What's The Last ART BELL Show/Interview You Listened To?

From the Far East ~ Art Bell!

Moderator: Super Moderators

In the last 30 days how many hours of classic Art Bell programs have you listened to?

Art Bell sux! I only listen to Noory.
No votes
Less than 4
57%
5 to 10
29%
11 to 24
14%
25 or more
No votes
720. (I'm never not listening to Art Bell)
No votes

Total votes: 7

Riddick
Pirate

What's The Last ART BELL Show/Interview You Listened To?

Post by Riddick » 05-28-2014 12:21 AM

Either C2CAM, Dreamland, or Dark Matter!
Please also list source (online streaming, mp3 file, audio tape etc.)

I last listened to Art's interview with George Carlin from 11/10/99
online at archive.coasttocoastam.com

Tip of the hat to The Dude for giving me the idea for this thread :)

Raggedyann
Pirate

Re: What's The Last ART BELL Show/Interview You Listened To?

Post by Raggedyann » 05-28-2014 02:22 AM

Riddick wrote: Either C2CAM, Dreamland, or Dark Matter!
Please also list source (online streaming, mp3 file, audio tape etc.)

I last listened to Art's interview with George Carlin from 11/10/99
online at archive.coasttocoastam.com

Tip of the hat to The Dude for giving me the idea for this thread :)

Last time I listened to Art was on DM online streaming from Siriusxm.
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 05-28-2014 08:16 AM

Me too it was Art's last show on Sirius.
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 05-28-2014 10:30 AM

Same here....
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 05-28-2014 02:23 PM

Not exactly the response I was expecting yet still VERY interesting! Three folks in a row who've gone totally Bell free for quite some time - Is it coincidence, or something more that that? For a fella planning another eventual comeback with a fee-free show, at this point any trend towards diehards "tuning out" is certainly no good sign -

Perhaps it can be more than safely said fan interest in listening to Art new OR old fell off in general after the DM debacle?

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 05-28-2014 03:16 PM

I definitely have a very bad taste in my mouth from it, and there is no way I would pay a subscription again unless the show has been running for a long time and promises to keep going.

I did not pirate one thing from the sirius time, I pre-joined before he broadcast anything, but this time I will hit youtube for shows for the first little while.

We stood up as fans, we paid, we got the ball rolling for the social side. We made discussion decks, we talked the hell out of it. For what? We never even got a proper apology let alone an explanation.
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 05-28-2014 03:54 PM

When I recently read the news of the impending "closure" of the Haarp array, I went back and listened to this:

Side note: If you want to laugh hysterically, listen to the above interview from 1996, then listen to last night's Snoory/Begich interview. Stark.
Last edited by SquidInk on 05-28-2014 03:57 PM, edited 1 time in total.
For if it profit, none dare call it Treason.

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 05-28-2014 03:59 PM

Art pushed everybody too far with his last stunt. Not only did he compromise his listeners trust but also their pocket books. His reasons for bailing on sirius were lame and irresponsible, which made me question all the other complaints he disclosed about his broadcast ventures over the years.

I always thought Art had a genuine interest in the fringe subjects he covered but after this last fiasco I now liken him to the entertainer Rush Limbaugh. I didn't appreciate his sanctimonious political lectures that started after 9/11 and it made me wonder who was pulling his strings and if he really was nothing but just another media hack. :(
Last edited by Raggedyann on 05-28-2014 04:02 PM, edited 1 time in total.
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 05-28-2014 04:14 PM

Raggedyann wrote: Art pushed everybody too far with his last stunt. Not only did he compromise his listeners trust but also their pocket books. His reasons for bailing on sirius were lame and irresponsible, which made me question all the other complaints he disclosed about his broadcast ventures over the years.

I always thought Art had a genuine interest in the fringe subjects he covered but after this last fiasco I now liken him to the entertainer Rush Limbaugh. I didn't appreciate his sanctimonious political lectures that started after 9/11 and it made me wonder who was pulling his strings and if he really was nothing but just another media hack. :(
Two thumbs-up. :bowdown:
For if it profit, none dare call it Treason.

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 05-28-2014 05:55 PM

SquidInk wrote: When I recently read the news of the impending "closure" of the Haarp array, I went back and listened to this:

Side note: If you want to laugh hysterically, listen to the above interview from 1996, then listen to last night's Snoory/Begich interview. Stark.

This is one of my favorite shows, if for nothing else than I feel that the show was (and still in, in many ways) cutting edge, in that the subject matter just wasn't being reported by the media (and in many ways, still isn't). I did listen to this one a few times over the past year, just not during the past month or so. Also, there's something about that opening music that always gave me a thrill listening to the "old Art" that I just don't have with Coast - even if George Knapp is hosting. Knapp is very good, but I'm sure that he's on a short leash and has felt the pressure that forced JB Wells out of the broadcast booth......
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 05-29-2014 03:10 AM

Aside any animus over DM, am I right to think the overall sentiment here is that listening to classic Art still surely has its charms, especially compared to the current C2C product as exemplified by its NO-BELL Prize winning host?

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 05-29-2014 10:45 AM

DING, DING, DING!!!!! Folks, we have a winner!!!!!

:D

Some Coast shows are "OK....." . I still listen to the playback at work, but it's not the same. I'm finding the same 'ol line-up of guests repetitive and shallow in what they "report", and I'm sure that this has to do with the corporate control.
Really getting tired of the virtues of turmeric as well. Noory lost me on the constant spiritualism and his references to his aunt. Now this......

Return to “Art Bell/The New Frontier”