Report: Dr. Zahi Hawass to Retire!

Ancient archaeology, star gates, the Mars connection, searching for lost Atlantis, evidence of ancient catastrophies, underwater cities...

Moderator: Super Moderators

racehorse
Pirate

Report: Dr. Zahi Hawass to Retire!

Post by racehorse » 04-03-2010 08:45 PM

Dr. Zahi Hawass Retirement!

Do not ask us how we know ask us not who we know, but we know it. Three independent sources have recently confirmed us that hard work is to Zahi Hawass, the conservative and unpopular big boss of the Egyptian pyramids among others, his rush to tackle. After this summer it would be ready. In the Egyptian parliament, week after week he gets heavy headwind. There are countless examples of his political debacles. The frustration is still the most marks in people who are directly affected. Archaeologist Sam Osmanagich example. Although geologists from Emmy-winner Hawass sure that at least one pyramid in Bosnia, Zahi calls himself a heap of stones after hallucinating that looks like a pyramid. In Egypt, archaeologists and researchers also suffered from him. It's annoying not to be allowed to investigate when you know that something under the ground. Take for example the Sphinx ...

Not that anything bad Zahi Hawass did, but he played it safe on. The timeline that we call history should still be fine-tuned, but drastically upset throw was never an option. Another few months and the archaeological world is changing. Without that Hawass wants anywhere between sitting and refuses to allow projects that threaten our well-known history of head up, we may meet a nice time. If there is not another deeply conservative media on horny bloke sits down, of course.

http://translate.google.com/translate?p ... hi-Hawass/

--

Thanks to Shirleypal for providing this important information. :)

I will not miss Dr. Hawass! ;)
racehorse

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 04-03-2010 08:50 PM

Thanks racehorse, this great news if true and there will be many who will be happy, hopefully who ever takes his place will be more scientific and open minded.

Swerdloc
Pirate

Post by Swerdloc » 04-03-2010 09:28 PM

According to Wikipedia, Hawass is only 62. Can anyone honestly see this media butterfly retiring unless he's forced to? Not that I wouldn't be overjoyed to see someone else running the show at Giza. But I'll believe it when it happens.

BTW, the Google translation of Dutch to English is almost laughably incomprehensible, or so it seems, because I don't speak Dutch.:rolleyes:
Anchors Aweigh

Bobbi Snow
Pirate

Post by Bobbi Snow » 04-04-2010 02:27 AM

I think he answers to the Muslim Overseers, and if they are tired of people criticizing his way of handling adverse theories, especially those coming from the U.S., then they may be planning to put someone more adamant - someone who is not as politically correct, in charge.

This is sad, because it may mean that anyone who has been welcomed there, and then gone on to disagree with his stance on alternate theories in a global manner, will probably be forbidden from future visits and archeological projects.

I believe he knows far more than he's ever been allowed to say... And although he's at times been somewhat forceful in his denials, perhaps the Muslims-in-charge believe it's time for a hard-liner to take control.

Perhaps he's actually found the copies of the Library from Alexandria - the ones Cayce predicted would be discovered. And perhaps he would like to eventually make those discoveries known, for the good of the world. If anything in those records discriminate against the Muslim beliefs, then he would no longer be in good standing with the Politically Elite. He will probably just disappear, if he really does step down.
ImageIf you're still breathing, it's not too late!

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 04-04-2010 09:56 AM

Just recieved this email from Graham Hankcock
Dear Shirley,
Just received new information from someone better informed than me about Zahi's retirement:

"Zahi is meant to be retiring from his position in the SCA in May (he said this publicly in London in December), but already he has been given a new honorary position in the Government under the Minister of Culture as the person directly responsible for running of the SCA. So they can’t get him out even if they wanted. This said, the new General Secretary of the SCA is not going to accept any kind of control from someone outside the organization, so things could change now."

All the best
Graham

Corvid
Anchors Aweigh

Post by Corvid » 04-04-2010 12:23 PM

The "SCA" that I am familiar with is the "Society for California Archaeology" but, in any case, I cringed whenever I saw Zahi's excavation technique (in a staged TV "discovery" that equaled Geraldo Rivera's "Capone Vault" nonsense) which was in total disregard of provenience, recordation and proper methodology. I would have thrown him off of my excavation in seconds.

I would hope that his replacement is an impartial scientist.... not a media whore.

Swerdloc
Pirate

Post by Swerdloc » 04-04-2010 12:33 PM

SCA = Supreme Council of Antiquities. The Wizengamot of Giza, or something like that.
Anchors Aweigh

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 04-04-2010 03:56 PM

Well, I hope this is true, and if so, I hope his replacement is someone BETTER! More professional, at least!
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Return to “Ancient Archaeology”