'Take care of George...'

George Noory/Guests, Commentary,
Radio topics

Moderator: Super Moderators

Linnea

'Take care of George...'

Post by Linnea » 01-12-2007 03:33 AM

How much longer is this Noory trashing going to go on? And - there seems to be a C2C program manager trash now added in.

When Art returned to the high desert - I believe I heard him say on the air to 'take care of George' - there was no way Art would ever return to full time on the show - and he needed George to carry the program as main host.

I have a problem with all this, and the Fantastic Forum has a problem with all this.

Is it more important for some posters to continue with the over the top criticism of Noory - to the detriment of the entire forum? I imagine Art will have to stay away from this place as well - if this level of comment about Noory continues.

This forum has been underway for almost seven years. Many Pirates have invested a lot of time, etc, here. Now that Art is back in Pahrump, many of us are looking forward to his shows - and looking forward to discussing the topics and guests.

If you guys are so obsessed with Noory, and are on a mission - why not take it over to the streamlink forums? Or something. Where is it written we have to have this stuff here?

We have already had some major storms regarding the P&G threads - now this. The FF was originally established as an Art Bell/C2C fan site - and for discussion of topics and guests for those who were interested in the format of C2C AM - and the uniqueness of having this night ride.

In all fairness - does this board have to sink beneath the waves for these kinds of agendas?

I am imagining now - there will be scorn heaped upon our heads - and a mass exodus of posters. Frankly - I do not know what to do about this situation.

When Art says something - there is always a message in it.

What are your thoughts?

thalia
Pirate

Post by thalia » 01-12-2007 08:46 AM

I can't help but wonder, Linnea, how many other topics of discussion here are going to meet with your disapproval?

In case it's escaped your notice, real life pirates are not polite people who toe the line and worry if they've offended anyone.

This forum has lost its stuffing; too many interesting, daring and outspoken people have left. I've seen some of those people on other boards, so I'll use my internet time to look in there instead; there's too little of interest left here.

Teresius, I've seen you recently elsewhere (though you haven't seen me ;)); with luck, maybe DB will show up there too.

No doubt this post will prompt the usual suspects to flock to Linnea's defence. I've seen that happen on other forums I lurked at. And while it may act as a balm to their ruffled feathers, in the end, it hasn't prevented those places from becoming virtual wastelands because of too many restrictions, either overt or implied. So by all means, defend away. But don't delude yourselves that you deserve to be called pirates. Bah!
"But I don’t want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want sin." (Aldous Huxley)

IvyQ
Pirate

Post by IvyQ » 01-12-2007 09:22 AM

I agree with Linnea, I used to visit these Noory bashing threads but of late I just do not wish to participate or read the posts contained within them. To me, it's turned into an obsession of smashing and thrashing George. Yes, I prefer Art, but Art has made it clear that he is not coming back full-time. And as Art stated, "take care of George".... Yeah, if I was Art... I'd cut down my visits to the FF just because of this. I like you guys and gals, but this is gettin' quite old.

cherry
Pirate

Post by cherry » 01-12-2007 10:13 AM

Thanks, Linnea. Who is the moderator for the C2C Am Topics thread?

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Post by Live365 » 01-12-2007 10:30 AM

Linnea wrote: What are your thoughts?

Those are my thoughts.
Did you ever stop to think, and then forget to start again?

IvyQ
Pirate

Post by IvyQ » 01-12-2007 10:58 AM

cherry wrote: Thanks, Linnea. Who is the moderator for the C2C Am Topics thread?

LoL, just noticed... good move Linnea.

wcstflyer
Pirate

Post by wcstflyer » 01-12-2007 11:19 AM

I generally stay out of the Art Bell vs. George Noory argument, but I agree there are a segment of people who cannot accept, even years later, that George is the host of C2C. They seem to spend astonishing amounts of time dissecting every miscue and perceived lapse of questioning George makes on the show, with the conclusion that "Art would have conducted the interview much better." Please folks, get over it.

Give Noory credit for being a great programmer. Last night he interviewed the always enjoyable Steve Quayle along with astronomer James McCanney. My guess is the decision was made to take the foot off the tension of Iraq, Iran- the entire Middle-East crisis "accelerator"- and give us some good old C2C entertainment. Noory understands the pulse of the listening public and knows when to temporarily take it down a down a notch from the repiticious news tension of daytime radio. The originally guest last night was re-scheduled for a latter date. Bravo George.

IvyQ
Pirate

Post by IvyQ » 01-12-2007 11:38 AM

Here! Here! I totally agree!

Barbie
Pirate

Post by Barbie » 01-12-2007 11:58 AM

Last week, at least twice, I heard George say thanks to the FF-Pirates, and I caught myself asking, "For what???!" I'm not big on long-term negative comments, so logging-in from here has been sparse. And when I have checked in to see who is posting, there's been little response. I can't listen every night, so on those nights when I can tune-in, it doesn't matter to me if it's George or Art who is broadcasting, as long as the subject matter is interesting.

IvyQ
Pirate

Post by IvyQ » 01-12-2007 12:11 PM

Dixie, a question to you that I've always wanted to ask.... Why were you so agressive in your wanting to do an interview with George?' I find it suspicious, your true feelings behind this interview. Yes, the interview was quite interesting, yet although I was ignorant of your true feelings of George at the time.... I wonder why you interviewed him and continuously slashed his ever move and moves thereafter quite blatantly on the forum. If and what was your motive behind this interview? Curious as always....

