Interpret Art's WebCam Pics

From the Far East ~ Art Bell!

Moderator: Super Moderators

starrmtn001
Jester Mod

Post by starrmtn001 » 03-07-2005 08:55 PM

Waverider wrote: It's in the ORR' someplace..

Art calls it a golf course..
I call it a weed patch.. Lots of weeds..

It would have been posted shortly after he mentioned it on the radio.. somewhere in the begining...

Thanks Waverider, I'll check it out.

Fred_Vobbe
Pirate

Post by Fred_Vobbe » 04-10-2005 08:52 AM

A Zephyr, (and there are other pieces of equipment), are often used to send programming from one point to another. Think of it as playing an MP3 at the very second it's recorded. Pristine audio!

Art's application is probably from his home, to Premier's studios. It can also be used to connect two studios together, so if Art (in NV) wants to have George (in St Louis) on the air with him, they can do it and it sounds like they are both at the same location.

I use a system like it in my home studio. My outbound audio is off my microphone to the station or agency, while the incoming audio may be a piece of music or a producer/director's cues.

The equipment from Telos, Gentner, and Comrex have done more to bring talk radio forward in technology than any other form of electronics. This, and digital desktop audio workstations, allow people like Art & George to have better sounding product on the air.

Supernova wrote: Actually I suspect it is a piece of equipment which improves the quality of call-in connections and provides for a high quality digital to analog conversion to studio equipment.

Conclusion: The Telos Zephyr is probably already in use by Art and may not be the clue we all so eagerly seek.
scientia quod ethics super ususfructus

spaceprophet
Pirate

Post by spaceprophet » 04-13-2005 02:04 AM

Ramona is either entertaining guests or about to rip somebody's head off. :eek:

Devastated
Moderator - Hammock Expert

Post by Devastated » 04-13-2005 06:22 AM

And, right next to her, Walken.
You don't have to believe everything that you think...

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 01-14-2014 11:35 PM

great Ramona image there, and lots more inside.
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

Return to “Art Bell/The New Frontier”