Piece of Pipe On Mars

From the Far East ~ Art Bell!

Moderator: Super Moderators

dperez3894
Pirate

Piece of Pipe On Mars

Post by dperez3894 » 01-11-2004 12:59 AM

If you look at the close up of the "pipe", you can clearly see the piece of pipe consists of an "elbow" on the right hand side half-buried in the sand and a short section attached to the left hand side.

For the skeptics out there, all they have to is go to the local hardware store and buy an "elbow" pipe with 1 inch openings and buy a short 2-inch section with a 1 inch wide external thread on one end and a 1 inch internal thread on the other end, put the two pieces together and bury half of the elbow in sand with the 2 inch section lying on top of the sand.

The 3-D geometry of those two sections together will look amost exactly like the 3-D geometry of the "pipe on Mars". If people still don't believe it, they should hold up the pipe from the hardware store in front of the enlarged picture on their computer screen and the comparison is completely undeniable.

It also looks like there might be bolts holding together the two sections, like it was a huge water pipe, a sewer pipe, steam pipe or even a fuel pipe from a refinery.

A pipe can't exist on Mars unless manufacturing existed on Mars and manufacturing can't exist on Mars unless people lived on Mars at one time.

spaceprophet
Pirate

Post by spaceprophet » 01-11-2004 01:20 AM

Would it be too far-fetched to suggest that maybe NASA faked the whole thing? Several prominent people in the field have dropped quite a few hints suggesting there is a strong possibility. It'd be a hellava lot cheaper and they could get the same or a bigger budget and generate a lot of enthusiasm for their work.

Hell, lots of people are already suggesting the photos appear to be tampered with.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man. - Jack Handey

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 01-11-2004 01:28 AM

spaceprophet wrote: Would it be too far-fetched to suggest that maybe NASA faked the whole thing?

YES!
racehorse

Elk
Pirate

Post by Elk » 01-11-2004 04:56 AM

Until the rover rolls right up to the "object" and takes a picture of it, Im going to assume that it is what its sure to be.....a rock!
Heres the deal. In nature, the diversity of objects is countless. Many times, while walking on the beach, from a distance Ive seen things, like a head, an airplane wing, or a what I thought was a half buried car, and when I walked up to it, I discovered nothing more than driftwood. The same applies to unusual rock formations. I once thought I spotted a VW bug in the middle of the Skykomish river. Then I got close enough to really see it for what it was, a rock. A really big rock, but a rock none the less. The landing on Mars is a notch in humankinds belt to be sure. But lets take a slow, level headed approach to this stuff, shall we? If there is something other than natural formations there, sooner or later we'll know about it. Patience kids, patience....
Edit to add:
I have seen some extruded lava formations that look remarkably like 3" inch sewage pipe. This occurs when a hole in a lava tube opens and allows liquid lava to ooze out forming the "look alike" sewage pipe. Amazing stuff...:cool:
Last edited by Elk on 01-11-2004 05:12 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Lakesider
Pirate

Post by Lakesider » 01-11-2004 05:33 AM

I just see a blurry rock. Can't wait for the rover to get mobile and get some close-up shots of stuff.

Will the rover be able to climb out of the crater it's in?

Post by Guest » 01-11-2004 07:09 AM

It is revealing how people interpet pictures, or rumors. On one hand you have someone overly excited about a "pipe" found on Mars. On the other you have people implying that we probably are not on Mars, it is just a big conspiracy. It is amazing to me that people have such frighteningly irrational ideas about what is going on, on Mars. I would like to take you guys who think there is a conspiracy around every governmental corner out to dinner and just observe how you order, wait, and eat your meal.

