Incurious George:Bad Interviewing

George Noory/Guests, Commentary,
Radio topics

Moderator: Super Moderators

cherry
Pirate

Post by cherry » 03-14-2007 09:21 PM

joequinn wrote: I switched off the show while he was talking to a wise-ass cracker trucker who told him that his cat goes to sleep when it hears Noory’s voice (although it always wakes up when Art Bell is on the show). When Noory insisted on talking to the cat to tell it to listen to the show, I could tolerate no more and I switched the show off.

• I think I could turn and live with animals, they are so
    placid and self contain'd,
    I stand and look at them long and long.

They do not sweat and whine about their condition
    They do not lie awake in the dark and weep for their sins,
    They do not make me sick discussing their duty to God,
    Not one is dissatisfied, not one is demented with the
    mania of owning things,
    Not one kneels to another nor to his kind that lived
    thousands of years ago.
    Not one is respectable or unhappy over the whole earth.

Walt Whitman
    "Song of Myself"

Psychicwolf
Pirate

Post by Psychicwolf » 03-14-2007 10:50 PM

cherry wrote:
  • I think I could turn and live with animals, they are so
    placid and self contain'd,
    I stand and look at them long and long.

They do not sweat and whine about their condition
    They do not lie awake in the dark and weep for their sins,
    They do not make me sick discussing their duty to God,
    Not one is dissatisfied, not one is demented with the
    mania of owning things,
    Not one kneels to another nor to his kind that lived
    thousands of years ago.
    Not one is respectable or unhappy over the whole earth.

Walt Whitman
    "Song of Myself"

I love that. Thanks Walt and cherry.:)
Dance to heal the earth. Not just when you're dancing, but always. Live the dance, whenever you move, in all you do, dance to heal the earth.

HB3

Post by HB3 » 03-14-2007 11:20 PM

A Pact

I make a pact with you, Walt Whitman -
I have detested you long enough.
I come to you as a grown child
Who has had a pig-headed father;
I am old enough now to make friends.
It was you that broke the new wood,
Now is a time for carving.
We have one sap and one root -
Let there be commerce between us.

Ezra Pound

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 03-15-2007 12:01 AM

Joe if you truly haven't listen to Art recently you have missed some amazing interviews.
(honest I believe you)

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 03-15-2007 06:57 AM

No doubt, I have, Shirleypal, but at this point, I am not particularly concerned. I am taking care of a lot of overdue personal business in my life at the present time, and I do not have the outward focus that I had as late as a year ago. Beyond that, I am presently overwhelmed by the collapse of my culture, both politically and aesthetically. The Demokrat success of four months ago has not altered the country’s fascist agenda one whit, and Coast-to-Coast settled, long ago, into its current subordinate and subservient position within that cultural fascist setting.

You say, Shirleypal, that Art Bell has conducted some exceptional interviews over the past couple of months. Well, maybe he has, but they certainly have not been the ones that I heard. The Art Bell whom I have heard recently is an unsure and even confused old man, who has definitely trimmed his sails in order to hold onto his part-time gig at Coast-to-Coast. He did not seem either as focused or as deep as he used to be, when he was a free man in a freer time. Art Bell still may be the best late-night interviewer out there, but this praise is by no means as high on my part as it once was. And it is becoming harder for me to stay up nights in order to wait for whatever nuggets of information he might have to give us.

Perhaps my focus may revert outwards within the next year or so, and perhaps things will get better in this country twenty months from now with the Election of 2008. But I doubt it on either count. I myself glance in The Fantastic Forum just briefly and just a couple of times a week now. It has been made as clear to me as it can possibly be made --- silence being the most terminal form of condemnation --- that my perspective is neither wanted nor valued here, except by a small minority of people like you. So I read a little here, and I post even less.

None of this is what I wanted, but things --- here and elsewhere --- are what they are, and I have to deal with things as they are. Which makes your constant support a source of consolation to me. If support like yours did not exist, I would not be here at all.
"Fuggedah about it, Jake --- it's Chinatown!"

three
Pirate

Post by three » 03-15-2007 07:49 AM

It was really sad the other night to hear GN (jorge) say something about "HAVING to go to this affair to introduce Art Bell for his lifetime achievement award ceremony". HAD to go....... sheesh!

