Email Notice from George Noory to the Fantastic Forum

George Noory/Guests, Commentary,
Radio topics

Moderator: Super Moderators

Plainsman
Pirate

Post by Plainsman » 05-19-2007 07:32 AM

We have had at least two instances in recent days of George sending out what can only be described as bizarre emails to participants on this board. Evidently, George just can't resist the urge to respond to every slightly negative thing said about him. This is not a good personality trait for a public figure/C2C host like George. I'm concerned for him. Has anyone reported this behavior to PremRad?

cherry
Pirate

Post by cherry » 05-19-2007 09:55 AM

The Duel

The most famous duel in American history climaxed a longstanding conflict between two of the most important men in the country. Alexander Hamilton, an impoverished immigrant from the West Indies, rose to become a framer of the U.S. Constitution and the architect of America's political economy. Aaron Burr, grandson of the theologian Jonathan Edwards, served with distinction in the Revolutionary War and was nearly elected the nation's third president. In 1804 they met in a duelan honor match that changed the course of American history.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/amex/duel/index.html

Biker
Pirate

Post by Biker » 05-19-2007 10:25 AM

ANNNNND THEN!...Last night, George "Drama Queen" Noory claimed that if he did the Ouija Board experiment, he might be risking his life but he thinks he's willing to do it for his listening audience.

Noory should get life in prison for impersonating a talk show host.
I swear...

Biker
"Bring me my broadsword and clear understanding".

Ian Anderson

Biker
Pirate

Cherry...

Post by Biker » 05-19-2007 10:44 AM

cherry wrote:

What the hell does this have to do with anything?

Biker
"Bring me my broadsword and clear understanding".

Ian Anderson

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 05-19-2007 11:24 AM

My, my, you people wanna fight the capitalist machine! Wow! The bravest act I have witnessed since the Rebel Alliance faced off against the Imperial Transport Machines in The Empire Strikes Back...

:D :D :D :D :D
Last edited by joequinn on 05-19-2007 11:27 AM, edited 1 time in total.
"Fuggedah about it, Jake --- it's Chinatown!"

Plainsman
Pirate

Post by Plainsman » 05-19-2007 12:11 PM

Biker wrote: ANNNNND THEN!...Last night, George "Drama Queen" Noory claimed that if he did the Ouija Board experiment, he might be risking his life but he thinks he's willing to do it for his listening audience.

Noory should get life in prison for impersonating a talk show host.
I swear...

Biker

You're exactly right, Biker. George claims he's going to prove that it's not the Ouija Board, but the people involved, who have the power to call in spirits or whatever. I'm no Ouija Board expert or anything, but I think that's already well known. The Ouija Board enables people to "communicate" with spirits. You can't do that with a peanut butter sandwich, but George doesn't seem to comprehend this. Just as he did with the interview with Satan, George is trying to prove his masculinity by toying with his audience. It's silly and juvenile, but he persists.

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 05-19-2007 12:21 PM

But Plainsman, there are a hell of a lot of people out there who want the juvenile sillyness that Noory gives them!

:(
"Fuggedah about it, Jake --- it's Chinatown!"

wcstflyer
Pirate

Post by wcstflyer » 05-19-2007 12:42 PM

vigo wrote: Taken from a synopsis of a Mary Tyler Moore Show:

Having signed up for a creative writing class, Mary (Mary Richards) shows her efforts to Lou (Ed Asner), insisting that he offer honest criticism. Unfortunately, Lou does just that, and Mary is crushed. A chilly atmosphere promptly descends upon the newsroom, with the icy Mary adopting a "strictly business" attitude which poor Lou is unable to kid her out of. "Mary the Writer" was originally telecast on October 2, 1976. ~ Hal Erickson, All Movie Guide

I fear that those who choose honesty are only kidding themselves when they carry a big stick into the discussion. JMHO of course.

George you are a swell guy and have a great attitude most of the time. Perhaps a brief step backwards and a pause to reflect on the immortal words of one fella, aka. Samuel Clemens,

"It is by the goodness of God that in our country we have those three unspeakably precious things: freedom of speech, freedom of conscience, and the prudence never to practice either of them."
Mark Twain, Following the Equator (1897)
US humorist, novelist, short story author, & wit (1835 - 1910)

Take care

:)

Extremely well said, however I would think the Mary Tyler Moore episode most appropriate was titled The Good-Time News. (first broadcast 9/16/72)

The station manager wants to modernize the 6 o'clock news to incorperate a two anchor "happy news" format. Lou Grant is immediately incensed by the suggestion and at his favorite watering hole sneers to the bartender to turn on channel 6. "He-he-ha-ha. More about that killer typhoon later if our weatherman Jerry Williams can unbuckled his golashes!" Disaster ensues when Ted Baxter discovers he is being upstaged by the new anchor and engages in a spur-of-the-moment comedy battle on-air: "We'll see who the funny guy is." The final nail is placed in the format coffin when Mary tells Ted- on-air- before the entire television audience to "shut-up, Ted!"

