I am a George Noory Fan

George Noory/Guests, Commentary,
Radio topics

Moderator: Super Moderators

TSW
Pirate

I am a George Noory Fan

Post by TSW » 11-03-2006 01:53 PM

I am a George Noory fan. And I'm not afraid to admit it. I like the guy and I enloy a lot of his shows.

To be fair, it took me a long time to come to that conclusion. I resented him something awful when Art stepped down from the weekly show and George chosen as his replacement. George became the man that Could Not Ever Replace Art Bell. I hated him the way I used to hate Jay Leno for taking over for Johnny Carson on the Tonight's Show.

But eventually, George's warm and human radio personality won me over. I like how he handles politics particularly. He knows his stuff.

As a last note, of the shows I've recently downloaded from C2C to listen to, I've particularly enloyed the following:

Sept 28th, 2006, Supernaturals and Altered States
Sept 18th 2006, Psychic Vampires
Sept 11, 2006, the 9-11 show
April 5th 2006, Surveillance & Electronic Attacks
<div align="right"><font size="3">*~~Teri</div></font>
<div align="right"><font size="2">I speak, therefore I am ... </div

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 11-03-2006 02:17 PM

Well you'll get to listen to him past his pronoucement of retirement in 2012 cuz last night he stated (again I think) that he will be working past 2012 on C2C and they will have to take him away in a gurney at 65 or thereafter.

I guess he has much confidence that C2C is his show. And I think Art has let him know this by what Art has stated to us a couple of weekends ago. He stated that GN can take the show which every way he wants to. It's his show.

The C2C we once knew with Art at the helm is gone.:(
Last edited by tiffany on 11-03-2006 02:20 PM, edited 1 time in total.

HB3

Post by HB3 » 11-03-2006 02:22 PM

George could be farting in the microphone for four hours these days for all I know of the show.

Dixie Butcher
Pirate

Post by Dixie Butcher » 11-03-2006 02:28 PM

Welcome aboard, TSW - (should we call you Teri?). Can you hear me licking my chops as I slowly approach you, one giant paw at a time? :D

Just kiddin'! I'm super glad you're here and I hope you'll stick around. I wish we had more Pirates who were George Noory fans who would post with some regularity and clarity. It seems you're a Streamlink member, too? :cool:

He definitely seems more comfortable with politics than he does with the paranormal. Did you like Art better when he covered the paranormal, or when he got into politics and conspiracies? Tell us a little about yourself and your history as a Coast to Coast listener. All time favorite shows? Opinions on past substitute hosts? Heard any of Ian's newer shows?

Nice to have you here! Hopefully you've read enough back-posts to know that although I don't think George is what he pretends to be, I'm not 100% evil.

Say, have you read "Worker in the Light"? Surely if you're a fan you have, or intend to read it soon, yes?

Neamhain
Pirate

Post by Neamhain » 11-03-2006 03:10 PM

LOL @ Dix! Put those rotten ta'maters down! ;)

Don't worry TSW--There are a few of us that don't hate George.

(psssst: They are quietly converting me.)
Cuimhnich air na daoine o

Nemo me impune lacesset

TSW
Pirate

Post by TSW » 11-03-2006 03:12 PM

Hi Dixie,

About me? Well, I am a long time listener – started in 1998 listening online, and then later on the radio when I could get the reception. Now I'm back online as I'm living in the sticks.

I've been a long time Art Bell Fan, and did the only (that I know of) flash music video of Art and the song Conspiracy Radio , which is still on my website. Art drew me in with stuff on UFOs, shadow people, Bigfoot and mysterious holes in the ground.

I've just started listening to Ian in earnest, having downloaded about three of his shows now. He is a kick. Love his weird news and emails. He's also a very good interviewer.

Have not yet read “Worker in the Light”, though to be honest, it did take me a decade to get to Art's “Art of Talk”. And I haven't yet read Art's “The Quickening” or “Super Storm”. So ... soon ... um, yeah.

:-)

One example of why I've come to like George Noory:

The other night he talked about discovering those Genie Halloween Balls. He was giddy as a kid in a candy shop about them, and then said he had bought up several of them as gifts for friends because they were so cool. I found that just charming.

I'm just speculating here, but I'd guess that Noory hasn't always had enough money. As that's just the kind of thing a person does when they suddenly realize that they can “buy that thing” and then end up buying a bunch for friends too. Just because they can.
Last edited by TSW on 11-03-2006 03:26 PM, edited 1 time in total.
<div align="right"><font size="3">*~~Teri</div></font>
<div align="right"><font size="2">I speak, therefore I am ... </div

Plainsman
Pirate

Post by Plainsman » 11-03-2006 05:15 PM

Every time the Mayan calendar comes up, George mentions that he doesn't plan to retire until they carry him out on a gurney. It's become a Pavlovian response. I don't think he realizes how much he depresses everone with these comments (or maybe he does).

