George Knapp Semi Regular Host On Coast

George Noory/Guests, Commentary,
Radio topics

Moderator: Super Moderators

Waverider
Pirate

Post by Waverider » 07-30-2007 07:59 PM

" just knowing a person of Knapp's background and demeanor (not wimpy) was being brought on-board by Premier gives me hope." -wcstflyer-

Yes' it was a real pleasure...

Knapp' surely has the moxie for Coast.

If only....

claypool
Pirate

Post by claypool » 07-30-2007 09:06 PM

Yeah, I tuned in to Knapp last night and I was very impressed, he did a great job!!!

:)

DeathValleyScotty
Pirate

Post by DeathValleyScotty » 07-31-2007 01:26 AM

ibme wrote: "Knapp has won 11 Emmy Awards." Ouch! Don't look George (or try to do the math), It'll be scary!

Perhaps Jorge can do the math with a Ouija board.

thalia
Pirate

Post by thalia » 07-31-2007 04:06 AM

^ ROFL
Since 1995, George has been the chief reporter on Channel 8's I-Team investigative unit. In that capacity, he has earned two regional Edward R. Murrow awards and a national Edward R. Murrow award for his investigative stories on the voter registration fraud in the Clark County election of 2004.

Knapp has won 11 Emmy Awards. Several were for his "Street Talk" commentaries and others were for his investigative stories. Seven times, he has won the Mark Twain Award for best news writing from the Associated Press. And in 1990, his series about UFOs was selected by United Press International as best in the nation for Individual Achievement by a Journalist.
The best part is that, as an investigative journalist, he really earned his awards, including the Emmys; he didn't just ride the coattails of others and get named as recipient just because he held a certain position on the team -- like, uh, like news director, for instance. ;)
"But I don’t want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want sin." (Aldous Huxley)

zed
Pirate

Post by zed » 07-31-2007 06:06 PM

Semi-regular is better than nuffin'. Great news!

But I look forward to the day when I walk into the C2C bar and order a 'semi-regular', only to have the bartender say, "Sorry man, but the semi-regular is now our regular. Want one?", in which case I'll order a double.

:D

=Z=

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 07-31-2007 06:09 PM

Very kewl Zed.:D

HurricaneJoanie
Pirate Queen

Post by HurricaneJoanie » 07-31-2007 06:12 PM

They need to put a video cam in the studio with him...he has a face for television. ;)

(Oh shoot, Galadriel! I just saw your previous post -- but great minds think alike! :D )
It's either real or it's a dream, There's nothing that is in between. ~ Jeff Lynne

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 07-31-2007 06:14 PM

HurricaneJoanie wrote: he has a face for television. ;)
Yes he does :D

Fotograf
Pirate

Post by Fotograf » 08-01-2007 09:14 AM

I'm glad to hear that Knapp is on the show. I might actually start listening to it again.

TinyDancer
Pirate

Post by TinyDancer » 08-01-2007 06:06 PM

good choice.

Plainsman
Pirate

Post by Plainsman » 08-01-2007 06:32 PM

The fill-in hosts aren't going to be on often enough to make a difference. Ian isn't on often enough to make a difference. For better or worse, C2C is only as good as its full-time host.

MentalMidget
Pirate

Knapp

Post by MentalMidget » 08-09-2007 11:25 AM

I agree with what I have read here pretty much. Knapp is a professional; experienced in television and has a good "presence". A most EXCELLENT C2C host.

Not to hijack anything, but Noory ALWAYS rubbed me wrong way. I had always been tolerant in listening to him, hoping he would be quiet while "we" got all the info from the guests. I have loved that show so much.

I think that what got me was the "sickeningly sweet" delivery that really seemed merely "brown nosey". I have always disliked those people at the level of authenicity. I had sincerely hoped that ghe would fade away, and was wondering if it had been the case that, at the time, there was no one else around that could do the job.

