Attn Mr Noory re;Mr Lear

George Noory/Guests, Commentary,
Radio topics

Moderator: Super Moderators

mrbud
Pirate

Attn Mr Noory re;Mr Lear

Post by mrbud » 01-18-2007 10:16 AM

Please sir,I so wish you would/could have reeled in Mr Hoagland a little more so we could have heard Johns side of the so called "discussion".Mr Lear was a true gentleman about not interrupting . I dont beleive Hoagland knows what a discussion is exactly or he would come up for air on occasion during his usual monologe and let someone else speak.It was a bummer to say the least.Thanks

skydancer
Pirate

Post by skydancer » 01-18-2007 03:15 PM

Ditto that.

Had to pick myself off the floor from the laughter.

Glitch
Pirate

Post by Glitch » 01-18-2007 03:59 PM

There is only one way to reel in Hoaxland, and thats with a tire iron.

wcstflyer
Pirate

Post by wcstflyer » 01-18-2007 04:01 PM

skydancer wrote: Ditto that.

Had to pick myself off the floor from the laughter.

It's obvious Mr. Hoagland never read the chapter on Cockpit Resource Management. Oh boy. :rolleyes: ;)

gpshealy
Pirate

Post by gpshealy » 01-18-2007 04:36 PM

Did any of you honestly think that wouldn't happen as soon as you heard that RCH would be on in the third hour?

lunacat
Pirate

Post by lunacat » 01-18-2007 04:57 PM

gpshealy wrote: Did any of you honestly think that wouldn't happen as soon as you heard that RCH would be on in the third hour?

Exactly...
But I wonder what prompts these visits from him. I notice the second his name is dropped...in any show...he pops right in there. I remember many shows where I thought to myself, "Oh no...he just said 'Hoagland'." And sure enough...guess who calls in.

OMG
Pirate

Post by OMG » 01-19-2007 03:57 AM

To quote what I wrote at the ORR during the show "John Lear is a guy with so much depth. I'd love to hear him talk about a whole range of topics and not be tied down to a hour of Hoagland"

I don't dislike Hoagland, but Lear is such a top level interview and great guest to waste an hour which was 1/3 of the JL radio time on RCH who can pop-in at any time during the week was so annoying. I can maybe live with a half an hour pop-in by Richard during the show (and only if Lear agreed with it before hand, which I understood he did) but a full hour was too much and took away possible interesting directions George can talk specifically with John with.

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 01-19-2007 07:29 AM

OMG, my experience of John Lear has not been impressive, but I would be willing to change my opinion of him if I could understand, clearly, what his positions actually are and what evidence other than just his "say-so" he presents for them.

OMG, can you summarize what Lear said in a paragraph of three or four sentences? And then, can you tell me what you thought of the evidence he presented in support of those positions?

The fact that "Hoagie" was allowed to run wild during the third hour of the show indicates to me EITHER that Noory had no real respect for Lear's views (hey, no surprise, there, huh?) OR that Lear didn't have enough material to carry a third hour (hey, possibly no suprise there either, huh?)
"Fuggedah about it, Jake --- it's Chinatown!"

circledancer
Pirate

Post by circledancer » 01-19-2007 01:44 PM

RCH as nothing of interest to add to to the discussion....He is tiresome and his ceaseless name dropping and self serving attitude do nothing to inspire my interest.
John Lear is a person with views that are born out of his experience and personal drive. He has pursued his interests in the field and been outspoken. When I listen to him I do not find myself cringing or checking the BS meter, instead, I take it in the spirit in which it is given and proceed from there with my own conclusions.
He never fails to inform and entertain.
Last edited by circledancer on 01-19-2007 01:47 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Plainsman
Pirate

Post by Plainsman » 01-19-2007 09:31 PM

George and producer Tommy have a bad habit of "over-producing" a lot of shows. Not only did he buswhack John Lear with RCH, but a few months ago he did the same thing to a catholic priest by arranging for JC to launch a 'surprise' attack on the poor guy. It's really guest abuse of the worst kind, but evidently George believes it's funny and entertaining.

