Attn Mr Noory re;Mr Lear

George Noory/Guests, Commentary,
Radio topics

Moderator: Super Moderators

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Post by Live365 » 01-21-2007 07:05 PM

Penny, I have read yer comments and I deeply respect them. Thank you for having the guts to post them.

There was a time when I loved RCH beyond reproach. But looking back, I always found him to be a little full of himself. I swear before God I can remember him saying to Art once: " that's why I'm here and you sit in a chair, talking on the radio". Ewww.

But hey. People fall, and then they change. I was really outraged when I heard the John Lear interview, but no one will deny it was great fun (and I strongly suspect that would include Mr. Lear himself).

Thanks again for your comments, Pennylane.
Did you ever stop to think, and then forget to start again?

Pennylane005
Pirate

Post by Pennylane005 » 01-21-2007 07:36 PM

JimWest wrote: Pennylane005, I notice your location is listed as Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Isn't that close to where Mr. Hoagland now resides? :)

Hi JimWest,

Yes, he's somewhere 'round the mountain from where I'm at. Bob Lazar is also nearby, as is Linda Moulton Howe.

Pennylane

Pennylane005
Pirate

Post by Pennylane005 » 01-21-2007 07:40 PM

And thank you, Live365. It was a sizzling interview!

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 01-21-2007 09:28 PM

Pennylane005 wrote:
I mean no disrespect to you who disagree with me, just want you to know that your distain for Hoagland is not felt by all. I think he is a real treasure!

I agree, Pennylane. In my opinion, Richard C. Hoagland is the most interesting guest ever to appear on "Coast to Coast AM". He is a genius who is little recognized now. However, I believe in the future that he will be known and appreciated by people everywhere for his relentless efforts in exposing very important forgotten truths and hidden knowledge to public attention.
racehorse

Plainsman
Pirate

Post by Plainsman » 01-21-2007 09:52 PM

PennyLane, I really don't have disdain for RCH. I kind of like him in small doses. However, I don't think it's necessary for him to always have a say in everything involing Mars, the Moon and outerspace. No other guest always gets the last word like that. Why should RCH?

teresius
Pirate

Post by teresius » 01-21-2007 10:02 PM

am i the only one that doesn't see the stuff in the pics? i realize that he's gotten a lot of information from 'other sources,' but he's touting these pics as 'proof.' you would think that he and rch would be great friends based on this fact alone. i've looked at rch's website (painful as it was), and the pics he has there and the pics lear kept referring to are pretty much interchangeable. maybe rch started with good intentions, seeking to disclose some of the massive amounts of information that's being hidden from us, but now he's just like noory. they're only in it for the celebrity stature.
email me directly at: teresius "at" comcast.net (all one word, of course)

Pennylane005
Pirate

Post by Pennylane005 » 01-21-2007 11:38 PM

Hey Plainsman, good point. Small doses is a good thing. If it would help RCH’s credibility and popularity, I’m all for it.

and teresius, as for not seeing the "stuff" in the photos, try downloading the highest possible resolution, then take some time to look for the incongruities. A quick glance won’t work. And oh yes, the fact that Hoagland and Lear are not "best friends" made the entire episode even more delicious! It was a classic! Loved it!

Pennylane

mrbud
Pirate

Post by mrbud » 01-22-2007 09:12 AM

Pennylane,I knew SOMEONE liked him besides George,we will respectfully agree to disagree. Mr Hoagland used to post on the "other" site as a disguised "Mr Hangedman" and scolded people who posted negatively about him(called them haters, certainly dont "hate' anyone) till he was called out for who it really was and poof,disappeared.I was skeptical of you when I saw our home state as well because of that.Thanks for your reply to my post,I really thought there might be more sticking up for him.I am glad you learned from him and enjoy him.I dont get it,but to each his own :)

wcstflyer
Pirate

Post by wcstflyer » 01-22-2007 11:31 AM

mrbud wrote: Pennylane,I knew SOMEONE liked him besides George,we will respectfully agree to disagree. Mr Hoagland used to post on the "other" site as a disguised "Mr Hangedman" and scolded people who posted negatively about him(called them haters, certainly dont "hate' anyone) till he was called out for who it really was and poof,disappeared.I was skeptical of you when I saw our home state as well because of that.Thanks for your reply to my post,I really thought there might be more sticking up for him.I am glad you learned from him and enjoy him.I dont get it,but to each his own :)

Richard The Great has always supplied more entertainment pound for pound than any other guest on C2C and one of his most endearing traits is a somewhat thin skin and a proud sense of self-worth. O.K- Richard can be a bit of a blowhard.

