Stressed soldiers to be treated with cannabis

Weird and unusual, whacked out news!

Moderator: Super Moderators

Maties, how do you feel?

No opinion
15%
Kewl! where do I sign up!?
15%
This is a dangerous substance, aren't we fighting a war on drugs?
10%
There are plenty of other safe, legit options available.
5%
Great idea! A natural herbal remedy
40%
My feelings aren't represented in these selections
5%
Polling pirates is unconstitutional and illegal in 13 states
10%

Total votes: 20

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Stressed soldiers to be treated with cannabis

Post by Dale O Sea » 08-12-2004 11:41 AM

found on another forum:

Date: August 5 2004

Israeli soldiers suffering from combat stress after tours of duty in the Palestinian territories could soon be treated with cannabis to relieve their symptoms, the Ma'ariv daily reported.

The mental health department of the Medical Corps is set to to begin tests in the next few days on volunteers suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder after reserve duty, the paper said.

A scientist who will help conduct the experiment heads a research team, which discovered that cannabis helped mice that had suffered physical stress and even reduced the risk of stroke.

Hundreds of Israelis have been treated for combat stress after performing their mandatory national service in the West Bank and Gaza Strip.

There was no immediate comment on the report from the Israeli military.
LINK
Alternate source of same story
Ditto
*not my graphic below-found on 'net.
Last edited by Dale O Sea on 08-12-2004 12:24 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Sinner
Pirate

Post by Sinner » 08-12-2004 02:25 PM

This is an outrage!

Whats next? Mounting 50 cal. on top of a VW hippie van?
Last edited by Sinner on 08-12-2004 02:30 PM, edited 1 time in total.
-Sinner

Cpt Spike Mike
Joint Chief

Post by Cpt Spike Mike » 08-12-2004 04:07 PM

FOR HIRE: 4O-year-old male with prior aircraft recognition & air-defense training. Also experienced at rolling doobies while on the move in an armored vehicle. Will require 5-gallon Jerry can of Wild Turkey, one unbreakable bong, rolling papers, screens (stainless steel), bobby pins and one solar-powered sand-resistant CD player with lots of Metallica!

Will also operate .5Ocal on top of Microbus. Would prefer 2Omm or 7.62mm Gatling. :D

pyrite
Pirate

Post by pyrite » 08-13-2004 01:52 AM

i propose we start a holy order of dedicated servants that spend their time making sure the soldiers all have their joints ready and delivered to the war zone to aid in their speedy recovery from undue levels of stress....we could be the designated......HOLY ROLLERS!:eek:

mudwoman
Pirate

Post by mudwoman » 08-13-2004 02:46 AM

My avatar and 'Location' speak for me. :D

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 08-13-2004 05:44 AM

pyrite wrote: i propose we start a holy order of dedicated servants that spend their time making sure the soldiers all have their joints ready and delivered to the war zone to aid in their speedy recovery from undue levels of stress....we could be the designated......HOLY ROLLERS!:eek:
Sign me up. I want to do my part. I've been looking for a spiritual outlet, anyway. Spike can ride shotgun...er, rather Gatling gun. ImageImage
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I say both sides, up to the highest ranking generals and commanders (in-chief too), need to torch up a big fatty now and then. We might find a more peaceful existence...at least till they ran out. ;)

Cpt Spike Mike
Joint Chief

Post by Cpt Spike Mike » 08-13-2004 12:42 PM

"My avatar and 'Location' speak for me."- mudwoman
You're going to set a biker dog's nose of fire? :D :D :D

Fire up some of THIS and wade off into the fray!! :eek: :cool:

mudwoman
Pirate

Post by mudwoman » 08-13-2004 01:03 PM

Spike Mike wrote: You're going to set a biker dog's nose of fire? :D :D :D

Fire up some of THIS and wade off into the fray!! :eek: :cool:
ROFLMAO

Fray? Fray!?

Dang Spike, if I put that in my trusty pipe, this ole gal wouldn't move for days!

:cool:

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate
Location: SW IN USA-UK Midlands SCANIAowner @ Sound Cloud - @ Supernaturalearth

Re: Stressed soldiers to be treated with cannabis

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 07-24-2016 09:27 PM

Bump........ :arrow:

Many Americans are not as skeptical of this natural treatment for PTSD as they once were 14 years ago. The main skeptic in the way now is the U S government! :P

In the OP from Dale 0 Sea the second link below the first link goes right to the "old" study. :oops:

:lol: Speaking of the Vice Channel and their Weedicutt show just now, THEY are all over the use of Mary Jane to save thousands of US Veteran's lives! :wink:

MK II 8)
[*]@ #2 Find the eerie antedating of 12/7/1941 vs 9/11/01

#1 A

https://youtu.be/DUY8aSx8-yo

#1 B

🌎 πŸ” 🌏 πŸ—» 🌍 πŸŒ‹
https://youtu.be/ajRuvYMk30E

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/superna ... -t543.html

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 07-24-2016 10:47 PM

Study Finds Drop In Prescription Drugs In Medical Marijuana States

States looking for a way to reduce Medicare spending and prescription drug use may want to turn to legalizing medical marijuana, a new study suggests.

