Syncronicity - coincidence with a meaning

George Noory/Guests, Commentary,
Radio topics

Moderator: Super Moderators

Moondog
Pirate

Syncronicity, just mean coincidence with a meaning. so...

Post by Moondog » 05-08-2009 05:31 PM

GN does believe in coinicidence, but only ones with meanings. merriam webster might be good to check someone should call in and tell GN that. hehe

pardon my spelling and typing not enough coffee just aking up. and took allot of melatonin last night the stuff is like a wonder drug if youre a insomniac night owl. just dont take much and ask your Doctor beforehand.
Not exploring space, is like living in a mansion, and only sitting in the washroom, cause you don't want to walk up the stair's...

Moondog
Pirate

Post by Moondog » 05-12-2009 04:52 PM

Not exploring space, is like living in a mansion, and only sitting in the washroom, cause you don't want to walk up the stair's...

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 05-13-2009 07:58 AM

You might want to read The Case of the Midwife Toad by the late Arthur Koestler. It tells the story of the Austrian biologist Paul Kammerer, his research into Lamarckian inheritance, and most appropriately here, his investigation of the phenomena of synchronicity (events occurring at the same time) and seriality (the same event occurring again and again).

And then there is that famous work of Jung's old age, On Synchronicity, which is the source of so much subsequent work on the phenomenon, including Koestler's.
"Fuggedah about it, Jake --- it's Chinatown!"

Moondog
Pirate

Post by Moondog » 05-13-2009 05:01 PM

will search for it at used book shops. i tend to really like project gutenberg.org. so i can download books for free and save a tree, hey that rhymed.

cherry
Pirate

Post by cherry » 05-14-2009 10:01 PM

I'd rather listen to music any day -- I can't stand interruptions every fifteen minutes reading a book these days. AT the top of the hour [WHAM], fifteen minutes after the hour [WHAM], thirty minutes after the hour [WHAM], forty five minutes after the hour [WHAM] and the top of the hour [WHAM]

Since Epiphany, 1997. What a drag. Where is the justice in this world? J-U-S-T-I-C-E

Anyway, when I listen to loud music, the WHAM it is not as obnoxious as it is reading a book. The creeps ..... probably CIA contract employee. TORTURE
Last edited by cherry on 05-14-2009 10:03 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “George Noory/C2C AM Topics/Radio topics”