Dinosaur eggs are found in India

Ancient archaeology, star gates, the Mars connection, searching for lost Atlantis, evidence of ancient catastrophies, underwater cities...

Moderator: Super Moderators

Shirleypal
Pirate

Dinosaur eggs are found in India

Post by Shirleypal » 10-02-2009 12:25 PM

Geologists in southern India say they have found hundreds of dinosaur egg clusters which could be about 65 million years old.

It was a chance find discovered when a team of scientists were locating a place to excavate an ancient riverbed in the state of Tamil Nadu.

As they dug deeper they saw layers of what looked like fossilised eggs.

The photos and samples were then sent to various universities who confirmed that they were dinosaur eggs.

Each egg is the size of a football - about 13 to 23cm in diameter, lying buried in sandy nests.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/8284695.stm

Kaztronic

Post by Kaztronic » 10-02-2009 10:13 PM

Think I am due for a visit to the Museum Of Natural History to check out the Dinosaurs, it's been a while (and they've restored the giant blue whale! (which I REALLY want to see) :)

Interesting article, I wonder - do you think some time in the distant future that the relics of our society will be discovered in such a manner?
Image "You'll get used to my babbling, all the others have." - Anna Madrigal from "Tales Of The City" by Armistead Maupin

megman
Parrothead

Post by megman » 10-02-2009 10:40 PM

Kaztronic wrote: Think I am due for a visit to the Museum Of Natural History to check out the Dinosaurs, it's been a while (and they've restored the giant blue whale! (which I REALLY want to see) :)

Interesting article, I wonder - do you think some time in the distant future that the relics of our society will be discovered in such a manner?

Ya, when someone hits a payload of single serving yogurt cups, they'll be writing a thesis on the life and times of the Yoplait Tribe..............
Still an Original Pirate since Aug 2000
Wanna ride the Zamboni?

Return to “Ancient Archaeology”