Bizzare

George Noory/Guests, Commentary,
Radio topics

Moderator: Super Moderators

CKtheoutsider
Pirate

Post by CKtheoutsider » 04-02-2009 05:49 AM

I apologize for not posting much, but I'm guessing like many others here, I don't listen to the show anymore. I only subscribe to Streamlink to listen to the Somewhere in Time shows. They're great. I love hearing the Open Lines shows from years ago. It's like being transported back, with all the events that were going on at the time. Plus I loved hearing Charlie Liberal, among other regulars that used to call. I eagerly wait each weekend to see what show will come up next. I even listen to old shows I have collected over the years. But I've felt compelled to say this for some time, but I just didn't get around to it. And it may even be similar to previous post Ziroc made a few months ago. I thought George was okay at first and I listened daily, but that was up until either 2005 or 2006, and then it just got boring. But not because of the guests or the topics covered. The thing I loved when Art was the host was that the show was so spontaneous. Anything could happen. Especially with open lines. Even with a guest, the way he'd interview them, it was fun. I always liked his personality and sense of humor. This may sound like I'm nit picking, but he would even open and end the shows slightly differently each night. It was such a great thing. But I was younger, and couldn't listen on a regular basis, and I wish that I could have. Because now that I have the time and money, the show isn't worth listening to. It's all so scripted and planned now. George opens the show the same, has open lines for the 1st hour, and then a guest for the rest of the show. And even the Friday night open lines aren't that good. I like Ian and always have. I try to catch the show when he hosts, but that's it. And even though Art retired the first time, then came back, the show was still good. There were some great shows. But once Art turned the show over to George, that was pretty much the end. One can't compare George and Art, and I try not to. But Art is the only guy who can do this show justice. And it's great that he is spending time with his family, and is happy. I bet he loves the fans, but he needs to do what he needs to. Not sure if this post contributes anything, I just felt the need to get this out. Take care.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 04-02-2009 11:47 AM

CKtheoutsider you should give George Knapp a listen, he is only on two Sundays a month but is the closest to Art then any other host that has been on Coast.

CKtheoutsider
Pirate

Post by CKtheoutsider » 04-02-2009 04:08 PM

I will do that. I've heard a few shows where George Knapp was a guest and I thought he was good. I think one of them being the Skinwalker Ranch show a few years ago. Thanks for the suggestion.

cherry
Pirate

Ian Punnett

Post by cherry » 04-13-2009 07:04 AM

They've quit playing the two hour re-run from 4 a.m. till 6 a.m.
after the C2C live show on Saturdays and Sundays. :( :( :(

thalia
Pirate

Might this apply to C2C as well?

Post by thalia » 04-14-2009 09:01 AM

Hello all,

It's been quite a while since I've looked in here, as I cannot abide listening to C2C anymore.

I have to admit I was shocked to see Cherry's comments, as she always tried to be kind to, and supportive of George. But sooner or later there comes a time when one has to admit what a sad excuse for a show C2C has become.

I was browsing an aggregator site this morning (LinkFilter) and came across this column. I wondered whether C2C might also be given away, the way Limbaugh's show is. It might explain why so many stations carry this now dead horse (C2C).
Ever wonder why Rush "Boss" Limbaugh's syndicated radio show is all over the place like the proverbial cheap suit?
It's because -- ready for this? -- Rush's show was, and presumably still is, given away for free to many local radio stations.

This shocker is because of a little-known practice in broadcast syndication called a "barter deal." (Barter deals were briefly mentioned in Michael Wolff's first-rate recent piece on Rush in Vanity Fair).

Here's how a barter deal works: To launch the show, Limbaugh's syndicator, Premiere Radio Networks -- the same folks who syndicate wingnut du jour Glen Beck -- gave Limbaugh's three hours away -- that's right, no cash -- to local radio stations, mostly in medium and smaller markets, back in the early 1990's.

So, a local talk station got Rush's show for zilch. In exchange, Premiere took for itself much of the local station's available advertising time (roughly 15 minutes an hour) and packed the show with national ads it had already pre-sold.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bill-mann ... 85965.html
"But I don’t want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want sin." (Aldous Huxley)

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 04-14-2009 09:49 AM

It is true thalia, Coast is part of that bundle and if stations want some of the day time programs where all the advertising is paid for they have no choice but to carry Coast. This was addressed in another thread a year or two ago, so I guess it's not such a big secret. This practice by Clear Channel has nothing to do with other affilates, they own so many of them and do what they want to promote themself, think that is called a monopoly.

starbrite
Pirate

Post by starbrite » 04-14-2009 06:54 PM

You know Clear Channel may have a monopoly on the overnite hours, but there are other alternatives. I predict some kind of breakthrough will surface.

