Fred Thompson to Replace O'Reilly "Radio Factor"

George Noory/Guests, Commentary,
Radio topics

Moderator: Super Moderators

racehorse
Pirate

Fred Thompson to Replace O'Reilly "Radio Factor"

Post by racehorse » 12-23-2008 01:28 AM

Fred Thompson should be an interesting talk radio host having served in the United States Senate and as an actor in television shows and movies. I look forward to listening to him.
--

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/con ... 947541a421

Fred Thompson lands radio show
Will replace 'Radio Factor' beginning March 2

By Kimberly Nordyke

Dec 22, 2008, 09:16 PM ET

Actor and former presidential candidate Fred Thompson is getting his own radio show.

Westwood One said Monday that "The Fred Thompson Show" will debut March 2, replacing "The Radio Factor With Bill O'Reilly," which ends its six-year run Feb. 27. O'Reilly announced his decision to step down from the show this month, saying the workload for his radio and TV duties had become too much.

In his show, Thompson will share his views on politics, topical issues and pop culture stories as well as conduct guest interviews and take listener calls. The two-hour show, broadcast from the Westwood One studios in Washington, will air live from noon-2 p.m. weekdays.

Thompson, also a former U.S. senator, most recently co-starred in NBC's "Law & Order" and HBO's "Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee" before taking time off from acting to run for the Republican nomination for president last year.
Last edited by racehorse on 12-23-2008 01:59 AM, edited 1 time in total.
racehorse

Ziroc
Pirate

Post by Ziroc » 12-23-2008 12:00 PM

More boring political radio.. a dime a dozen. :( You would think radio stations would stop and say 'hey, there are 1000's of political talk shows, lets do something new/diff'

THAT is why Art was #1.. Just sucks no one else--that is good--is that risky.
Ziroc™
"I thought there was no Chill town!" - Howie Gordon - BB6/BB7 AS

Iris
Pirate

Post by Iris » 12-23-2008 05:51 PM

Fred Thompson? I hope it's broadcase late at night. It will help everyone get to sleep. ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ;)
We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. B. Franklin

Starrphyre
Pirate

Re: Fred Thompson to Replace O'Reilly "Radio Factor&quo

Post by Starrphyre » 12-23-2008 10:01 PM

racehorse wrote: Fred Thompson should be an interesting talk radio host having served in the United States Senate and as an actor in television shows and movies. I look forward to listening to him. [/B]
I agree, racehorse. I think I will very much enjoy listening to Fred Thompson. I just wish he was replacing Dr. Laura Schlessinger (I can't spell it and I don't care!) She and her sad sack callers give me the heebie jeebies and it seems like she is on all day! Problem is, we have only one AM station here in Podunksville. At least we do get Coast on it.
Before God we are all equally wise--and equally foolish. ~ Albert Einstein

racehorse
Pirate

Re: Re: Fred Thompson to Replace O'Reilly "Radio Factor

Post by racehorse » 12-23-2008 10:26 PM

Starrphyre wrote: At least we do get Coast on it.
:)
racehorse

eagle
Pirate

Post by eagle » 12-26-2008 02:12 AM

Iris wrote: Fred Thompson? I hope it's broadcase late at night. It will help everyone get to sleep. ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ;)

I agree I don't think they could have picked a worse person, he will definitely put people to sleep.

With all these negative political radio talk show I wish they would put on some comedy for a couple of hours to break the depressive state of mind for a while.

racehorse
Pirate

Re: Fred Thompson to Replace O'Reilly "Radio Factor&quo

Post by racehorse » 12-26-2008 02:23 AM

Iris wrote: Fred Thompson? I hope it's broadcase late at night.

Originally from the Article posted by racehorse
The two-hour show, broadcast from the Westwood One studios in Washington, will air live from noon-2 p.m. weekdays.

;) :D
racehorse

jjflyer
Pirate

Post by jjflyer » 12-30-2008 02:51 AM

I really hope my affiliate doesn't pick this up :o

Return to “George Noory/C2C AM Topics/Radio topics”