Michio Kaku on tonight's show

George Noory/Guests, Commentary,
Radio topics

Moderator: Super Moderators

Coastin
Pirate

Michio Kaku on tonight's show

Post by Coastin » 04-22-2009 12:33 PM

Art Bell's interviews with Kaku are some of my favorite all time shows. Not sure how it is going to turn out with GN. I will likely listen to this show, but not sure if I'll be able to make it through the whole thing.

I am sure it will be one canned question after another the entire show, without the depth that makes the show interesting with Art.

Coastin

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 04-22-2009 12:36 PM

Strange that Kaku is going to on Coast tonight since Art is on this Friday, strange indeed, I won't be listening, I follow Kaku very closely and sure he isn't going to say anything new tonight.

rumike
Pirate

Re: Michio Kaku on tonight's show

Post by rumike » 04-22-2009 01:04 PM

Coastin wrote: Not sure how it is going to turn out with GN.

I can only imagine.

Kaku: "So the further you look out into space, the more distantly you're looking back into time."

Noory: "That's so true. Hey, do you think that it could just be angelic beings who are showing us pictures of what the universe looked like back in time?"

Kaku (being polite): "Well, there's no way we can rule that out."

Noory: "I think so too."
Anchors Aweigh!

Shirleypal
Pirate

Re: Re: Michio Kaku on tonight's show

Post by Shirleypal » 04-22-2009 01:14 PM

rumike wrote: I can only imagine.

Kaku: "So the further you look out into space, the more distantly you're looking back into time."

Noory: "That's so true. Hey, do you think that it could just be angelic beings who are showing us pictures of what the universe looked like back in time?"

Thanks for letting me know what I am not missing.

badspell
Pirate

Post by badspell » 04-22-2009 02:04 PM

Kaku without Art?

That could be interesting or nooooot.

Funny Rumike…. I will listen out of curiosity myself
:D
All hear few listen

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 04-22-2009 02:43 PM

Rumike, your post was very nasty! I am so envious that I did not write it myself...
"Fuggedah about it, Jake --- it's Chinatown!"

Psychicwolf
Pirate

Post by Psychicwolf » 04-22-2009 02:52 PM

joequinn wrote: Rumike, your post was very nasty! I am so envious that I did not write it myself...
I agree...brilliant and I am afraid all too true. :D
I am going to have to listen out of morbid curiosity to see just how bad it gets.
Dance to heal the earth. Not just when you're dancing, but always. Live the dance, whenever you move, in all you do, dance to heal the earth.

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 04-22-2009 03:03 PM

Noory is such an egomaniac that he has to take on Art Bell on Art's own ground and do better than he! What a joke!

Dr. Kaku is a national treasure, a man who not only has thorough knowledge of his subject but who is supremely gifted in communicating its essence clearly and simply. But, for all of Dr. Kaku's skill and enthusiasm, the message of science still depresses me. The whole thing is such a bummer, once you brush aside the bells and whistles and fireworks. Science is quite a scam, as a matter of fact: it never gives you all the goodies that it claims that it will give you. And only a Dr. Kaku or a Discovery Channel special can get me interested enough in science to listen.
"Fuggedah about it, Jake --- it's Chinatown!"

starbrite
Pirate

Post by starbrite » 04-22-2009 04:26 PM

Here is my suggestion for the show tonite. Let's pretend that this is a show and interview that Art Bell would do? What kind of questions would Art ask? If you know the answer, post a page of questions. Then, all is well. No prep work has to be done. They can just lift the interview from the Fantastic Forum website. You can drink a shot or two, distort the radio volume some, maybe half tune out the channel, and then dream that it is actually Art Bell. This is the best solution I can come up with brainstorming in ten seconds.

badspell
Pirate

Post by badspell » 04-22-2009 05:43 PM

joequinn wrote: Noory is such an egomaniac that he has to take on Art Bell on Art's own ground and do better than he! What a joke!

Dr. Kaku is a national treasure, a man who not only has thorough knowledge of his subject but who is supremely gifted in communicating its essence clearly and simply. But, for all of Dr. Kaku's skill and enthusiasm, the message of science still depresses me. The whole thing is such a bummer, once you brush aside the bells and whistles and fireworks. Science is quite a scam, as a matter of fact: it never gives you all the goodies that it claims that it will give you. And only a Dr. Kaku or a Discovery Channel special can get me interested enough in science to listen.

Talk about the intersection of sarcasm and truth.

Dr. Kaku is my favorite guests. Definitely will give a listen.

The use and understanding of the word bummer my friend dates us.
:D
All hear few listen

Moondog
Pirate

Re: Re: Michio Kaku on tonight's show

Post by Moondog » 04-22-2009 05:56 PM

rumike wrote: I can only imagine.

lmao

Kaku is amazing. it is strange Art isnt interviewing him.
Not exploring space, is like living in a mansion, and only sitting in the washroom, cause you don't want to walk up the stair's...

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 04-22-2009 05:59 PM

Perhaps the show will have an 'Earth Day' theme. If so - prepare to be horrified on that basis alone.

I fondly recall Art's questions to Kaku regarding the dark matter all around the Blue Planet - and the relative 'nearness' of the wandering blackholes in our galaxy. The tone of barely hidden anxiety in Art's voice... LoL ... while Kaku rolls out the possible doom scenarios in such a glib and friendly manner...

Yah. Think I will listen. Just for Michio Kaku.
;)

He'll have his unique way of dealing with GN.

Moondog
Pirate

Post by Moondog » 04-22-2009 09:37 PM

i bet 50 cents they discuss reincarnation... J/k about the 50 cents i am broke.
Not exploring space, is like living in a mansion, and only sitting in the washroom, cause you don't want to walk up the stair's...

Kaztronic

Post by Kaztronic » 04-23-2009 02:31 AM

Gosh, this show tonight is pretty awful.

Half the time Noory asks a question or makes a comment, Michio Kaku almost gives a little chuckle - as if to say: "are you kidding me?"

Noory, is as expected, out of his league.
Image "You'll get used to my babbling, all the others have." - Anna Madrigal from "Tales Of The City" by Armistead Maupin

wcstflyer
Pirate

Post by wcstflyer » 04-23-2009 08:20 AM

When I first read saw that Dr. Michio Kaku was going to be interviewed by George my heart was in my throat. To anyone familiar with George Noory it's like asking actor Leslie Nielsen as Lt. Frank Drebin (Naked Gun) to perform neurosurgery. Art Bell has a foundation and a mind for science, George has a mind for conservative politics with a minor in finance. I was sure this would be a disaster.

Thankfully with Dr. Kaku all one has to do is put the show on autopilot and let Kaku carry the ball. There were very small instances of dead air and it's very evident that physics and Max Planck weren't a strong point for George back in school, but thankfully he got through it.

Return to “George Noory/C2C AM Topics/Radio topics”