kreskin instructed listeners to turn off their air conditioning, and to reflect on the coldest experience of their life. After conditioning his subjects, he told them that after he spelled his name twice, K-R-E-S-K-I-N, and says the phrase, "chill out," they were all going to experience an uncanny arctic chill throughout their body.

After spelling his name twice and shouting, "chill out," Kreskin says that instant pandemonium broke out in the control room of the radio station.

WOR Radio went off the air for at least 30 seconds and the mentalist's public relations team says everyone at the station was asking if it was conceivable that The Amazing Kreskin shut down the network with his mental abilities? Did Kreskin zap WOR Radio Network?

Not so says a station spokesman. Radio World magazine checked the story out with WOR engineering executive Tom Ray tells.

Ray told Radio World that it was not Kreskins mind but an engineers finger that took the station off. Ray says that the board op accidentally hit a button on the Uninteruptable Power Supply system that interrupted it. That's what dumped the studio and it had nothing to do with Kreskin, Tom Ray says.

(Published reports)
scientia quod ethics super ususfructus

Laird
Pirate

Post by Laird » 08-12-2005 12:25 PM

I'm roaring with laughter ... that's way to funny
"Speak softly and carry a big stick" Teddy Roosevelt

Fred_Vobbe
Pirate

Post by Fred_Vobbe » 08-12-2005 12:32 PM

I saw that, and my first thought was ... I gotta get that to the FF real quick.

George should read it tonight.

What would be funny is to read it as the last story in the first hour. After he reads it if he would say "Do you really think someone could do that? I don't think it can be done. I mean, if everyone started thinking they could .... (click) .......", and then have 10 seconds of silence followed by the thunderbolt. :D
scientia quod ethics super ususfructus

Return to “Paranormal”