Your Spirit Guide

Discussion of unexplained phenomena, Crop Circles, OBEs, NDEs, ESP, remote viewing, ghosts, unusual coincidence, pre-cognition, group consciousness...

Moderator: Super Moderators

HurricaneJoanie
Pirate Queen

Your Spirit Guide

Post by HurricaneJoanie » 03-30-2005 07:25 PM

I'm sure many of you have read Anne Strieber's "diary" about her cat being her unexpected guide when she had her NDE.

So a question, Pirates . . . .

Who would you EXPECT to be your spirit guide, but who do you think will BE your guide?
It's either real or it's a dream, There's nothing that is in between. ~ Jeff Lynne

Laird
Pirate

Post by Laird » 03-31-2005 04:20 AM

Years ago I was curious about totems or guides when I realized
that death is a window, but life holds a doorway.

I believe that all living things/beasts house a soul as both my daughter and myself would learn from a paranormal visit from a departed pet. One evening when driving home we both
witnessed a horse running along side the car keeping pace The trouble was that horse died the month before. When my daughter asked me if I saw her, my reply was;
She wanted us to be aware that she's no longer in pain, that she is a free spirit. It was her way of saying good bye, thanking us for giving her love.

The tangle I find with needing a guide or a totem
its a phsycial/spiritual limitation.

The best advice I can give is I am
Last edited by Laird on 03-31-2005 04:22 AM, edited 1 time in total.
"Speak softly and carry a big stick" Teddy Roosevelt

searchingspirit
Pirate

deep peace and god bless

Post by searchingspirit » 04-05-2005 02:33 AM

I have always felt that anything that you truley connect with can be your guide. Any animal or even a person and if we are so lucky a true spiritual guide that we feel and sense.

HurricaneJoanie
Pirate Queen

Post by HurricaneJoanie » 04-22-2005 06:29 PM

Thanks, SS and Laird. SS, what I was referring to is your AFTERlife guide -- who do you think will meet you as you pass over, if anyone/anything truly does help one make the transition.

I'm thinking one of my dogs (who passed away 10 years ago) would be the one, based on a dream I had about incarnated as a teenage angel! I saw her in Heaven as a pretty 12-14 year old and she told me who she REALLY was....that would be really nice.

As I grow older, I'm really looking forward to that new life....
It's either real or it's a dream, There's nothing that is in between. ~ Jeff Lynne

searchingspirit
Pirate

Post by searchingspirit » 04-22-2005 10:31 PM

I'm sorry my misunderstanding. Yes it has crossed my mind who will meet us. I imagine it would be someone that would have a peaceful effect on us? And it could very well be that your dog could be the one. Who can say? I have in the past thought that I would like it to be my grandmother because of her kindness and she could calm me down if I were to be affraid. I hope that it will be peaceful. thank you for letting me share your thoughts. SS

moonchild2
Pirate

Post by moonchild2 » 04-23-2005 01:53 AM

My Grandmother died when I was four years old but she named me. I remember her carrying me around in her arms, must have been very little. I also remember poking my toungue out at her for something she must have scolded me for. She just gave me a look!

My feeling of her is that she was an "old soul" as she was kind and loved dearly by all of the family. I have always felt her presence near me.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 04-23-2005 04:29 PM

Moonchild2, your story parallels mine, my grandfather died when I was four and one half and I feel he is always with me. He was my protector than and now.

SAR01
Pirate

Post by SAR01 » 04-25-2005 09:45 PM

I believe I will have several pets meet up with me first, and then a group of Spiritual teachers and guides, then I believe I will "see" family and loved ones. many of my loved ones will "visit" periodically, but usually just to tell me something important.

I watched a movie with Robin Williams about how it was when he passed, and it is very close to what I believe. Vibrant colors, and surreal scenery....and love vibrations. I think it was "what dreams may come" or something like that.

mudwoman
Pirate

Post by mudwoman » 04-26-2005 01:27 AM

I hope this is not out of line Hurricane, but I would like to add something.

While I do not think there is an after life, as Ann experienced in the moving account she wrote in her diary on Unknown Country, I do belive we have spirit guides in life. I also believe that these guides often take animal forms. In shamanism, spirit guides are protectors, witnesses and pathfinders, or as Don Juan described them, Allies.

