Sad News

From the Far East ~ Art Bell!

Moderator: Super Moderators

Riddick
Pirate

Art Bell's Unique Style Captivated Audiences

Post by Riddick » 04-20-2018 02:52 PM

A brief update (nothing new really) and a few words from George Knapp, as well as a clip from an interview with Art from just before Dark Matter started.

http://www.lasvegasnow.com/news/i-team- ... 1130503038
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

Art Bell Tribute - The Other Side of Midnight / 21 Apr 2018

Post by Riddick » 04-28-2018 04:38 PM

A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

Re: Sad News

Post by Riddick » 06-16-2018 05:28 PM

-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

Radio Host Art Bell Died Of Accidental Drug Overdose

Post by Riddick » 08-01-2018 10:51 PM

Longtime Pahrump radio personality Art Bell died of an accidental overdose from a cocktail of prescription drugs, the Clark County coroner’s office said Wednesday.

Bell died April 13 in a bedroom of his Pahrump home at age 72. The coroner’s office determined he had four prescription medications in his system: the opioid oxycodone, the analgesic hydrocodone, diazepam, often marketed as Valium, and carisoprodol, a muscle-relaxant. Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and hypertension contributed to his death, the coroner’s office said.

The drugs that killed Bell were lawfully prescribed to him, the Nye County Sheriff’s Office said in a video posted to Facebook. FULL STORY

-Donald Trump Image

maryals51
Pirate

Post by maryals51 » 08-02-2018 03:05 PM

I remember when Art talked about falling off his porch and getting a very bad back injury. Happened late 1990s
Sometimes he talked about back injury, how horrible the pain can be...sometimes there was a Guest Host on C2C because Art was out with back pain

Considering all the sorts of guests he had on Coast, it's so sad that Art couldn't find some Holistic treatment for his back pain.

Maybe he was getting something while living in The Philippines...acupuncture or natural medicine or something.

Instead of being sad I'm gonna focus on the Good Memories
"When they tell you not to Panic that's when you run!"

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate
Location: SW IN USA-UK Midlands SCANIAowner @ Sound Cloud - @ Supernaturalearth

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 08-04-2018 09:47 AM

:(

Last evening about 7:45 pm CST talk show veteran Mike Gallagher gave Art a nice eulogy combined with the recent sad news of the autopsy results. He said he'd met him twice. Mike had for years tuned in often during late night's to hear the news of UFO's and the paranormal. He compared his passing to so many other persons under doctors care :confused: world wide using similar opioids and other prescription pain killers. :(

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 08-11-2018 10:47 PM

Its very sad........

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate

Re:  

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 08-12-2018 10:19 AM

Dude111 wrote: 08-11-2018 10:47 PM Its very sad........
The opioid crisis cost the lives of 48,000 Americans last year........... :(

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 08-12-2018 02:20 PM

Ya know, Art was familer with pain meds, and I would say he was far from stupid. He Hurt so he is The One that took them . I doubt, that his Doctor said, " Now Art, Go home and take these pills in quanity and all at once." I know Drs get the blame, mostly because they are still alive and for some strange reason it is deemed not nice to hold the addicted ,responsible for their own demise.

I will miss the Art Bell, that helped open up my closed mind, but, to be sorry that he made his escape from this nutsy world and the pain we humans are proned to .......... I don't think so.........

If your Doctor told ya to take a cup of thumb tacks and eat them, would you?
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 08-13-2018 11:45 AM

This is sad - Riddick, I also recall Art's back issues. Having back issues myself from old car accidents (plus having congenital back issues) I can say that, while holistic health may prove beneficial to some, it is not a panacea and doesn't work for everyone, so it may be that pain management via meds is one of the few options that Art had. Still, as with Doka - Art did open a lot of people's minds (mine included) and for that I'm very appreciative.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 04-13-2019 02:58 AM

C2C's last hour tonight features another Art tribute, it was a year ago he passed on
https://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2019/04/12

I gotta give George credit for giving Art the credit he's due, and honoring his memory

-Donald Trump Image

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 04-13-2019 07:15 AM

This tribute by George for Art on the 13th was
especially great and appreciated. I heard it too Riddick. :D

Thanks for your post. Art was an exceptional American veteran and other worlds radio icon. :wink:

MK II
[*]@ #2 Find the eerie antedating of 12/7/1941 vs 9/11/01

#1 A

https://youtu.be/DUY8aSx8-yo

#1 B

🌎 🏔 🌏 🗻 🌍 🌋
https://youtu.be/ajRuvYMk30E

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/superna ... -t543.html

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 04-13-2019 10:15 AM

I listened in too. I really enjoyed it. It kinda put me in a nostalgic mood as I slipped off into dreamland. 8)
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 04-13-2019 08:08 PM

I got to hear part of it as well, which is strange because I've stopped listening to Coast a while ago now but just started putting the radio on again at night lately. Was nice to hear Art's voice over the radio again......
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Riddick
Pirate

A Pahrump Prayer & Farewell For Art

Post by Riddick » 04-14-2019 12:49 PM

-Donald Trump Image

Return to “Art Bell/The New Frontier”