Several years ago after sitting through two days of his Mars lectures (which were extremely entertaining) I penned a little tongue-in-cheek post over at Hoagland's arch rival's website. My post contained inside information that nobody but Hoagland and/or someone in attendance could have possibly known. Naturally my sardonic synopsis of Hoagland's lecture was received with all the warmth as if Carl Sagan had posted from the grave: all except one virulent post which took me to task on nearly every point and especially my disrespect of poet Emily Dickinson's credentials as a cutting edge astronomer! Until that point I had never had any grievance with Emily Dickinson. In fact, for close to forty years I had never given Emily Dickinson a second thought since scoring a B- on a book report in class long ago. It's just that Emily doesn't rank up there with the likes of Galileo and Percival Lowell on a list of great astronomers.

So on that day when Richard Hoagland stepped from the lectern to dramatically inquire from the audience that "famous quote from Emily Dickinson," he was met with vacant stares from the audience most of whom probably thought Yogi Berra made more profound astronomical quotes. The audience's apparent lack of knowledge filled Richard with the pride of a four star General talking to a group of mere plebes. However, by the time he finally came around to giving us the Dickinson quotation he had gone a half hour past his alloted time and the Hilton hotel personnel were sending for a grappling hook to get him off stage.

More Hoagland fun next month at the next convention! :rolleyes:

mrbud
Pirate

Post by mrbud » 01-22-2007 02:48 PM

Thanks WC,for the Hoagie story,,let us know how the next convention goes.Does he have large turn outs?

Hurst
Pirate

Post by Hurst » 01-22-2007 03:13 PM

Well, throw rocks at me if you would like to, but I really like BOTH Hoagland and Lear.

wcstflyer
Pirate

Post by wcstflyer » 01-22-2007 03:37 PM

mrbud, all kidding aside Richard Hoagland ranks right up there as one of the best public speakers you'll ever hear. His lectures are inevitably sold out and the people in attendance are a class act. There is no heckling or anything other than a conference room filled with people in a rapt trance. At least I believe they are in a rapt trance, perhaps through confusion as in "what-the-hell-is-he-saying?" :confused:

The Conscious Life Expo http://www.consciouslifeexpo.com is being held this year on February 9th through the 12th at the LAX Hilton hotel. Richard Hoagland is going up against some real heavyweights in the competition for attendance. Many of the featured speakers are on simultaneously- George Noory is speaking at the same time Congressman Dennis J. Kucinich is talking about Iraq and the direction of America. It will be a full weekend.

mrbud
Pirate

Post by mrbud » 01-22-2007 03:54 PM

Wow,looked at the web for the conference-what a line up-something to check out....Yes Hurst,I know you like Hoagie,,I bet he'd like you too:)

Dynja
Pirate

Post by Dynja » 01-22-2007 04:35 PM

Another great showman was P. T. Barnum. ;)

lunacat
Pirate

Post by lunacat » 01-22-2007 04:46 PM

wcstflyer wrote: mrbud, all kidding aside Richard Hoagland ranks right up there as one of the best public speakers you'll ever hear....There is no heckling or anything other than a conference room filled with people in a rapt trance. At least I believe they are in a rapt trance, perhaps through confusion as in "what-the-hell-is-he-saying?" :confused:

Anyone willing to heckle him amidst his fan base...in real life... is one brave soul. One of the reasons he can get away without having to actually prove anything ("C'mon...you can just tell its rebar...just look at it!," doesn't count as proof.) is because so many people mistake his presentation for genius. He's very good at making people feel as though they won't be outsmarted by NASA's little picture games...

Return to “George Noory/C2C AM Topics/Radio topics”