By the way, has anyone tried to access the Coast website tonite? I did and they are now forcing you to go to the beta site. I am very sad, everything must come to an end. Now, I see the head of the George on the site, like he has been taxidermided I am sure, if you do not have one, that some hunters or fishermen will make a big kill and then have the head stuffed and put on the mantle. That is what the head of Noory reminds me of. PremRad has shot Coast full of holes with the Noory kill, they have stuffed George's head and he now adorns the website and the "Coastzone" newsletter. I have dressed in black tonite and I will l be in mourning this weekend.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 04-14-2009 07:00 PM

starbrite you can take off your mourning duds this weekend, we will have a Classic show with Art Sat. evening Somewhere In Time and Sunday night Mr. George Knapp who really does get it, you can go back to mourning on Monday. Oh and if we are lucky Ian may just have a decent guest Sat. night.

starbrite
Pirate

Post by starbrite » 04-14-2009 08:08 PM

Shirleypal wrote: starbrite you can take off your mourning duds this weekend, we will have a Classic show with Art Sat. evening Somewhere In Time and Sunday night Mr. George Knapp who really does get it, you can go back to mourning on Monday. Oh and if we are lucky Ian may just have a decent guest Sat. night.

Thanks, for reminding me that, I was lost in my grief. (Grin) I love all of those hosts. I suppose I should limit my grieving for Monday-Friday, midnite until four Central.

cherry
Pirate

Post by cherry » 05-08-2009 10:09 PM

Another program on mind control ...... zapppppppp
bzzzzzzzz! I'm lucky to be alive this morning. :eek:

cherry
Pirate

Post by cherry » 05-09-2009 07:50 AM

Thanks, George. :cool: :o

cherry
Pirate

The United States will not torture!

Post by cherry » 05-25-2009 08:37 AM

George Noory
Tonight's Show on C2C
Monday, May 25th:

Traditional Catholic Benedictine Monk for over 15 years, Brother Michael Dimond
http://www.mostholyfamilymonastery.com/ will discuss why he believes UFOs are demonic spiritual entities, and the amazing parallels between alien abductions and
demonic possession.
Those who are abducted are "POSSESSED"?

God have mercy on you!

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 05-25-2009 11:06 AM

cherry wrote: Those who are abducted are "POSSESSED"?

I happily note the question mark and that you are responding to the "Coast" description of Brother Dimond's position, cherry.

So I take it this is not a definitive statement of "fact" in your view, but instead a deliberately provocative inquiry meant to demonstrate the absurdity of the theory. Well done. :) :cool:

Whitley Strieber, Travis Walton, and others don't seem to fit the criterion of the "possessed" to me either. ;)
racehorse

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 05-25-2009 01:09 PM

Brother Dimond and J.C. had an interesting confrontation on the July 10, 2006 edition of "Coast".

;) :D :eek: :rolleyes:

Go to:

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2006/07/10

and click on "J.C. Calls In" to listen. :)
racehorse

Jan
Pirate

Post by Jan » 05-25-2009 08:59 PM

The first time I heard that Dimond character on Coast, my BS meter went off the charts. Then I did a little research on him and found out he's a nut case. There is no poorer quality of guest.

Tonight I looked around and found an article over at the USLaw.com website. This is the first paragraph.
Who's the patron saint of disappointed postulants?

By Rebecca Tushnet (all)

Hoyle v. Dimond, 2009 WL 604899 (W.D.N.Y.)

Defendants operate the not-for-profit Most Holy Family Monastery (MHFM). Hoyle entered the monastery in 2005, intending to become a Benedictine monk. Defendant Frederick Dimond (who goes by the name Brother Michael Dimond, OSB) told Hoyle that MHFM dated to the 1960s and that Dimond was a Benedictine monk who supervised the monastery. Hoyle gave MHFM cash of over ,000, then decided to become a postulate, which Dimond told him required him to turn over his worldly possessions to MHFM. Hoyle thus gave MHFM
Who's the patron saint of disappointed postulants?

By Rebecca Tushnet (all)

Hoyle v. Dimond, 2009 WL 604899 (W.D.N.Y.)

Defendants operate the not-for-profit Most Holy Family Monastery (MHFM). Hoyle entered the monastery in 2005, intending to become a Benedictine monk. Defendant Frederick Dimond (who goes by the name Brother Michael Dimond, OSB) told Hoyle that MHFM dated to the 1960s and that Dimond was a Benedictine monk who supervised the monastery. Hoyle gave MHFM cash of over $65,000, then decided to become a postulate, which Dimond told him required him to turn over his worldly possessions to MHFM. Hoyle thus gave MHFM $1.2 million in stock, then executed a document stating he was to receive $750,000 if he left the monastery. He later found out that MHFM was not a Benedictine monastery, that Brother Michael was not a member of the Order of St. Benedict, and that he couldn?t become a Benedictine monk through MHFM. He sued to recover money he donated to MHFM in reliance on its representations regarding its affiliation with the Order of St. Benedict, alleging fraud, negligent misrepresentation, unjust enrichment, and money had and received.

http://www.uslaw.com/library/Consumer_L ... tem=418517
.2 million in stock, then executed a document stating he was to receive 0,000 if he left the monastery. He later found out that MHFM was not a Benedictine monastery, that Brother Michael was not a member of the Order of St. Benedict, and that he couldn?t become a Benedictine monk through MHFM. He sued to recover money he donated to MHFM in reliance on its representations regarding its affiliation with the Order of St. Benedict, alleging fraud, negligent misrepresentation, unjust enrichment, and money had and received.

http://www.uslaw.com/library/Consumer_L ... tem=418517

Return to “George Noory/C2C AM Topics/Radio topics”