George Noory's Book

George Noory/Guests, Commentary,
Radio topics

Moderator: Super Moderators

dansgold
Pirate

Post by dansgold » 08-12-2006 02:08 PM

circledancer wrote: If not George, then who?

Just off the top of my head:

Ian Punnet
Peter Weissbach
George Knapp

Any one of whom is better qualified to man the helm of C2C.
-- dansgold
The avalanche has started, it is too late for the pebbles to vote.

HurricaneJoanie
Pirate Queen

Post by HurricaneJoanie » 08-12-2006 02:23 PM

SO good to see you back on the ship, Dansgold!!
It's either real or it's a dream, There's nothing that is in between. ~ Jeff Lynne

Iris
Pirate

Post by Iris » 08-12-2006 08:19 PM

I'll second that, dear Joanie.

Dans, we've missed you! Hope you'll stick around.
We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. B. Franklin

Clatu
Pirate

Post by Clatu » 08-14-2006 06:25 PM

dansgold wrote: Just off the top of my head:

Ian Punnet
Peter Weissbach
George Knapp

Any one of whom is better qualified to man the helm of C2C.

But not today.

Clatu:D

Mosby's Raiders
Pirate

Post by Mosby's Raiders » 08-14-2006 09:16 PM

George Knapp

finngirl
Pirate

Post by finngirl » 08-15-2006 10:13 AM

... Noory also spent nine years in the United States Naval Reserve as an officer, being awarded the distinguished Navy Achievement Award

does OCS produce active duty officers & NROTC produce reserve officers? I'm confused ...
but the "no boot camp for me" sorta tips it toward NROTC ... ?

The United States Navy's Officer Candidate School (OCS), located at NAS Pensacola, Florida provides training to become a commissioned officer. Attendance at OCS is one possible way of becoming an U.S. Navy officer (the other including the Naval Reserve Officer Training Corps (NROTC), graduation from United States Naval Academy, or Officer Indoctrination School). OCS classes are designated by the fiscal year of their graduation (e.g., 08-04 was the eighth OCS class to graduate in fiscal year 2004; 01-05 was the first OCS class to graduate in fiscal year 2005).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Officer_Ca ... S._Navy%29

NROTC/Naval Reserve Officer Training Corps:
Under the modern U.S. Naval ROTC system, graduates become active duty officers rather than reserve officers. The Naval Reserve Officer Training Corps commissions individuals into either the United States Navy as an Ensign or United States Marine Corps as a Second Lieutenant. (The two ranks are equivalent). While attending college, these prospective officer candidates are known as Midshipmen. Whereas Naval Academy Midshipmen are on active duty, NROTC Midshipmen are in the Naval Reserve but are on active duty for periods of training during the summer. The primary difference is that NROTC Midshipmen attend an ordinary civilian college or university, whereas Naval Academy Midshipmen attend the U.S. Naval Academy in Annapolis, MD, which is a much more regimented, military environment.

ROTC is one of the three main ways to become a U.S. Naval Officer. The other ways include the Naval Academy and Navy Officer Candidate School (OCS). OCS admits candidates who already have a college degree, and is similar to a boot camp for officers. ROTC and Academy graduates are generally required to become Unrestricted Line Officers, while Navy OCS graduates can choose to become Restricted, Unrestricted Line or Staff Officers. Unrestricted Line Officers are Surface, Submarine, Aviation, or Special Warfare (SEAL) Officers. The restricted line includes other officers, such as Naval Intelligence and Information Warfare officers; Staff officers serve supporting roles such as JAG officers and medical officers.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naval_Rese ... ning_Corps

The Achievement Medal is the lowest of the United States military’s meritorious service medals. The Achievement Medal was first proposed as a means to recognize the contributions of junior officers and enlisted personnel who were not be eligible to receive the higher Commendation Medal or the Meritorious Service Medal.

Since the Achievement Medal is designated as an award solely for junior personnel, it is generally only awarded to officers in the pay grade of O-4 and below and enlisted personnel below the grade of E-7
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Navy_Achievement_Medal

Dixie Butcher
Pirate

Post by Dixie Butcher » 08-15-2006 02:14 PM

Welcome finngirl, and thanks for sifting through wikipedia for us. I'm still confused, but understand a little better now.

Also -glad to see you back, Clatu! You were absent for a few days, and I was worried about you.

To Mosby's Raiders: :cool: Doesn't George Knapp have a regular gig? I never fail to smile when I read that you're "in Dixie".

Clatu
Pirate

Post by Clatu » 08-15-2006 07:24 PM

Dixie Butcher wrote: Welcome finngirl, and thanks for sifting through wikipedia for us. I'm still confused, but understand a little better now.

Also -glad to see you back, Clatu! You were absent for a few days, and I was worried about you.

To Mosby's Raiders: :cool: Doesn't George Knapp have a regular gig? I never fail to smile when I read that you're "in Dixie".

Thanks DB, had to take a bit of time to recover.

Clatu:)

spaceprophet
Pirate

Post by spaceprophet » 08-15-2006 10:01 PM

Dixie Butcher wrote: Doesn't George Knapp have a regular gig?
His day job is as an investigative journalist for KLAS TV in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Knapp was one of the first people to report on the strange UFO goings on at Area 51 and that there was a possibility that alien technology was being tested there back in 1989.

He also wrote a book called "Hunt for the Skinwalker" with Colm Kelleher. A pretty good read if I do say so myself. Don't read it at night.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man. - Jack Handey

Clatu
Pirate

Post by Clatu » 08-15-2006 10:18 PM

Knapp is the reporter who investigated the story and aired Robert Lazar's S4 situation, I believe it was 1989. Knapp's an ace reporter on EBE/UFO stuff. GN asked him to contribute to Coast to Coast AM when needed a few months ago. I don't know what transpired after that as to if George Knapp was consigned? But what a great enhancement that would be to CtC.

Clatu

Plainsman
Pirate

Post by Plainsman » 08-18-2006 08:34 PM

circledancer wrote: If not George, then who?

Art Bell.

HurricaneJoanie
Pirate Queen

Post by HurricaneJoanie » 08-18-2006 08:39 PM

Thank you, Plainsman. :)
It's either real or it's a dream, There's nothing that is in between. ~ Jeff Lynne

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 08-18-2006 08:51 PM

I will second that Plainsman and Joanie.

TrinityR
Pirate

Post by TrinityR » 08-18-2006 09:23 PM

We have a third. Motion carried!! :D

ElKamino
Dark Enity

Post by ElKamino » 08-19-2006 02:20 AM

Originally posted by HB3
"George Noory -- On Provalone"

Cheesy...

Return to “George Noory/C2C AM Topics/Radio topics”