Nationwide Vaccination program for Smallpox?

Health, bio-technology

Moderator: Super Moderators

lutefisk
Pirate

Nationwide Vaccination program for Smallpox?

Post by lutefisk » 09-23-2002 01:59 PM

Here is a news article concerning SmallPox vaccinations for the entire United States population.

http://www2.bostonherald.com/news/natio ... 232002.htm
Here's another one to consider:

http://www.cnn.com/2002/HEALTH/conditio ... x.vaccine/

My question to all you Pirates is this: what happens if anyone refuses to get the vaccine, and how can they possible hold the huge amount of people that may refuse the vaccine, and wouldn't the notion of a much needed vaccine be the perfect way to introduce nanotech monitoring devices into the population?

I've been studying the advances made in Nanotech the last few months and believe me, it's not as far fetched as it sounds.

Here's just a wee taste o' nanotech:
http://itri.loyola.edu/nano/NSET.Societ ... si-s63.pdf
Here's a bit more.

Dr. Kimberly Hamad-Schifferli, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Metal nanocrystals can be used as antennas for biological systems which control their activity. The authors present results in which DNA and proteins are linked to 1.4nm diameter gold nanocrystals. The nanocrystals are inductively heated, which is achieved by placing the sample in an external magnetic field (frequency ~1GHz) to induce alternating eddy currents in the nanocrystals. As a result, the nanocrystals transfer heat to surrounding molecules. Induction heating of nanocrystals linked to DNA oligonucleotides in solution has been shown to dehybridize the DNA in a manner that is localized and reversible. In addition, nanocrystals have also been attached to the enzyme Ribonuclease S, allowing reversible and specific control of hydrolysis of RNA. Applications in biology and nanotechnology will be discussed.

It's fascinating to me, how incredibly advanced one faction of our Science is, and yet, it's barely being noticed in the public eye.

Nanotech TODAY is so advanced, that it looks like "Alien Intervention." I truly am suspicious of any kind of "mass inoculation" program. When you go on the web and start going through the thousands of bits of info on this science, you will notice (Of course!) how much of this is being funded by Defense and Military.

WHY???

[This message has been edited by lutefisk (edited 23 September 2002).]

Poptart8
Pirate

Post by Poptart8 » 09-23-2002 07:41 PM

to answer your last question, to identify whose human from the aliens.
We can sympathize with a child who is afraid of the dark, but the real tragedy of life is that most people are afraid of the light.

lutefisk
Pirate

Post by lutefisk » 09-24-2002 12:39 AM

Ya make a really good point there Maryall's, I should have been clearer. Image What I meant was, How would there be room enough in the jails for those who refused to get the vaccine? How would they be punished? Or, would they be forced at gunpoint, to take the vaccine?

There are most likely going to be LOTS of casualties when dealing with such a large population as the US. Tonight on the National News Peter Jennings actually said that the Vaccine itself may cause some people to die of complications.
Why isn't there a vaccine against WestNile Virus? It's been around long enough to have plenty to work with. Just wondering.

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 09-24-2002 10:59 AM

A recent news broadcast from medical report stated that many people who had vaccines as children are still immune. This could prove interesting....

lutefisk
Pirate

Post by lutefisk » 09-24-2002 01:04 PM

Cherry that is really interesting!! Do you remember which News Service that was?

I've been wondering how long the immunity lasts as we were told when we were kids that it would last all our lives.

scdee55
Pirate

Post by scdee55 » 09-24-2002 05:31 PM

Does anyone know which religious groups have objections to vaccines? Am not sure but thinking that Christian Scientists and Jehovah's Witnesses are able to claim a religious objection to them.

Dee

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 09-25-2002 10:08 AM

lutefisk - I had my radio on - one of those medical update segments. Might just have to websearch - - -

lutefisk
Pirate

Post by lutefisk » 09-25-2002 12:17 PM

Maryals, the Ouija board worked for the Gulf Breeze Six! I'll NEVER understand what happened in that case.

It's going to be interesting to watch how all this unfolds. Just found out that there are sporadic cases of Polio happening with WestNile now.

http://www.rense.com/general29/polio.htm

Something Wicked this way comes.

Return to “Health”