Does Art's Cryptic Message Mean Return To Airwaves?

From the Far East ~ Art Bell!

Moderator: Super Moderators

Rayvyn
Pirate

Does Art's Cryptic Message Mean Return To Airwaves?

Post by Rayvyn » 07-16-2013 12:19 PM

Just reading a local newsgroup and apparently Art Bell posted a cryptic message of dashes and dots(Morse code) on his site http://www.Artbell.com. It says "Wanna Take A Ride?"

Yes Art! We want to take a ride. Please come back! We need to hear some entertaining commentary on the paranormal these days. Coast to Coast AM only has one good host now in George Knapp. Ian Punnett retired Sunday. We need someone like Art Bell now.

Rayvyn

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 07-16-2013 12:39 PM

FWIW, here's what a poster over at CoastGab had to say about all this -
  • Here is more speculation.
    Noory's contract expires at the end of this year. He will have a new website at the end of the month and be reading health care vignettes.That is not going to work for Coast to Coast. Noory is not getting fired, he is being repositioned. He will have a show, but it will cater more to his interests and be shorter, two hours, so that he can have four guests. It be entitled A Healthy Dose of George Noory.

The meat and potatoes is going to be giving back to Art and John Wells,. Coast is going to be given to John B. Wells and Art will be doing weekends with George Knapp on his usual Sunday shift.
    A little bat from the cave told me.

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 07-16-2013 01:31 PM

I'm not sure I understand Riddick? We still have to go through 2hrs of Goergie to get to "meat and potatoes?"
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 07-16-2013 02:34 PM

Doka wrote: I'm not sure I understand Riddick? We still have to go through 2hrs of Goergie to get to "meat and potatoes?"
That's the way I took it. I suppose that'd be something of a face-saving measure for both George and Premrad instead of simply showing him the door after ten years. At the same time, whether they'll still be delivering a healthy dose of him night after night for another ten years is entirely up to the numbers the show would bring in -

'Course, it's all speculation, unless indeed the poster had inside info from an in-the-know diminutive cave bat.

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 07-16-2013 07:19 PM

All great speculation, although I'm cautious about believing. It would be nice if the show were to exit the Clear Channel stable and come unto its own with some of the principles behind it. I think a Wells/Bell team could lead the ratings in a way Noory only hoped for. But here's the clincher.

It depends too on the producers of the show as well as the operational staff. All must be of the ilk that we knew as the real Coast. I'm not sure that many of the present people have what it takes to make compelling radio. After all, working at Clear Channel teaches you one thing. You don't have to be great.... just better that mediocre to win the ratings battle.

I hope it's true, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

JimWest
Pirate

Post by JimWest » 07-17-2013 06:40 PM

Originally posted by Riddick
Noory's contract expires at the end of this year.

But it was announced today that Noory has now renewed a long term contract with the network today and he states he will be hosting c2cam for decades to come (when men land on Mars):
http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archi ... =mail_arbs
George Noory Renews Long-Term Coast To Coast AM Deal With Premiere Networks

July 17, 2013
PREMIERE NETWORKS announced an exclusive long-term agreement with top national radio personality GEORGE NOORY to renew his relationship with the company. Under the new agreement, NOORY will continue his current role as host of the overnight program, COAST TO COAST AM. "By renewing my deal with PREMIERE NETWORKS, I'll be around when astronauts land on Mars,” said NOORY. “I want to thank PREMIERE and CLEAR CHANNEL MEDIA AND ENTERTAINMENT for having the confidence in me and our amazing team to take COAST TO COAST AM into the future. I look forward to many more years of bringing riveting programs during the late-night hours to our millions of listeners around the world.” “The continued growth and success of COAST TO COAST AM is a testament to GEORGE’s incredible talent and dedication,” stated JULIE TALBOTT, President/Content And Affiliate Services for National Media Groups, CLEAR CHANNEL MEDIA AND ENTERTAINMENT. “Each year, GEORGE takes COAST to COAST AM to new heights, and we couldn’t be happier to extend our partnership with him for years to come.”

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 07-17-2013 08:30 PM

JimWest, Such sad news, but I promise not to hurt you!:D
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Saharaka
Pirate

Post by Saharaka » 07-17-2013 10:37 PM

Riddick wrote: FWIW, here's what a poster over at CoastGab had to say about all this -
  • Here is more speculation.
    Noory's contract expires at the end of this year. He will have a new website at the end of the month and be reading health care vignettes.That is not going to work for Coast to Coast. Noory is not getting fired, he is being repositioned. He will have a show, but it will cater more to his interests and be shorter, two hours, so that he can have four guests. It be entitled A Healthy Dose of George Noory.

The meat and potatoes is going to be giving back to Art and John Wells,. Coast is going to be given to John B. Wells and Art will be doing weekends with George Knapp on his usual Sunday shift.
    A little bat from the cave told me.

I rather like this scenario!
Creature of the desert

"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing plaid with stripes comes easy."

Saharaka
Pirate

Post by Saharaka » 07-17-2013 10:41 PM

JimWest wrote: But it was announced today that Noory has now renewed a long term contract with the network today and he states he will be hosting c2cam for decades to come (when men land on Mars):

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, all I can say to Clear Channel and George....good luck with that! I have little doubt that the program and George will be long gone before anyone lands on Mars.
Creature of the desert

"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing plaid with stripes comes easy."

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 07-18-2013 02:29 AM

JimWest wrote: But it was announced today that Noory has now renewed a long term contract with the network today and he states he will be hosting c2cam for decades to come (when men land on Mars):
So much for the bat being in the know, eh?

I'd also say given the extent of Premier's commitment to George, in the event they carry through with it I'd be as equally surprised to see Art involved with C2C in any way any sooner than we see a human on The Red Planet.

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 07-18-2013 02:45 AM

Saharaka wrote: I rather like this scenario!
I as well... though I could easily do without Noory, on C2C or any other show. As it is, the title seems questionable to me - "A Healthy Dose" - is such a thing possible with George? I'd think a "Hazardous Material" warning would be a more appropriate label!

BenSlain
Pirate

Post by BenSlain » 07-18-2013 02:45 AM

This is good news. It means Art will have nothing to do with c2c and will be doing something else. If anything. I may not care for the man in general but his interviewing skills and free range way of doing things with the topics we love is missed by all.
Put in a prison cell, but one time he could-a been The champion of the world.

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 07-18-2013 01:43 PM

JimWest wrote: But it was announced today that Noory has now renewed a long term contract with the network today and he states he will be hosting c2cam for decades to come
Yes I just happend to tune across a station running his show last night and he said just this!! (I didnt listen long)

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 07-18-2013 02:00 PM

Dude111 wrote: Yes I just happend to tune across a station running his show last night and he said just this!! (I didnt listen long)
Good you didn't. So much as it's been generally determined prolonged listening to GN is hazardous to mental health, why risk permanent brain damage by tuning in longer!

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 07-18-2013 07:08 PM

Cumulus Communications has said they were "thinking" of originating some programming. I wonder if Art is in on that. After all, Cumulus Communications is like the 5th largest broadcaster, presently owning the old ABC stations, and there are rumors they are going after the CBS stations.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Art Bell/The New Frontier”