Also, I think it's really an urban myth that George does politics so well. After all he does everyting else so poorly, people tend to want to search around and find something the guy does well. He may do politics better than paranormal subjects, but that doesn'[t mean he does politics well. Actually, I'm trying to think of some political subject that I can remember him doing such a bang up job on. I can't really think of anything. I suppose you could cite the Dubai Port Scandal, except he continually lies and claims he dug that one up while walking around LA in his trenchcoat one day. History will show that George Noory did not unearth the "Dubai Port Scandal. BTW, I believe the ports are still owed by Dubai, so George is doing a very poor job of staying on the story he allegedly broke. Truth be known, everything he knows about the Dubai story he read (badly) on The Drudge Report.

Plainsman
Pirate

Post by Plainsman » 11-03-2006 05:23 PM

Actually, I think George does singer/entertainer shows somewhat well. I know a hell of a lot more about Marilyn Monroe and Pat Boone than I ever wanted to know. No, I take that back. He does entertainment shows a lot, which is not the same as doing them well. I'm not even sure you could say he does commericals with entertainers well. For sure, he doesn't write books well.

The more superficial the topic, the better George does at it, but that really not the same as doing it well.

I'll keep thinking. There must be something that George does well.

Dixie Butcher
Pirate

Post by Dixie Butcher » 11-03-2006 05:59 PM

Plainsman wrote: I'll keep thinking. There must be something that George does well.

I was going to say "not tell the truth", but since I and others have caught him prevaricating, that's not true either!

Dixie Butcher
Pirate

Post by Dixie Butcher » 11-03-2006 06:38 PM

TSW wrote: I'm just speculating here, but I'd guess that Noory hasn't always had enough money. As that's just the kind of thing a person does when they suddenly realize that they can “buy that thing” and then end up buying a bunch for friends too. Just because they can.

Mmmm......aaaayybeeee there were a few periods where he didn't have a lot of money, but from my research (and that of a few others behind the scenes), I see no evidence of him ever being what you would call poor. Although since he reads here, I'd not be a bit surprised if sometime in the near future he starts coming up with stories about his impoverished childhood, pulling himself up by his bootstraps, etc...
He does do or say something once in awhile that I find charming, but I can't recollect one off the top of my head.

But hey!! Thanks for the introduction, it's a pleasure to meet you. Obviously you have good taste since you're enjoying Ian!! ;) Don't you mind Neamhain ;), I won't throw maters at you, just at Noory!
Neamhain wrote: (psssst: They are quietly converting me.)
-Hey Lady ( :p ) - we're just presenting the facts, it's not our fault if your intellect is such that you're beginning to doubt Mr. Noory's talents! :D
(regardless of how you feel about G.N., I sure do enjoy your & Black Irish's prescence here, y'all are great fun & smart cookies!

Plainsman
Pirate

Post by Plainsman » 11-03-2006 06:49 PM

George has three Emmys and is renowned in both Detroit and St. Louis radio/tv circles. Now, he is the star of a PremRad radio show. One of his PremRad radio stablemates, Rush Limbaugh, last contract was for $25 million, so I don't think George is doing too bad. He probably bought his balls with the royalties from his book, which last I knew was rated 1,472 in the country, without a bullet.

I remember Art saying the first time he came back that he didn't want more money, he just wanted some changes to the show, including less commercials! I don't think Art did C2C for the money.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 11-03-2006 07:38 PM

I am from Detroit and never heard of him and no one I know has ever heard of him........ I don't know what circles he is supposed to be renowned in, couldn't be the general public. I have been an avid radio listener all my adult life and could list here the popular known radio personalties, some known nationally. Dixie didn't you say you couldn't find any evidence of his Emmy's? The big news stations here are WJR, WWJ and WXYZ now WXYT which changed its format to all sports a long time ago.

Dixie Butcher
Pirate

Post by Dixie Butcher » 11-03-2006 08:16 PM

Dang. I posted something, but decided I didn't want to tip my hand that much, :)..

Better sleep on it before I reply... :D, I know those guys read here...
Last edited by Dixie Butcher on 11-03-2006 08:23 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Post by Live365 » 11-03-2006 08:39 PM

TSW,

I just wanted to quietly say that I not only know you as a member of the Ship, but also as a major contributor to the old -- *OLD* -- Art Bell HAM site. I appreciate your post.

The war in Iraq, the war on Terror, the war in our Country, the war in the World...that's not enough. We need an Art vs. George war too.

I'm SICK of it. Get lives.

Thank you for yer thread, TSW. My "ancillary comments", do not apply to you.

And for the record, so you all know, I will not be back to this thread to see how badly I was slammed. :)

{:D :D }
Last edited by Live365 on 11-03-2006 08:41 PM, edited 1 time in total.
Did you ever stop to think, and then forget to start again?

Dynja
Pirate

Post by Dynja » 11-03-2006 09:29 PM

Shirleypal wrote: I am from Detroit and never heard of him and no one I know has ever heard of him........ I don't know what circles he is supposed to be renowned in, couldn't be the general public. I have been an avid radio listener all my adult life and could list here the popular known radio personalties, some known nationally. Dixie didn't you say you couldn't find any evidence of his Emmy's? The big news stations here are WJR, WWJ and WXYZ now WXYT which changed its format to all sports a long time ago.

I am also from Detroit and I knew exactly who George was, when he took over for Art. I was pleased when George inherited the show and my disappointment is not with his performance, but rather in the direction the show has taken.

Return to “George Noory/C2C AM Topics/Radio topics”