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Post by Live365 » 01-20-2007 07:33 PM

I have just listened to the "second hour" of the John Lear interview, and after thinking I had heard everything there was to hear on C2C, I must say that I have never heard anything as upsettingly disgraceful than the obnoxious onslaught of Richard C. Hoagland.

I could go on forever, but what sticks in my craw was this business of John Lear being a mere "airline pilot", and RCH being a "physicist". I have worked for physicists, along side of physicists, sat in classes with physicists, and was even aquainted once with a physicist who trained at MIT. And you, Sir, are no physicist. Perhaps you can get a gig as "science advisor" to Katie Couric. Then we can all be happy.

And I thought John Lear, was the arrogant one.

For the record, I do not post this because I feel John Lear needs defending. The contrary. He carried himself with grace, class, aplomb and laugh-out-loud humor. If it had been a Fido's a$$hole contest, RCH would have won. Without dissent.

Other than that, :D , a most enjoyable inerview. Perhaps one of the best. :)
Last edited by Live365 on 01-20-2007 07:44 PM, edited 1 time in total.
Did you ever stop to think, and then forget to start again?

mrbud
Pirate

Post by mrbud » 01-21-2007 12:27 PM

Live365 wrote: I have just listened to the "second hour" of the John Lear interview, and after thinking I had heard everything there was to hear on C2C, I must say that I have never heard anything as upsettingly disgraceful than the obnoxious onslaught of Richard C. Hoagland.

I could go on forever, but what sticks in my craw was this business of John Lear being a mere "airline pilot", and RCH being a "physicist". I have worked for physicists, along side of physicists, sat in classes with physicists, and was even aquainted once with a physicist who trained at MIT. And you, Sir, are no physicist. Perhaps you can get a gig as "science advisor" to Katie Couric. Then we can all be happy.

And I thought John Lear, was the arrogant one.

For the record, I do not post this because I feel John Lear needs defending. The contrary. He carried himself with grace, class, aplomb and laugh-out-loud humor. If it had been a Fido's a$$hole contest, RCH would have won. Without dissent.

Other than that, :D , a most enjoyable inerview. Perhaps one of the best. :)
Agree 100%. I always feel I was gyped from hearing what any guest has to say when put on the show with his regal highness, phyicist Hoagie

Pennylane005
Pirate

Post by Pennylane005 » 01-21-2007 03:06 PM

Dear mrbud, skydancer, Glitch, wcstflyer, gpshealy, lunacat, OMG, circledancer, Plainsman and Live365,

So sorry that you think of Richard Hoagland as an unwelcome guest on Coast to Coast. He has taught me so much during the many years I have enjoyed his presence with both Art and George. He has educated me on subjects like space science, scientific theory, the art of photo interpretation, etc. Sometimes his theories are wild, but isn’t that what Coast is about? Wanna take a ride or not?

I liked that he showed up when Lear was on. They complimented each other and demonstrated the difference between their research styles. Yup, Hoagland can be pompous and self-serving, but I have such a strong affection for the guy that I truly cannot dislike him.

If there weren’t so many damn secrets “out there” we would have a regular line-up of articulate, knowledgeable and credentialed scientists. No guarantees that their personalities would be any more or less pleasing than what we get now.

I mean no disrespect to you who disagree with me, just want you to know that your distain for Hoagland is not felt by all. I think he is a real treasure!

Pennylane
Last edited by Pennylane005 on 01-21-2007 03:08 PM, edited 1 time in total.

JimWest
Pirate

Post by JimWest » 01-21-2007 05:43 PM

Pennylane005, I notice your location is listed as Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Isn't that close to where Mr. Hoagland now resides? :)

Glitch
Pirate

Post by Glitch » 01-21-2007 06:43 PM

Me thinks the great Hoaxland has taught the art of photoshop.

Return to “George Noory/C2C AM Topics/Radio topics”