Ancient Knowledge Discovered in Ethiopia

Ancient archaeology, star gates, the Mars connection, searching for lost Atlantis, evidence of ancient catastrophies, underwater cities...

Moderator: Super Moderators

daboodaddy
Pirate

Post by daboodaddy » 05-28-2003 11:46 AM

Yup! If we let them. Thing is those who think they have authority over us have all the resources, money, power, all sewn up.
Question EVERYTHING, even your OWN thoughts.
A "Daboodaddyism"

squatch
Pirate

Post by squatch » 05-28-2003 01:50 PM

There are some few of us who still have freedom of thought. We will have to lead the rest out of the darkness, even if it means draggin' 'em out kickin' and screamin'. Or maybe we should just fall back to the wilderness and let the rest be pets.

squatch
Pirate

Post by squatch » 05-29-2003 05:53 AM

Ah yes the life of a cat. I say no more.

joequinn
Magister Ludi

The Usefulness of the Search for Human Origins

Post by joequinn » 05-29-2003 09:30 AM

Maryal's question is an excellent one: what is the use of knowledge about human origins? This question needs to be answered in order to justify both the time and the energy spent in answering it.

In one sense, truth does not need utility: we try to learn the truth about human origins for exactly the same reason that Sir Edmund Hillary climbed Mount Everest, "because it's there." We exist to know, and knowledge exists for its own sake, quite apart from its utility within the world. We must NEVER surrender this position because, if we do, then we have to judge the knowledge strictly in terms of its utility, and THAT turns knowledge itself into mere a political and economic entity. Withdisastrous consequences for the entire planet, sooner or later.

But there is a practical use for a knowledge about human origins, and I suggest that it may be a constructively destructive one. We all know just how destructive science and technology can be in the modern world, but what is harder for us to understand is that their destructiveness actually is a function of the world-view behind them. And this world-view, whether in an individual or in a society, is ultimately religious, not secular, at all.

Revealing the truth about human origins can do a great deal towards discrediting the religious institutions which are responsible for so much of the mischief in the world today. Note that I say "religious institutions," not "religion" per se. The religious impulse is one of the deepest of all human instincts, and it can survive and flourish, regardless of what the truth of human origins turns out to be. But the current religious institutions --- and by this I mainly mean the Judaeo-Christian-Islamic ones, out of which modern science and technology sprang in the 17th century --- are a source of endless trouble, and nothing short of a radically different perspective on the Book of Genesis is going to be able to undermine them.

Which is why the search for human origins is so hard, so bitterly opposed, and even so dangerous. But we need to go beyond the destructive literalisms of the Judaeo-Christian-Islamic tradition if we are going to take our rightful place among the civilizations of the cosmos. And that, I submit, the overwhelming utility of the search for human origins.

Regards and best wishes to you, Maryals, and to all,

Joe Quinn
"Fuggedah about it, Jake --- it's Chinatown!"

Devastated
Moderator - Hammock Expert

Post by Devastated » 05-30-2003 07:05 AM

Joe answers on a societal or cultural level, but I believe that individuals, too, on a really basic, solar plexus level, hunger for knowledge about themselves. Who's my biological father (and/or mother), for instance, is a question that drives many individuals. Is it a useful question? Certainly it might be to the asker. I know that when I was a kid, I had a lot of theories and questions about who I was and how I landed in my particular family. And these concerns from a little girl in a stable, intact, middle class nuclear family.
I think these questions must bear fruit on some level for the individual, and I believe that the cultural and global questions about humanity are somehow useful, or they would not get asked. As for the answers and what we do with them....... good question.
You don't have to believe everything that you think...

daboodaddy
Pirate

Post by daboodaddy » 05-30-2003 08:54 AM

We need to know who we are, as humanity, as a species, so we can fight that which has kept us as sheep in the dark since the beginning of our "history"
A "Daboodaddyism"

squatch
Pirate

Post by squatch » 05-30-2003 08:59 AM

Oddly enough it was a preacher who put me on the search/quest fer knowledge. He said in sermon that mankinds greatest temptation from Satan was the thirst fer knowledge. That we should accept what the Bible says and be good christians andscience has gone too far. In my mind , the devil had nothin' to do with it! I asked myself What is he tryin' to hide?

I think I have the answer.

That God/the Gods werent what weve been taught but long live bein's that engineered us fer their own purposes. Why I dont have ALL the answers but I'm still lookin'.

bigdaddy
Pirate

what about the ancient city off cuba?

Post by bigdaddy » 06-07-2003 07:34 PM

doesn't the geophysical evidence show that the city,maybe 20 million years old... that would suggest that we are a peridish of a planet changed several times at the whims of more advanced civilizations.................scary as it maybe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bigdaddy
waiting for my ride to the kingdom of nye

daboodaddy
Pirate

Post by daboodaddy » 06-08-2003 11:16 AM

I've noticed the ancient city off Cuba has not been talked about on the media in quite some time. I would love to see pictures.
A "Daboodaddyism"

bigdaddy
Pirate

no real c2c to discuss it

Post by bigdaddy » 06-08-2003 07:08 PM

the fact that our show has changed for the worst so we aren't getting that news from snoory,premrad or conchannel.too bad because it will be buried away soon....................................watch for that area to become off limits to "protect us from ourselves"
bigdaddy
waiting for my ride to the kingdon of nye

Return to “Ancient Archaeology”