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 03-15-2007 10:48 AM

None of this is what I wanted, but things --- here and elsewhere --- are what they are, and I have to deal with things as they are. Which makes your constant support a source of consolation to me. If support like yours did not exist, I would not be here at all.

I understand where you are at Joe only to well. As I am sure you have read I am going through a hell of sorts in my personal life also with my son in law still in University of Michigan Medical Center waiting for a new heart and doing what I can for my daughter and two young grandchildren, this forum and Art has been a Godsend for me, if I didn't have this distraction I think I would have lost it by now. I too worry about our country and what we have lost, as each day goes by it is validated more, if only we could go back to a simpler time, if only.:(

bropous
Pirate

Post by bropous » 03-15-2007 12:29 PM

Greetings, all....my first post here. Art recommended I check out FF, and I am glad I did.

You guys are gonna find that I don't buy a lot of the Illuminati bull-scat, nor the anti-Bush garbage. However, I am an Art Bell fan from way, way, way back, and Coat to Coast has been one of my favorite radio shows of all time. Once, I told Art that he was my second favorite radio host of all time, but since then, he has risen to #1 in my book.

I do NOT like George Noory. Period. I find him very willing to make excuses for the Islamofascists, and far too gullible to buy all the garbage that third-rate conspiracy hucksters like Alex Jones and Richard C Hoaglund (when he is off his meds) shovel out.

I far prefer shows on UFOs and Bigfoot than the dreck that Jones and Hoaglund give us that somehow the Bushes arranged and executed the attacks on this nation on 9/11/01. I don't buy any of the "one-world shadow government" paranoid delusions, and George Noory's hijacking of Art's wonderful radio show is a slap in the face to a listenership that Art built over many, many years of hard work.

I was there when Art went off the air the first time, then returned. I was there with the bozo who claimed he was hiding from the Feds hooked in some folks, even got folks to offer him sanctuary, and then called back to let Art know that he was part of a disinformation campaign by Intel sources to get Art laughed off the air (yet again, Art wasn't fully fooled). Art rebounded each time, and I think that this wonderful man can rebound once more.

Again, my greetigns to you all, and I look forward to discussing and arguing and scrapping as a contrarian among contrarians.

"The feast is set,
The guests are met,
Can'st thou hear the merry din?"

Waverider
Pirate

Post by Waverider » 03-15-2007 12:37 PM

Castle Rock, CO\bropous'

O K'... You stated yourself quite openly...

Welcome aboard.

three
Pirate

Post by three » 03-15-2007 03:06 PM

"The feast is set,
The guests are met,
The topic's spun and appetites whet
No answer?
Whoops, the guests are et...."

Plainsman
Pirate

Post by Plainsman » 03-15-2007 05:04 PM

I'm glad Art knows where to send the contrarians :-).

Actually, I think it's quite a nice compliment that Art referred you here. Some other hosts don't like to mention this place much, anymore.

As long as Art respects the work we do here, who cares what others think.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 03-15-2007 05:15 PM

Plainsman wrote: I'm glad Art knows where to send the contrarians :-).

Actually, I think it's quite a nice compliment that Art referred you here. Some other hosts don't like to mention this place much, anymore.

As long as Art respects the work we do here, who cares what others think.

Well said.:) :) :)

three
Pirate

Post by three » 03-15-2007 08:17 PM

Was the same for me. I finally got so fed up with Mrs. Noory's little boy Georgie that I sent a very nice (fer me) email to Art basically saying that I was tired of George's selling his book like a blue light special (maybe he doesn't know that Amazon is already taken care of that LOL) and suggesting that that boy kissed more butt (especially to his bud hog-man). I got this link in a couple of hours. :)

Plainsman
Pirate

Post by Plainsman » 03-16-2007 11:58 AM

I'm pleased and not surprised to find evidence that Art Bell actually answers listeners' emails. Art may be a legend, but he's still a man of the people.

Harmoniman
Pirate

Post by Harmoniman » 04-24-2007 10:39 AM

joequinn wrote: The people who once supported Coast-to-Coast in its glory days are long gone now.

Last fridays open lines with Art makes this statement inaccurate.
Have you noticed how people's intellectual curiosity declines sharply the moment
they start waving guns about? Doctor Who

Return to “George Noory/C2C AM Topics/Radio topics”