Memories?

George Noory/Guests, Commentary,
Radio topics

Moderator: Super Moderators

Atheen
Pirate

Memories?

Post by Atheen » 04-25-2009 10:58 AM

About the first hour guest, James Choron...I seem to remember that event CLEARLY on an episode of "Twilight Zone". That made it hard to keep a straight face while listening. Apparently Choron had a hard time keeping a straight face and snickered throughout.

I would ask, "How dumb do they think we are", but as I WAS listening, maybe I don't want to go there. Anyway, couldn't make it past the first hour.

Coast to Coast is swimming HARD for the bottom.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 04-25-2009 11:56 AM

Not to defend James Choron, I also remember the Twilight Zone show, but you never know it could have been based on fact as some of those shows were.

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Post by Live365 » 04-25-2009 12:28 PM

That's what I was thinking, that the "Twilight" episode itself was based on these factual events, and not the other way around. But I do find Atheen's thread provoking. When I first started listening religiously to C2C in 2001, I believed -- naively or no -- nearly everything I heard. As the years progressed, I found myself getting more and more skeptical, and now I actually "buy into" very little of what I hear. And I truthfully don't think it's me getting jaded. I think it's the show that has lost it's credibility, as well as the long-standing guests (Richard and Ed Dames, to name two). I cherry-pick shows now that involve information or scholarship -- Ian's recent show about biblical contradictions, for example (though I still have a tough time tolerating Ian) -- while disregarding the shows with topics I used to love. It makes me sad, but it's safer this way. I don't feel foolish in the morning.
Last edited by Live365 on 04-25-2009 12:30 PM, edited 1 time in total.
Did you ever stop to think, and then forget to start again?

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 04-25-2009 12:32 PM

Shirleypal wrote: Not to defend James Choron, I also remember the Twilight Zone show, but you never know it could have been based on fact as some of those shows were.

These episodes were part of the "Twilight Zone" original series which was telecast from 1958 to 1964 and Choron claims the event he discussed occurred in 1997.
racehorse

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 04-25-2009 12:34 PM

Most (All?) episodes of the "Twilight Zone" were fiction. A similar program telecast in the same era called "One Step Beyond" was allegedly based on fact for all of it's episodes.
Last edited by racehorse on 04-25-2009 12:52 PM, edited 1 time in total.
racehorse

starbrite
Pirate

Post by starbrite » 04-25-2009 01:16 PM

You know that if George would have been hosting last nite, the Twilight Zone expert that he is, he would have immediately picked up on it. It would have never taken off and flown except maybe in fun.

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 04-25-2009 01:19 PM

starbrite wrote: You know that if George would have been hosting last nite, the Twilight Zone expert that he is, he would have immediately picked up on it. It would have never taken off and flown except maybe in fun.

I am not convinced George really is an expert on the "Twilight Zone". I know he talks about the show often, though. Usually the same few episodes, however.
racehorse

Atheen
Pirate

Post by Atheen » 04-25-2009 06:12 PM

Live365 wrote: That's what I was thinking, that the "Twilight" episode itself was based on these factual events, and not the other way around. But I do find Atheen's thread provoking. When I first started listening religiously to C2C in 2001, I believed -- naively or no -- nearly everything I heard. As the years progressed, I found myself getting more and more skeptical, and now I actually "buy into" very little of what I hear. And I truthfully don't think it's me getting jaded. I think it's the show that has lost it's credibility, as well as the long-standing guests (Richard and Ed Dames, to name two). I cherry-pick shows now that involve information or scholarship -- Ian's recent show about biblical contradictions, for example (though I still have a tough time tolerating Ian) -- while disregarding the shows with topics I used to love. It makes me sad, but it's safer this way. I don't feel foolish in the morning.
So, you're saying that either we are getting wiser or the show is getting dumber? I think the hosts are either so ignorant or so young that they don't catch this stuff before it airs. I guess I should include their producers in that as well. At least, we can spot something coming around AGAIN as we mature. I was disappointed that the show wasn't better and certainly more original. Racehorse's time line is the clincher.

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Post by Live365 » 04-26-2009 02:01 PM

Atheen wrote: So, you're saying that either we are getting wiser or the show is getting dumber?

Atheen, I'm saying the show is getting dumber. I hope to never see the day when I relinquish my belief in the paranormal, even out of wisdom. But I can't hear about it anymore from people like Richard C. Hoagland. Or a guy who prefaces every sentence with the phrase "if you buy my book...". Or from a host who turns an entire program over to a guy who can't distinguish reality from a television show he saw once. I cherry-pick the shows I listen to now. I've had to do it for months. But the pickens are getting slimmer.........
Did you ever stop to think, and then forget to start again?

LarryZeppo
Pirate

Hello, strangers

Post by LarryZeppo » 06-04-2009 04:07 AM

Last time I was here, Noory was threatening legal action against this place for hurting his feelings. That is, correcting his mistakes. A fellow who goes by the name of "Men with Mops" tells me that Noory brow beat another forum into censoring criticism of the program. You didn't, Standing O for FF! When Noory started censoring his own callers with an overzealous screener, listeners needed a place to speak up. Again, good for FF.

In closing, George Noory's brain is so small the alien implants are stoop-shouldered.

Best to you all.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 06-04-2009 07:18 PM

Standing O for FF! When Noory started censoring his own callers with an overzealous screener, listeners needed a place to speak up. Again, good for FF.

Glad you approve Larry Zeppo....:)

Moondog
Pirate

Post by Moondog » 06-17-2009 09:13 PM

the most Canadian neo con radio staion in Toronto loves C2C, so what does that tell ya's lol. i wont give the name of the station, but its basically run by people who think the poor should be sent to Siberia, or shot...
Not exploring space, is like living in a mansion, and only sitting in the washroom, cause you don't want to walk up the stair's...

Return to “George Noory/C2C AM Topics/Radio topics”