Incurious George:Bad Interviewing

George Noory/Guests, Commentary,
Radio topics

Moderator: Super Moderators

Gnome Knapper
Pirate

Incurious George:Bad Interviewing

Post by Gnome Knapper » 02-08-2007 11:49 PM

George is the WORST interviewer. When last nights guest Glenn Kimball mentioned Gunnar Thompson (a protege of Thor Heyerdahl) tried to convince scholars in China that their map was real I was expecting George to show a splinter of curiosity and ask him to elaborate, but nothing! It seemed George had blinders on and wanted to talk only about Egypt.

Well anyway with a bit of googling I came up with the map Glenn Kimball and Gunnar Thompson were talking about. But why should I have to search for something so basic, George has the man for four hours and he couldn't take four seconds to ask what map is that Glenn?

I'm usually a George booster but his incurious interviewing style is frustrating sometimes.

The map http://www.marcopolovoyages.com/Beijing ... uction.htm

Plainsman
Pirate

Post by Plainsman » 02-09-2007 12:49 AM

George is usually reading his fan mail and email and surfing the net during interviews, so he does miss a lot of opportunities for follow-up questions. When he hears a guest pause for a few seconds, he just quickly looks down at his checkllist of questions and goes with the next one on the list.

I'm also pretty sure the guests write their own introductions and submit a list of questions for George to ask them. This means George and his staff can spend more time lounging around the studio, re-stacking boxes and boxes of "Worker in the Light," watering plants, eating their sack lunches, etc. All they have to do is rip and read some news stories off of the Drudge Report, read some questions off a piece of paper, and answer the phone when it rings and remind each caller to compliment George on what a great job he's doing.

It's a pretty good gig for George and his posse.
Last edited by Plainsman on 02-09-2007 12:54 AM, edited 1 time in total.

teresius
Pirate

Post by teresius » 02-09-2007 06:00 AM

yeah, george must've hit at a high point in the 'soul exchange rate.'
email me directly at: teresius "at" comcast.net (all one word, of course)

wcstflyer
Pirate

Post by wcstflyer » 02-09-2007 10:26 AM

Plainsman wrote: George is usually reading his fan mail and email and surfing the net during interviews, so he does miss a lot of opportunities for follow-up questions. When he hears a guest pause for a few seconds, he just quickly looks down at his checkllist of questions and goes with the next one on the list.

I'm also pretty sure the guests write their own introductions and submit a list of questions for George to ask them. This means George and his staff can spend more time lounging around the studio, re-stacking boxes and boxes of "Worker in the Light," watering plants, eating their sack lunches, etc. All they have to do is rip and read some news stories off of the Drudge Report, read some questions off a piece of paper, and answer the phone when it rings and remind each caller to compliment George on what a great job he's doing.

Oh Plainsman...:D ;) You mean when a guest says, "the world will come to an end as we know it at 3:37 pm next Tuesday" and George comes back with, "my dog loves Purina" there is a wee disconnect? :confused:

Black Bart
Pirate

Post by Black Bart » 02-09-2007 02:12 PM

Plainsman wrote: George is usually reading his fan mail and email and surfing the net during interviews, so he does miss a lot of opportunities for follow-up questions. When he hears a guest pause for a few seconds, he just quickly looks down at his checkllist of questions and goes with the next one on the list.

I'm sure they do a little more research than that. But it is quite disturbing how every talk show host is ripping off the Drudge Report, and poor Matt Drudge only gets one show a week.

cherry
Pirate

Post by cherry » 02-09-2007 05:45 PM

George, thank you for interviewing guests during the first hour of Coast to Coast.

:) :cool:

Plainsman
Pirate

Post by Plainsman » 02-09-2007 05:49 PM

Unfortunately, the guests during the 1st hour of the show frequently are much more interesting than the main guests. It's especially frustrating when George gets a great guest on from 12:15 to 12:30, then cuts the guy off to go to "open lines" for the remainder of the hour. Open lines are horribly boring these days, but George has no clue.

cherry
Pirate

Keep the C2C Guests on the First Hour

Post by cherry » 02-09-2007 05:53 PM

Since the ORR dried up last fall, there is really no reason to start C2C with open lines . . . . :o

teresius
Pirate

Post by teresius » 02-10-2007 12:37 AM

what, exactly, does the orr have to do with open lines? or noory's ineptitude?
email me directly at: teresius "at" comcast.net (all one word, of course)

cherry
Pirate

Post by cherry » 02-13-2007 11:01 PM

It's a mystery, teresius!

SooSoo
Pirate

Post by SooSoo » 02-14-2007 12:10 PM

Black Bart wrote: I'm sure they do a little more research than that. But it is quite disturbing how every talk show host is ripping off the Drudge Report, and poor Matt Drudge only gets one show a week.

Including Art. During his first hour, he routinely reads off Drudge.
Well, that's a real compliament to Drudge.

Plainsman
Pirate

Post by Plainsman » 02-14-2007 09:22 PM

I wonder why Art does that? He didn't use to. I wonder if he's forced by PremRad to work with producers who provide this mainstream drivel to him, or if he's just gotten older and lazier?

wcstflyer
Pirate

Post by wcstflyer » 02-17-2007 12:41 PM

Did you hear it? You had to be fast as it dissipated into the ether as quickly as he said it but George Noory/ stand-up comic was on his game last night. I don't know whether or not it was planned, but in the middle of physicist Dr. Brooks Agnew's voyage to the center of the Earth via the north pole interview, Maj. Ed Dames was mentioned. George quickly shot back with: "Dr. Doom could find evil in an ice cream parlor." Who would have known Noory was capable of such antcs?

cherry
Pirate

Post by cherry » 02-18-2007 05:08 PM

I would like to hear what Dr. Doom has to say about Anna Nicole Smith . . . .

Biker
Pirate

Post by Biker » 02-18-2007 05:13 PM

She's dead?

Biker

Return to “George Noory/C2C AM Topics/Radio topics”