I have several spirit guides. One of my most important guides is the frog.

Here is an excerpt from 'Animal Speak' by Ted Andrews:

"Frogs have an ancient mythology about them. Being amphibians with links to the water and the land, they are often associated with the magic of both elements. This also links them to the lore of fairies and elves. Many shamanic societies - especially North and South American - link the frog with rain and control of the weather. Its voice is said to call forth the rains.

Because of its connection to water, it is also linked to lunar energies (the moon moves the tides of waters upon the planet) and those goddesses associated with the moon. The frog was an animal attributed to the Egyptian goddess Herit (Het Heru), who assisted Isis (Auset) in her ritual for resurrecting Osiris (Ausar).

Even as adults, frogs remain semi-aquatic. They live in damp areas. They need water and all that is associated with it symbolically or otherwise. If frog has hopped into your life, you may need to get in touch with the water element. It may reflect that there are new rains coming or that you need to call some new rains forth. Maybe old waters are becoming dirty and stagnant. Frog can teach you how to clean them up.

Emotions are often associated with water. Individuals with frog totems are very sensitive to the emotional states of others, and seem to know instinctively how to act and what to say. They know how to be sincerely sympathetic.

Frog holds the knowledge of weather and how to control it. Frog medicine can bring rains for every purpose - to cleanse, to heal, to help things grow, to flood, to stir. Its energies can be used to bring light showers or downpours for most any purpose.

The call of the frog is the call of the waters. The spring and summer are the times when frog's voice is strongest. These are its power times. Its call serves a variety of functions. It calls mates to it. It also serves as a release call for non-receptive females. It defines its territory and it warns of predators.

The frog is a totem of metamorphosis. It is a symbol of coming into one's own creative power. It changes from an egg, to a polliwog, to a frog. Even after it becomes a frog, it lives close to and spends much time in the water. It always has contact with the creative force out of which it came."

Thanks for letting me share this.

Sandy

SAR01
Pirate

Post by SAR01 » 04-26-2005 10:30 AM

that was a good read, I didn't know all that about the totem frog.

I don't like to hold them, but I sure have been "drawn" to them alot this spring, I have all kinds in my water feature, and I love to listen to their "song" at night.

HurricaneJoanie
Pirate Queen

Post by HurricaneJoanie » 04-26-2005 09:11 PM

mudwoman wrote: I hope this is not out of line Hurricane, but I would like to add something.

Certainly not "out of line", Sandy! Very interesting !

I was listening to Art's show with Dr. Moody today, and heard the bit about how some people seem to spring-to-life just before death. This is a lesson I learned at around age 7 from my tiny pet-shop turtle, Sam. Just before he died, he became VERY active, moving very quickly across the floor, under the furniture. He had been quite sick, and I thought it was a miracle he was making such a quick recovery, but then, just as quickly, he died.

I never forgot that, and noticed the same trait in humans as I grew up and was around dying relatives or friends, and noticed that spurt of renewal just before they passed -- exactly as Dr. Moody spoke about with Art. I always felt Sam taught me that, and was just thinking today that maybe Sam -- in spirit form -- would be one of those who would greet me when I passed. So your piece about frogs fits right in my thought processes today. Thanks!

HJ
Last edited by HurricaneJoanie on 04-26-2005 09:13 PM, edited 1 time in total.

sayntbrigid
Pirate

Post by sayntbrigid » 05-04-2005 12:30 PM

There are a special few that this thread brings to mind. For me it would be hard to say, and hard to choose one if I had to. Suffice it to say that this thread brings more than one tear to my eye.

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 06-17-2011 12:46 AM

HurricaneJoanie wrote: Who would you EXPECT to be your spirit guide, but who do you think will BE your guide?
I dont think there is anyway you coukld possibly know!

But i have heard EVERY LIVING THING has a spirit assigned to them (Guardian Angel) and they are there to help the person if they need help,etc........

I wonder if a person commits murder for no reason,DO THEY NOT WANT TO HELP THEM ANYMORE?

Return to “Paranormal”