Hancock

Ancient archaeology, star gates, the Mars connection, searching for lost Atlantis, evidence of ancient catastrophies, underwater cities...

Moderator: Super Moderators

benner
Pirate

Hancock

Post by benner » 01-31-2003 05:07 PM

What is the consensus on him? I am halfway through Fingerprints of the Gods, just wondering what kind of discussions I missed about him in the earlier days of the board..

I find it fascinating, but I read all the Von Daniken I could get my hands on when I was an adolescent, and it seems that Hancock is travelling very familiar roads.

As far as I know, Von Daniken was pretty much ridiculed (although I think he was spot on with much of his writing) - does Graham suffer the same way? I have seen a few sites debunking his books, but they seem to solve nothing, just pointing out where he may be wrong, but doing nothing to solve the mysteries he invokes.
Of course the game is rigged. Don't let that stop you - if you don't play, you can't win.

-Robert Heinlein

Mercury
Pirate

Post by Mercury » 01-31-2003 09:36 PM

I liked "Fingerprints of the Gods." He lays out an interesting case. I do know that Hancock has made a few errors here and there but generally I don't think there is anything out there that invalidates or disproves his hypothesis.

I too read all of Von Däniken's stuff years ago but I think the cloud of controversy over him at the time had to do with alllegations that he made up some pieces of evidence and wrote about a few places on S. America that did not exist. Can't remember the details though, it was a long time ago.

benner
Pirate

Post by benner » 02-05-2003 11:24 AM

This book gets better the further you go. I'm liking it so far.
Of course the game is rigged. Don't let that stop you - if you don't play, you can't win.

-Robert Heinlein

Mercury
Pirate

Post by Mercury » 02-08-2003 09:47 PM

In addition to being a very good speaker/radio guest as Maryal says, he is is a great writer no matter the subject. I remember reading his articles on a variety of topics when he still wrote for The Economist in the 1980's. I'd like to hear more from him (in print and via the airwaves).

Return to “Ancient Archaeology”