The District of Columbia and the 17 states that had medical marijuana as an alternative to prescription drugs in 2013 saved an estimated total of $165.2 million in Medicare program and enrollee spending that year, researchers at the University of Georgia reported in the journal Health Affairs this month.

β€œThe results suggest that if all states had implemented medical marijuana the overall savings to Medicare would have been around $468 million,” a press release on the findings stated.

More...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/med ... e?section=
β€œFor evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 07-25-2016 03:15 AM

Ann,

Thank you for doing your homework for us. I've done the stuff 2 times in rolled cigs. It was nicer than nice! I say few are aware of what you've posted above with it's link. I think, do correct me, that the RNC did not mention it's "lives" saving use replacing the over prescribed too numerous brand names of mind bending drug concoctions. I doubt the DNC will bring it's benefits up this week. :P If either side wins they'll be "sticks-in-the-mud" on cannabis. I hear there is an exception named former NM Governor Gary Johnson! :wink:

If a new drug fails it's guinea pig patients, people die and it gets pulled. The bad side effects mentioned on Big Pharma's TV adds, now seemingly more in number than new auto ads, last as long to mention as it's "NEW" benefits. :?

:confused: Rarely does anyone walk the plank when a BP drug fails! With a secretive use of cannabis the side effects is that millions of Americans subjected to being caught as users are then "MADE" to walk the plank for using it's mind enhancing benefits! :plank:

:huhsmile: Now let's hope Dale O Sea receives 1 e-mail notice of action in his effort here! Maybe he'll be back soon. :idea:

Thanks Ann,

MK II :coolhat: Pay no attention to the hat but the smoking doobie* is saving US Veteran's lives by hopefully reducing the daily suicide count downwards from 22! Surviving after fighting and standing by bravely to maybe die for your country now has an even darker meaning! :oops:

* "Whoa oh, ohoooo! Listen to the music! Whoa oh, ohoooo! Listen to the music!" The Dobbie Brothers 1973 was it?
Last edited by Malaria_Kidd II on 07-25-2016 04:56 PM, edited 2 times in total.

#1 A

#1 B

🌎 πŸ” 🌏 πŸ—» 🌍 πŸŒ‹

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 07-25-2016 02:04 PM

You are most welcome MK. :)

I have found that pot affects different people in different ways. A couple of my elderly buddies have pot medical prescriptions for pain and for one of them, it does not help.

I smoked frequently in the 80's and then quit. I didn't use for years until I had a knee replacement and the meds I was taking caused extreme nausea. I knew pot helped cancer patients control nausea, so I had a friend bring me some and wow, it did the trick. After I recovered from the surgery I stopped again. But then arthritis gradually took over my body and it became difficult to walk my dogs, so now I use it just before we set out for a walk. I don't care how it works, whether just being high does it, or if it really does take away the pain, it works and at my age that's all I care about. Prescribed pain killers suck! I hope big pharma doesn't raise their pay offs to politicians in order to keep pot illegal.

They say pot inhibits energy and ambition etc. Sure, when you're high it does, but it had no affect on my overall ambition to work hard and get ahead in life. But I have known lazy people that smoked heavily and the family put their lack of motivation down to the heavy pot smoking. Who really knows?

Years ago I took a course to help my career. The pass rate for this thing was low, it was difficult and I flunked the exam twice. Nerves got the better of me! As I am a tenacious individual, I gave it one more try and on the way to the college I took a few tokes and passed the exam with a pretty decent mark. Go figure!
β€œFor evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 07-25-2016 03:40 PM

:peace: :facepalm: Prescription drugs suck is right!

I like what you wrote how it's benefited your life. The count maybe 24 States that have it waiting on their to doobie lists! That'll take years like every good thing does to help citizens when their government's of the world get smacked in the face with reality!

The drug wars makes lots of money and the jails and prisons are so over crowded. All those expenses are paid for with money in tight stacks having a very high % of humidity! Spending "it" as fast as they print let's "it" dry out. :P

The Feds legalizing cannabis may happen the same day that our POTUS of any party tells us life exists "out there" in space! :P

MK II :)

#1 A

#1 B

🌎 πŸ” 🌏 πŸ—» 🌍 πŸŒ‹

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 07-25-2016 04:16 PM

This happens to be one of those situations where medical science shows a benefit to patients, but it's denied without special permit.

The irony of this is that Ohio just passed a medical marijuana bill, but it can only be purchased from "select" dealers. You can't grow even one plant for your own consumption. To me, that's denial of reasonable treatment, and buying from one state licensed person smells of cronyism and cartel.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 07-25-2016 05:17 PM

voguy wrote:The irony of this is that Ohio just passed a medical marijuana bill, but it can only be purchased from "select" dealers. You can't grow even one plant for your own consumption. To me, that's denial of reasonable treatment, and buying from one state licensed person smells of cronyism and cartel.
Pot will be legal in Canada next year, or so they keep telling us. The fact that folks will not be allowed to grow their own, pisses me off. I can grow my own lettuce, but not my own pot. :huhsmile:

Return to β€œWeird Nooz”