"You see where the hostess seated us, she is positioning us away from the kitchen. They do not want us by the kitchen, so we can not see them putting mind controlling additives in our food"

"You notice how they lowered the price on today's special? It is a CIA code. No seriously, if you spell out the price and then take away every other letter, and then convert the letters back into numbers, and then multiply by seven, your answer is the date and time of the next American Idol series. Which is just a cover for that mean british guy to subvert our way of life so when the Mason's, along with the Grey's, unveil their secret plans for our future we will be too entertained by TV to care"

Devastated
Moderator - Hammock Expert

Post by Devastated » 01-11-2004 07:18 AM

I'm with Elk. I'm a sometimes tour guide and once I attended a tour with another guide who insisted a formation on the distant hills was a sculpted jaguar head. It sure looked like it, but I didn't believe it. I returned the following day with camera and friend and we hiked to the pile of rocks and shot photos and gave them to the BS-ing guide, who decided he liked his own story better.

DPerez, you pretty much told us the recipe for setting up a shot!
I beleive the photos are real and they are being misconstrued by a loveable anti-establishment guy (two of them actually, if you include RaceHorse), who wants to see pipes. I hope he's right, and fear he's not.

artsparts
Pirate

The Pipe

Post by artsparts » 01-11-2004 10:49 AM

This is crazy! It is a pipe! What the hell is going on? The Brookings Institute is alive and well! Please someone come forward and tell all of us the truth!

spaceprophet
Pirate

Post by spaceprophet » 01-11-2004 11:30 AM

Joyride wrote: "You see where the hostess seated us, she is positioning us away from the kitchen. They do not want us by the kitchen, so we can not see them putting mind controlling additives in our food"
You don't have to eat everything they set in front of you. Just because they tell you it's good for you don't mean it is. Besides, don't you like to take a peek into the kitchen once in awhile? The cooks might be having a good ole time spitting in our food and peeing in the ice tea. ;)
Last edited by spaceprophet on 01-11-2004 11:33 AM, edited 1 time in total.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man. - Jack Handey

dperez3894
Pirate

Only Three Doors Of Possibilities

Post by dperez3894 » 01-11-2004 06:53 PM

Door #1. It's a rock like some people claim it is, even though the odds of the winds on Mars carving a hollow tube with metallic features is a trillion to one.

Door #2. It's a pipe that was manufactured by a civilization on Mars.

Door #3. It's a pipe that was made on Earth and the whole Mars Spirit Mission is nothing more than an elaborate movie set(ala Capricorn One).

Although I originally picked door #3 Monty and you showed me what's behind door #1, I choose door #2 in order to double my odds of being right.

Here's the link to the Pipe on Mars Image since I noticed that the original image I linked to has been downscaled and you can't make out the details;

http://ftlequations.250Free.com/images/ ... hepipe.jpg
Last edited by dperez3894 on 01-11-2004 07:09 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 01-11-2004 07:49 PM

I see only rocks and dirt - so far. We may see more later but a defer to my rock quarry experience and I've seen many rocks look like many things, and upon closer examination the were still only rocks. I want to see something as much as the next guy but I always have one eye set on 'skeptical'. ;) (I wink with the non-skeptical eye for sincerity). Attached is my enhanced version of the 'pipe'. I used the full 40MB tiff and Photoshop 7 and tried to bring out as much detail as possible.

I'm sure RCH will assert it's a pipe or a fish or a pyramid fragment...

Joyride, have you eaten in the Pentagon's commissary lately? ;)

Spaceprophet-you better keep your eyes out of the kitchen. I used to work in a restaraunt and you don't want to know what goes on in there...eat in, you know what your're getting...

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 01-11-2004 08:11 PM

A rock by any other name... is still... a rock.
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

I want some of what you've been smokin'

Post by Dale O Sea » 01-11-2004 08:53 PM

...or a rock pipe..?

Laird
Pirate

Re: I want some of what you've been smokin'

Post by Laird » 01-11-2004 10:39 PM

dale65802 wrote: ...or a rock pipe..?

That large black thing behind that steel Tree Stand thing looks like Oscar's garbage can landed on Mars. Go figure!! The childrens network take off!

Return to “Art Bell/The New Frontier”