Characteristically with that brownnosey sort of delivery, when he gets ticked on air, he doesn't handle it right. He's downright mean in a personal sort of way, where others have a means of dissuading and discounting that is more serious... and well, proper.

Have you seen that pasty white fat face on the C2C site? He doesn't really look like that either. The last time I saw him he was tanned ,and while not buff, in good shape. Much thinner. I'm sure he can manifest some story about that.

He just seems to pander too much and is on too big an ego trip about hosting C2C.

I was disgusted when I heard the intro for Art's award when he finally stated in public, probably because it was necessary, that he had never met Art. I could not even CONSIDER doing that show without meeting the creator and getting his policy down that I could agree or adjust as needed. But to just pop in there as if I knew something? Uh uh buddy.

Did any of you attend the 2012 "Conference"? Oh excuse me.. the worker in the light signing where you pay for a thing and get some face time, but otherwise... NOT. Especially after saying that if you lived in the local area you should stop in and say hello.

way too self important. There were several who were very disappointed in the way he acted. YES he tried to be nice of course, but it came off disingenuous. Yes we were local people.
Us desert folk no like city alienators....

By the way, there were approximately 50 people there.
It was a money pig show. Sorry, to be blunt... but there you have it.

He now he creeps me out. Him and Hoagland together seem to have this little "thing" going. Plus, I keep detecting, maybe its just me, but this sense of collecting info and pandering some and ... I can't quite grasp it, but I feel like there is disinformation going on.

A couple of there "guests" refuse to ever answer any serious email. Another turned out to be a nut and a screamer. I don't know what o think about it, other than, I COULD DO A MUCH BETTER JOB ... hehehe

But then... don't we ALL feel that way sometimes?

I just wonder how much REAL paranormal experience he has. I'm willing to bet that it is very scant.

Shirley, since you seem to be the moderator everywhere, if you think you ought to move this, please do.

barker in the dark
Last edited by MentalMidget on 08-09-2007 11:29 AM, edited 1 time in total.
Life in and of itself is the one true miracle.

zed
Pirate

Post by zed » 08-15-2007 10:06 AM

I hear ya MM. Especially what you said about disinformation... can't put my finger on that either but I hear ya...

But pinch me so I know I'm not dreaming... he's never met Art?

Now, these "semi-regular" appearances by George Knapp? I'm ready for one right now...

MentalMidget
Pirate

Post by MentalMidget » 08-15-2007 04:05 PM

That's right.

I heard the words come out of his mouth when they played the tape for the intro he was asked to do for Art at the radio something.. awards in LA.

Then when I found out that he didn't write his big ol book all by himself, I just had this sort of childish sadism arise that made me think the words "barker in the dark"... hehehe

or could it be... barfer in the park?

well, ... I'll give it up now. That's the meanest I'm willing to get.

I guess I sort of feel like C2C is no more. Intellectually, I know it isn't true, but that's how I feel about it.

To be fair, he does have a good show now and then. I haven't been listening lately though.

DO you get it George?

You are losing listeners.... the radio kiss of death.

MentalMidget
Pirate

Post by MentalMidget » 08-15-2007 04:14 PM

Hey Zed!
You have to figure also, that it must be darned tough to find quality interviews that would get you by from week to week.
Hence I would imagine, so many open lines shows. I don't like the back door elitist phone line stuff. Its too narcissistic. It takes on the same sort of quality of Phil Hendrie shows without Phil's humor. In other words, it feels like a set up or script.
Then you consider how hard it is for people to even get through that the majority of them are shocked, then "star struck" frequently into silence. It just bothers me.

I have tried to call in a few times over the last year or so and never get through. I only attempt it when there seems to be legitimate people on there. But I never get through, so I have given up on that. There are just way too many people calling in.

I thnk GN just doesn't have the right sort of "inquisitive" mind for it. He seems to be either a cynic or a believer as the case may be, but never a disciplined skeptic.
Last edited by MentalMidget on 08-15-2007 04:18 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “George Noory/C2C AM Topics/Radio topics”