Bizzare

George Noory/Guests, Commentary,
Radio topics

Moderator: Super Moderators

eagle
Pirate

Post by eagle » 05-27-2009 12:20 AM

George Noory was the wrong person to interview Dimond. I think they should have asked Art to interview him or maybe one of the other hosts just not Noory.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 05-27-2009 12:23 AM

I don't listen to Noory but how can they have a crook on Coast, I don't think Art would interview him.....this is a new low if that is possible.

starrmtn001
Jester Mod

Post by starrmtn001 » 05-27-2009 09:26 AM

Shirleypal wrote: I don't listen to Noory but how can they have a crook on Coast, I don't think Art would interview him.....this is a new low if that is possible.

With that yellow journalist (and I use the term "journalist" loosely), Mel's Hole is the limit.;)

USSGoblin
Pirate

Post by USSGoblin » 05-27-2009 10:10 AM

I sure liked the way Art Bell used to mix it up. One show that sticks in my mind from so long ago, maybe even the first show i heard, not sure tho, Eric Burden. The worst and most bizare, that Kreskin nut.

The audience continued to grow when George Norry took over. In fact, it was George Noory that made the official announcement on the air when I was finally in remission.

But Art was great, he made the guests that were almost pure BS entertaining. Even the show when Art slammed the door on Kreskin.

There are a lot of "priests" that make the claim they follow the Catholic style, doctrine, what ever, and they are not even with the Catholic church, or have got the boot, or left for their own reasons. Speaking of the catholic Church, a very special event will happen today for me, something that is rarely done ever, The Catholic Bishop is coming to my home today, I am being Confirmed in a private ceremony, and the Bishop himself is presiding over the ceremony. I never requested a Bishop, he found out about me at a reception, and the Bishop said he will Confirm me himself. The Bishop does preside over the Confirmation every two years at the church for the regular Confirmation, but never over a private one in one's home. This is a great honor for me. Sure, no big deal for Non Catholics, but one must be true to their own faith.
Raymond, Cancer Survivor
Founder of The Kids Cancer Tree
and The USS GOBLIN. :)

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 05-27-2009 10:25 AM

The audience continued to grow when George Norry took over. In fact, it was George Noory that made the official announcement on the air when I was finally in remission

That was great news Ray but how can you say the audience continuned to grow when he took over, Art averaged around 20 million listeners a week and it is now down to 2-3 million a week, that isn't growth, I am amazed Coast is still on the air.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 05-27-2009 11:38 AM

starrmtn001 wrote: With that yellow journalist (and I use the term "journalist" loosely), Mel's Hole is the limit.;)

starr I am litterly talking about a real crook in Dimond , did you read Jan's post about......Mel's hole was fun true or not, no comparison here.

By Rebecca Tushnet (all)

Hoyle v. Dimond, 2009 WL 604899 (W.D.N.Y.)

Defendants operate the not-for-profit Most Holy Family Monastery (MHFM). Hoyle entered the monastery in 2005, intending to become a Benedictine monk. Defendant Frederick Dimond (who goes by the name Brother Michael Dimond, OSB) told Hoyle that MHFM dated to the 1960s and that Dimond was a Benedictine monk who supervised the monastery. Hoyle gave MHFM cash of over $65,000, then decided to become a postulate, which Dimond told him required him to turn over his worldly possessions to MHFM. Hoyle thus gave MHFM $1.2 million in stock, then executed a document stating he was to receive $750,000 if he left the monastery. He later found out that MHFM was not a Benedictine monastery, that Brother Michael was not a member of the Order of St. Benedict, and that he couldn?t become a Benedictine monk through MHFM. He sued to recover money he donated to MHFM in reliance on its representations regarding its affiliation with the Order of St. Benedict, alleging fraud, negligent misrepresentation, unjust enrichment, and money had and received.

http://www.uslaw.com/library/Consum...php?item=418517

starrmtn001
Jester Mod

Post by starrmtn001 » 05-27-2009 07:01 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Shirleypal
starr I am litterly talking about a real crook in Dimond , did you read Jan's post about......Mel's hole was fun true or not, no comparison here.

Shirley. I was referring to the "depth" of Mel's Hole regarding how low gn is willing to sink for a story.

Using Mel's Hole was a bad metaphor and I do apologize.:o

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 05-27-2009 07:11 PM

No apology needed starr......all I am saying is that Art would never knowingly have a guest on who is proven to be a crook.....I sent the article to Coast on Dimond and they chose to have him on anyway.

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 05-27-2009 07:31 PM

Brother Dimond has been sued in a civil action, this is not a criminal action and the case is not over and remains unresolved. Art has also interviewed convicted felons (unlike Dimond) in the past, Kevin Mitnick is one that comes to mind quickly. Dimond is interesting if fanatical and I believe Art would interview him.
racehorse

Jan
Pirate

Post by Jan » 05-28-2009 11:51 PM

Most of the tall tale characters were interesting and a hoot. My favorite was the small plane being shot down over area 51. He sounded like he was in a bathroom. It was so well done. Bravo!

The character with an alien in a freezer was fun. Mel's Hole was one of the first Coast shows I heard. Those first couple shows on the hole sounded believable to me. That last show about the hole in Nevada got beyond my imagination.

The phone hacker did his time and is now legitimate. He's interesting.

There were so many wonderful tall tales.

This deal with Dimond is over the line to me. He uses his opposition to the Roman Catholic Church to make himself rich at the same time calling himself Catholic. Some of his ideas I find agreeable. Other of his ideas I find dangerous in the extreme. When I look at Dimond I see hate. As opposed to the feelings we have when we look at a true and faithful Roman Catholic priest such as Martin.

Dimond is in the darkness and serves the dark, much as Coast has come to serve the darkness after that idiotic Ouija board publicity stunt. It's gone so downhill from there. The joy is gone. The light is gone. It's now like one long parade of death, darkness, wackos, profiteers. Geez, somebody slap me! Then I wake up and enjoy someone like Fanthorp. There are a few jewels left, I suppose.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 05-28-2009 11:57 PM

Jan good post.:) I cannot speak for Dimond as I have never heard him and don't care to...his web site alone tells me all I need to know......

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 05-29-2009 12:02 AM

Jan wrote: Then I wake up and enjoy someone like Fanthorp. There are a few jewels left, I suppose.

Lionel Fanthorpe is a jewel indeed. I wish Art would interview him sometime. I think he is the greatest and most interesting guest "Coast" has ever had that has only been interviewed by George.
racehorse

cherry
Pirate

Post by cherry » 05-31-2009 08:03 AM

George interviewed Whitley Strieber the same night he interviewed the psychic vampire ..... :(

Return to “George Noory/C2C AM Topics/Radio topics”