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 01-12-2007 12:15 PM

Thank you Linnea, having said that I haven't been totally innocent in the past regarding this deck but agree enough is enough. This forum has had a free reign for a long time and is not overly moderated, in fact most decks are not moderated at all and for the most part hasn't been necessary, I don't want to see this become a hate forum either and Linnea is right in saying so, and I don't think Art likes it either. As far as many of us belonging to other forums so what, diverse people have other interests, that doesn't mean you can't have loyalty to more than one venue.......we have a lot thoughtful hard working members on this forum who spend much time researching and posting important timely information and Linnea like many of us have full time jobs and still find the time to make this a great forum and it will continue to be with or without you.
Last edited by Shirleypal on 01-12-2007 12:23 PM, edited 1 time in total.

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 01-12-2007 12:29 PM

Live365 wrote: Those are my thoughts.

Mine, too!
racehorse

Dixie Butcher
Pirate

Post by Dixie Butcher » 01-12-2007 12:46 PM

wcstflyer wrote: I generally stay out of the Art Bell vs. George Noory argument, but I agree there are a segment of people who cannot accept, even years later, that George is the host of C2C. They seem to spend astonishing amounts of time dissecting every miscue and perceived lapse of questioning George makes on the show, with the conclusion that "Art would have conducted the interview much better." Please folks, get over it.

Wow. Flyer, I don't know what to say.... you're scaring me. But for a start, come on!!! --you read here!!! You know perfectly well that many of us - most of the biggest detractors- don't say "Art could do it better" - we say, "Anyone could do it better!!" I appreciate your argument, but please don't misquote (some) of us.

Dixie Butcher
Pirate

Post by Dixie Butcher » 01-12-2007 12:48 PM

IvyQ wrote: Dixie, a question to you that I've always wanted to ask.... Why were you so agressive in your wanting to do an interview with George?' I find it suspicious, your true feelings behind this interview. Yes, the interview was quite interesting, yet although I was ignorant of your true feelings of George at the time.... I wonder why you interviewed him and continuously slashed his ever move and moves thereafter quite blatantly on the forum. If and what was your motive behind this interview? Curious as always....

Thank you, Ivy! God bless you, I've been waiting 4 months for someone to ask this. Gimme a sec. (okay, 1/2 hour... ;) )

Dixie Butcher
Pirate

Post by Dixie Butcher » 01-12-2007 12:55 PM

Linnea wrote: How much longer is this Noory trashing going to go on? And - there seems to be a C2C program manager trash now added in.

When Art returned to the high desert - I believe I heard him say on the air to 'take care of George' - there was no way Art would ever return to full time on the show - and he needed George to carry the program as main host.

I have a problem with all this, and the Fantastic Forum has a problem with all this.
Oh. I thought he meant "Take care of George" in a kind of "Godfather" sort of way. It's all in the interpretation... mysterious and reassuring...

Seriously, Linnea, I'm having a hard time understanding exactly what it is you want from us, so I just say what is on my mind, and you plank me, you plank me. I don't know what else to do.

A couple of months ago when there was a question of "censorship" on board and someone from "After Dark" or "Prem. Radio" came out you, I recall you shouting "freedom of speech" from the Crow's Nest while waving your sword at them... and I though, "Damn! Right on!"

And now the pendulum seems to have swung again. I'm used to it. Honestly I'd kind of miss the "whoosh" of the damn thing as it sweeps by my head on a seasonal basis. How else would I be able to tell time? :)

It is my opinion that everyone here with an opinion is perfectly capable of voicing it to their own satisfaction. None of the people deemed "Noory Bashers" has (to my recollection) ever told a Noory supporter to beat it. Or to not speak. Most of it encourage it, as we'd like to see evidence of what a great job George is doing. We want proof that he has the intellect that some claim he has.

Some say they're tired of the "same old, same old bashing" all of the time. (For what it's worth, it's not always the same, George Noory provides us with new material, evidence / fodder on a nightly basis.) Well, the street goes two ways. If nothing but favorable comments were allowed, some would tire of that, too. Either set of parties can choose not to read it or join in and defend their stance. Their choice.

Personally, I don't know of any other boards out there that have posters who present their points of view about Noory the way teresius, Silent Blue, Plainsman, myself & many others (who may or may not want to be included in that list) do. Snarky? Sometimes. Confrontational? Check. Unique? Absolutely. Name me one board who will play host to so many ascerbic characters.

I think you should count that as a feather in your cap, Linnea. You have a coup on rogue Pirates, why would you want to plank them? I'm embarrassed to say this, but, how many forums have members who get "fan mail" from non-members? C'mon!!

The Fantastic Forum is better than TV, man! It's broke, sure, but don't try to fix it, it's perfect the way it is. If anything, it might need a little less supervision in some areas. And I'd like it if some of the Right Brained and Left Brained Pirates came back, too - but I think that's out of my jurisdiction. I'm pretty sure my wild rantings about Noory didn't drive any of them away, I'm pretty sure that came from "The Deck I Dare Not Name".

Thalia was right. You wanna call it a Pirate Ship, go ahead, but pirates aren't exactly renowned for being touchy-feelie pussyfooters.

Whatever you decide to do, Good Luck & Best Wishes, Linnea. A gift for you, The Grievous Angel, the Patron Saint of the Misunderstood.

Return to “George Noory/C2C AM Topics/Radio topics”