Folks, no matter who you are it's tough to be awarded the equivalent of Keith Olbermann's Worst Person In The World award each and every day. Go easy on George: How many of us could do his job? :cool:
Last edited by wcstflyer on 05-19-2007 01:37 PM, edited 1 time in total.

thalia
Pirate

Post by thalia » 05-19-2007 01:29 PM

Go easy on George: How many of us could do his job?
It's not a matter of us being able to do his job. It's a matter of him being able to do his job.

There are probably scores of completely professional, capable, even engaging, radio hosts in North America. If they are up to the task, then there's no reason why George shouldn't be as well. Especially with his claimed experience.

If George consistently performed well and intelligently, he wouldn't earn himself such censure. Sure, everyone's entitled to a bad day occasionally, but with George, bad days seem to be the norm.

If he's so concerned about his reputation, if he takes his reputation so seriously, then he should spend more time engaging with his show, not running on auto-pilot. He should spend more time on preparation than on scouring the internet for less than complimentary remarks audience members make about him.

No one's asking him to give them the moon. :rolleyes:
"But I don’t want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want sin." (Aldous Huxley)

Waverider
Pirate

Post by Waverider » 05-19-2007 01:57 PM

thalia wrote: It's not a matter of us being able to do his job. It's a matter of him being able to do his job.

There are probably scores of completely professional, capable, even engaging, radio hosts in North America. If they are up to the task, then there's no reason why George shouldn't be as well. Especially with his claimed experience.

If George consistently performed well and intelligently, he wouldn't earn himself such censure. Sure, everyone's entitled to a bad day occasionally, but with George, bad days seem to be the norm.

If he's so concerned about his reputation, if he takes his reputation so seriously, then he should spend more time engaging with his show, not running on auto-pilot. He should spend more time on preparation than on scouring the internet for less than complimentary remarks audience members make about him.

No one's asking him to give them the moon. :rolleyes:

Oh so true, imo, thalia'...

I'm not sure why this song is reverberating in my head @ this moment in time, but with the world in the state it is in and this lastest threat from Mr. George Noory, I feel it's time to 'Send in the Clowns'....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Send_in_the_Clowns

mudwoman
Pirate

Post by mudwoman » 05-19-2007 02:22 PM

A childish, pathetic spectacle. George, you would think people were camping in your living room, with you tied up in a chair, eating your cat. :rolleyes:

btw: I used to stick up for you around hear. (Hangs head, and walks away)

btw 2: If you want more people to add to your law suit, don't forget to stomp on over to __* (as well as a raft of other forums). Warning though, you'll have to hire a lot more lawyers!

*moderator edit

spaceprophet
Pirate

Post by spaceprophet » 05-19-2007 03:43 PM

wcstflyer wrote: Go easy on George: How many of us could do his job?
All he does is show up. The questions for the guest are most likely scripted. Probably all the research and background info on the guest is done by the producers and supplied to George by sticky notes prior to air time.

George is not well read. In fact he's a simpleton. Can't you tell?
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man. - Jack Handey

Mosby's Raiders
Pirate

Post by Mosby's Raiders » 05-19-2007 10:34 PM

seems to me there could be a counter suit against Georgie for threat and harassment to a forum that has nothing to do with c2c radio and Georgie is just a member here that has to comply to the FF's rules . Georgie is a idiot and the only good coast shows anymore are Arts & Ians . just my 2 cents and a wooden nickel worth . when i read that email it just about blew my mind for him to come here and threaten people for their individual opinions of how the monday thru friday shows is ruining coast to coast AM .

spaceprophet
Pirate

Post by spaceprophet » 05-19-2007 11:58 PM

Mosby's Raiders wrote: seems to me there could be a counter suit against Georgie for threat and harassment to a forum that has nothing to do with c2c radio and Georgie is just a member here that has to comply to the FF's rules . Georgie is a idiot and the only good coast shows anymore are Arts & Ians . just my 2 cents and a wooden nickel worth . when i read that email it just about blew my mind for him to come here and threaten people for their individual opinions of how the monday thru friday shows is ruining coast to coast AM .

There is no threat. The only thing George did is shoot himself in the foot in regards to winning over Art fans.

That letter was either a prank or George sent it himself without consulting his lawyers. Which I'm more intune to believe the latter because of the hasty and provocative comments he's posted here on this website before.

George is a public figure. In the talk radio format. Which is saturated with controversy anyway. Not to mention that George is a straw man.

We'll see how this plays out.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man. - Jack Handey

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 05-20-2007 12:04 AM

Space let me assure you that the email is not a prank.

Return to “George Noory/C2C AM Topics/Radio topics”